Curiosity question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I would compare myself to Jacob (i.e. Israel) because he doubted God and tested him oftentimes. (e.g. Genesis 28:22)Then, after he was blessed with 12 sons, and clearly knew of God's promises to him, he thought he lost Joseph (the firstborn of his favorite wife), and did not care to risk Benjamin, either. Why would God give him these children, make promises, just to take them away again? He definitely was acting like a depressed alarmist, like his whole world was caving in---- he was more earthly in his orientation.Even after reuniting with Joseph in Egypt and his family was safe from famine, he told the pharaoh "The days of the years of my pilgrimage are an hundred and thirty years: few and evil have the days of the years of my life been, and have not attained unto the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their pilgrimage." Definitely like an angry old man.But in spite of all this, I see a deep faith (or at least wishing) in the promises under the surface and much of his so-called fear, anger, testing, etc was fear that God may not come thru when he placed so much faith in Him---- nobody wants to see failure in someone they prize so much.That's definitely how I sometimes act and mutter things, at least under my breath or to only a certain few people.

faith

Jun 1, 2007
Archangel Michael for sure..i would dedicate myself to faithfully protect heaven & our Father for all time..
happy.gif

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
(Jon-Marc;17871)
Thomas, because of all my doubts.
What doubts mate? You're 62 years old and still have doubts?I'm 59 and get spiritually-stronger with each passing year so I'm definitely doing something right..
smile.gif
Tell us about your doubts and we can help..
smile.gif
PS - I'm probably a Jeremiah type, he began as young and unsure of himself but grew in strength as time went by.."For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power.." (2 Tim 1:7)

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
King Solomon. I deeply respect his wisdom. And I try to right my self as many ways as possible.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Well guess I should answer my own question,and I would say David,because I fear no man,love the Lord with all my heart,andboy have I had women problemsThanks to all that answered

elmo

Sep 19, 2007
personally I don't compare myself to anyone, because "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" and rather than comparing myself to anyone I aspire to follow Jesus's example...he came to earth as a human being have the same urges and worldly desires as the rest of us...and he conquered sin, abstained from it, and did what all non-christians think is impossible...he was "perfect." Even on when the cross (when I think of this I get emotional because without him I would die in my sin) he said, "forgive them for they know not what they do" we has humans can't project loving our enemies as Jesus did because there is alway that part of us that wants to hold a grudge or just push enemies away from us...but again Jesus said, "love your enemies," turn the other cheek, and most all this verses come to mind, if a man asketh for bread will you give him rocks..."even your enemies do good to those are their friends" (that's just the general message)...so we as christian must do more than that...we must return their hate and show them love (something they can't understand because they don't believe in "loving their enemies)my point is don't compare yourself to anyone but rather strive to follow Jesus and the example he gave us when he came to Earth.

elmo

Sep 19, 2007
I just have one thing to say which has nothing to do about this subject but about "curiousity"this is not a judgement about the over subject or to anyone involed in this discussion.All Im saying is certain types of curiousity is unhealthy spirituallylike for instance Eve ate of the tree after the devil tempted her why?because she was curiousone of the devil's weapons is to make us curious of what we don't understandbut we must learn to take God's commandments seriously without thinking,"I just want to know what drinking will do to me...for example.orI just want to see what my horoscope says or even what the psychic is going to say about my problem.we as christians must be on our guards at all times and be not be led astray from Gods path by satan's temptations like being curious.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Point taken elmo and agreed but the kind of question in this particular post can be a positive thing to make one examine themselves against the people in Gods word and serve to make one want to strive to be more like a person in scripture they admire. Not that anyone was perfect but we all can improve.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
elmo
one of the devil's weapons is to make us curious of what we don't understandbut we must learn to take God's commandments seriously without thinking,"I just want to know what drinking will do to me...for example.orI just want to see what my horoscope says or even what the psychic is going to say about my problem.we as christians must be on our guards at all times and be not be led astray from Gods path by satan's temptations like being curious.
I don't see nothing wrong with being curious myself,it is not the devil that makes one curious,man is curious by nature,if he was not, I don't think we would have all the great inventions that we enjoy today that have made our lives so much easier,compared to back in the day.As a matter of opinion I take curiosty to be very healthy,it stimulates the mind,mine anyway.My Father did not create me as a robot,He created me with free will of thought,and with that comes curiosity.Do you think we would now be in America had not Columbus was not curios about the world being flat,and just took every one elses word for it.Just because someone is curious dos'nt mean they will do what is wrong,for example,if I know something will kill me if I did it Im not going to be curious enough to try it although I might be curious enough to know why it would kill me,and being curious about that could lead me to preventing the reason why this something would kill me,ie .I guess what Im trying to say is,Eve was'nt curious,she was stupid,and there is a difference.Curiosity has led to many wonderful discovries

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
Paul,because I persicuted the Christians before Christ showed me the truth.Now I seek to make sure the truth is being passed on and not the fairy tales people want to make up about the truth therefor making the truth a lie.

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
I admire king solomon for his wisdom... I love to write and thank God for his wisdom and inspiration... I always try to be as wise as possible, (although I sometimes deliberately do unwise things) but, I like the power to inspire others and speak on a conscious level. As for who I am (or would most likely be) in the Bible, I don't know yet... I haven't fully read the bible, and so I cannot decide on who's life is most similar to mine.

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
John the beloved, because I hear voices and talk to a spirit, be warned. But I'm happy because I have proven to myself that there is a spiritual world."Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world." (1 John 4:1)