Curiosity killed the cat

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
When you feel something about your external environment, do you think the feeling you are having is telling you exactly what is going on.

Say you experienced anxiety about a person who spends much time with your spouse, does that emotional reaction you have prove that something is going on between them?

Do you then start believing with that feeling, that you can obtain accurate knowledge of the situation you know nothing about.

How?

How do you gain insight about something you feel is happening, by just believing that the anxiety you have about your spouse is warranted grounds for your accusations?

How do you confirm those feelings are what you suspect, if what you suspect is a projection of what you believe about them in the first place.

Say the police turned up at my apartment complex for their own reason. My first reaction could be a feeling of fear, or paranoia, or curiosity.

Let's take curiosity.

Will I be able to ascertain a logical conclusion (Drawing out the facts) for why the police are here, if I only accept my curiosity for what I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you feel something about your external environment, do you think the feeling you are having is telling you exactly what is going on.

Say you experienced anxiety about a person who spends much time with your spouse, does that emotional reaction you have prove that something is going on between them?

Do you then start believing with that feeling, that you can obtain accurate knowledge of the situation you know nothing about.

How?

How do you gain insight about something you feel is happening, by just believing that the anxiety you have about your spouse is warranted grounds for your accusations?

How do you confirm those feelings are what you suspect, if what you suspect is a projection of what you believe about them in the first place.

Say the police turned up at my apartment complex for their own reason. My first reaction could be a feeling of fear, or paranoia, or curiosity.

Let's take curiosity.

Will I be able to ascertain a logical conclusion (Drawing out the facts) for why the police are here, if I only accept my curiosity for what I believe.

Ha, that's a tough one. It's like when you know that somebody is full of bologna, YOU know this but, cannot prove it, lol.
"How do you confirm those feelings are what you suspect..."
I would say that, many times, we don't really need to confirm our feelings. If it's a possible cheating spouse then, I'd say, hire a PI. :)

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Ha, that's a tough one. It's like when you know that somebody is full of bologna, YOU know this but, cannot prove it, lol.
"How do you confirm those feelings are what you suspect..."
I would say that, many times, we don't really need to confirm our feelings. If it's a possible cheating spouse then, I'd say, hire a PI. :)
Good for you Nancy, give me a hug.

Reactions: Nancy