Currently in Quarantine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was covered in the post at the top of this page of this thread.

Somewhere between 3-7 months is all that having this virus does for immunity against a strain...but there are now a bunch of different strains.

All it took was half a billion cases for it to turn into a nightmare scenario.

This thing is highly contagious with at least a ten day incubation period.

No one knows what kind of immunity (if any) or how long these vaccines will protect against getting ill or infection...

Lots of testing is going to be needed and completed.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...
The only medicine we currently have that seems to work is dexamethasone.

It's not really enough...

I don't get all the claims for HCQ...27+ studies all showing consistent results of it not working. But people believe that it does.

They say that you need to add this or that or do it at precise timing...

Well I want to try it with a single malt liquor trial....I'm gonna get a bottle of glenlivet and try it myself. It might not cure me but I'll feel better about being sick.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...
With all the quarantine fatigue in the USA and elsewhere we seem to have yet another spike in cases.

Will we make it to get the vaccines?

But soon... within a couple of months the vaccines will begin to roll out.
First one then another and another...there are over 200+ vaccines coming into stage three trials.
But a limited supply of doses.

A hundred thousand doses only innocculates fifty thousand people. (Most require two injections)

Who gets to go first?
Who gets their life back free from quarantines first?

Those already quarantined in nursing homes and prisons?

Those who are public servants like police and EMT?

Doctors and nurses?

Essential workers?

Transportation workers for airlines, trains, and busses? Commuter workers?

Here in America we have 330 million people... even if they can make 2 million doses of vaccines per day it's going to require a year to make enough vaccine for American citizens.
Much less than enough for those places like Canada and Mexico and other trading partners with whom we do lots and lots of trade with and people running back and forth across borders like they were non-existent as before.
(Getting the picture yet?)
Thank God for Anti-vac and Anti-mask people who don't want any...they can be sick and infectious all they want after I get vaccinated and then I won't have to worry about my wife dying from their self-important behavior anymore.

It's going to be a few years before things become normalized again.

But I'm still thinking that there's another fight coming soon.