Daily reading plans

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

slipstream

Feb 12, 2008
I am reading the bible for my first time and now have finished Genesis and Exodus.Should I continue from beginning to end or use a reading plan, that I have read is better way to follow the Bible.Your thought are always welcome please.Thank you.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I always recommend reading Gen. Exodus then Mark, Mathew and LukeThis sets the beginning and understanding of Christ that makes the types in the rest of the Old testament easier to understand.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
John is a very good Book.Genesis --> Exodus --> John --> Acts --> Mark, Matthew, Luke --> Go any where you would like from there.I recommend you read the New Testament first
smile.gif
. You can skip Revelation if you like, it's a very, very symbolic book. Read Proverbs after the NT.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It does kind of depend on ones level of understanding I would agree that Acts should be added to the list but if you are just learning you might put John at the End of mine or Wakkas list it can be difficult in places

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
You can purchase a One Year Bible that gives you passages from the Old Testament , Psalms, and New Testament to read each day. That way you are reading through different parts of the Bible each day. Genesis and Exodus are pretty interesting reading, but when you hit Leviticus and Numbers, it can be dry. There are some nuggets here and there you don't want to miss out on, though. Deuteronomy is basically a recap of Exodus. Then Joshua picks up the pace. To me, the New Testament is more life application, but the Old Testament gives me hope because I can see myself in many of the folks and the mistakes they made. God still chose to forgive and use them mightily. The Psalms help me to feel comfort when I am down and are great for praise. The Proverbs are good for advise. It truly is a "living" book. Jesus will meet you there each day.
smile.gif

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
That's a great place to start. I love to read about Jesus. I cannot get enough. I could read and reread His words over and over again. I like to break apart what He said phrase by phrase and "chew on it a little while". I know when He spoke He didn't just have a surface meaning, but there was so much more to what He was saying. The Bible is like peeling an onion. There's a surface reading in reading it for the first time. But you can read it for many years and never manage to "see" all there is to know about it. The Holy Spirit is constantly bringing to light new revelations of His Word. They were there all along, but I didn't have the spiritual eyes to see them. I wasn't down far enough as I was peeling the onion. I hope that makes sense to you.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Whatever you do do not read the first ten chapters of 1st chroniclesIts a cure for insomnia
smile.gif
even though a very important book for biblical scholars. my daily reading plans go like this. Close my eyes, ask God to show me something today. and then open it to a random page and read. This way God is directing what I read.