Daniel 8, 2,300 days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it butchered?

Because of the King James version.
Daniel 8:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Only the KJV and its variants translated this way.

The rest translated like this:
Daniel 8:14 New International Version (NIV)
14 He said to me, “It will take 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the sanctuary will be reconsecrated.”

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is that a problem?
Because the majority say 2,300 days means 2300 years.

They do this because a week in Daniel means seven years. So they say a day means a year.

But they have a major problem.

If you claim 2,300 evenings and mornings means 2300 years then you have to say the six days of Genesis is 6 years.

The actual meaning is from mid-trib when the AOD is set up to the completion of the cleansing and rededication of the Temple is 2,300 days.

Just like:
Daniel 12:11-12 New International Version (NIV)
11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.

Is from mid trib until the AOD is pulled down and then until all those who took the mark of the beast are hunted down.

From the rapture it is 1,260 days until mid-trib.
From mid-trib to the second coming 1,260 days.
From mid-trib to tearing down the AOD 1,229 days.
From mid-trib to hunting all of those with the mark being hunted down 1,290 days.

Why is 1,290 days a blessing? It means they enter the MK.

I believe another reason why six 2,300 days is the construction of the Ezekiel Temple.

I believe it's program all the stones from the Temple are already cut and hidden. And they are interlocking stone, so they just need to be dropped in place like a jigsaw puzzle.

I also believe all garments and utensils are already made.

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why is it butchered?

Because of the King James version.
Daniel 8:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Only the KJV and its variants translated this way.

The rest translated like this:
Daniel 8:14 New International Version (NIV)
14 He said to me, “It will take 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the sanctuary will be reconsecrated.”

Yes--I have a Jewish-Christian friend who says that the best translation for the OT is the NIV (although she doesn't like the newest NIV that came out a few years ago). She says that the NIV reads the most like the Hebrew. I have a Greek Cypriot friend who says that the New American Standard is the best word-for-word, Greek to English for the NT--but word-for-word from the Greek can be a bit awkward at times. She also reads the LXX for the OT. I like the NLT for the narrative flow and know that it is the best translation for kids who are just learning the Bible. A "dynamic" translation like the NLT is good to use when looking to read through long passages (which, to my mind, is the best way to appreciate the entire sweep of Scripture). I would stay away from paraphrases or things like The Message which I believe really distorts the meaning in many cases.

The KJV is good from the aspect of being easy to memorize (because of the antiquated language, I think) but we really should read and study a variety of translations--I think that "KJV only" people are missing a lot. Some say that it would simply be "confusing" to read a variety of translations. I disagree--I think reading a variety of translations leads to a better understanding of what the Bible is saying. Of course, understanding of the Bible at all, is a function of the indwelling Holy Spirit, anyway. The KJV has a number of errors and the Apostle Paul's densely theological epistles are exasperating in the KJV.

Reactions: CoreIssue

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes--I have a Jewish-Christian friend who says that the best translation for the OT is the NIV (although she doesn't like the newest NIV that came out a few years ago). She says that the NIV reads the most like the Hebrew. I have a Greek Cypriot friend who says that the New American Standard is the best word-for-word, Greek to English for the NT--but word-for-word from the Greek can be a bit awkward at times. She also reads the LXX for the OT. I like the NLT for the narrative flow and know that it is the best translation for kids who are just learning the Bible. A "dynamic" translation like the NLT is good to use when looking to read through long passages (which, to my mind, is the best way to appreciate the entire sweep of Scripture). I would stay away from paraphrases or things like The Message which I believe really distorts the meaning in many cases.

The KJV is good from the aspect of being easy to memorize (because of the antiquated language, I think) but we really should read and study a variety of translations--I think that "KJV only" people are missing a lot. Some say that it would simply be "confusing" to read a variety of translations. I disagree--I think reading a variety of translations leads to a better understanding of what the Bible is saying. Of course, understanding of the Bible at all, is a function of the indwelling Holy Spirit, anyway. The KJV has a number of errors and the Apostle Paul's densely theological epistles are exasperating in the KJV.
She does not want the newest version. Stick with the 1978.

The NIV is a balance between dynamic and so-called Word for Word.

I say so-called because you cannot do a translation Word for Word.

I use the NIV. My second choice NASB, also an excellent Bible.

Here is a chart showing the balance of dynamic and literal major Bible versions.
bible %.png

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This as one of the most butchered prophecies in the Bible.
Daniel 8:14 is a fulfilled prophecy.
The 2300 evenings and mornings, is 1150 actual days, that fit exactly in the time period that the 2nd Temple was desecrated by Antiochus 4th, in 167- 164 BC.
People have tried to fit that period in somewhere else; anywhere, without any success.
Unless the bible specifies 1 day does equal 1 year, as it does in Ezekiel 4:4-6, then there is no reason to change the given time. Especially with the one in Daniel 8, as that makes it doubly clear; 2300 mornings and evenings, when the sacrifices were made.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The 2300 evenings and mornings, is 1150 actual days,
When you check the creation record you'll read that a day constituted an evening and a morning, a 24hr cycle no different to what we experience today as the earths rotation on its axis so that 2300 evenings and mornings is none other than as stated, 2300 days.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
When you check the creation record you'll read that a day constituted an evening and a morning, a 24hr cycle no different to what we experience today as the earths rotation on its axis so that 2300 evenings and mornings is none other than as stated, 2300 days.
There is but ONE evening and ONE morning in every 24 hour day.
Please provide proof for your beliefs.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I hope as more and more comes out people will see that while the KJV is a Bible. It is a far cry from the best translation.
I have used the ESV as well. Translation is always a judgment call by the translators--there is no such thing as a perfect translation, unfortunately. Goes back to the Tower of Babel, I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBebe

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is but ONE evening and ONE morning in every 24 hour day.
Please provide proof for your beliefs.
Read it as it's intended to be read....2300 evenings and 2300 mornings. The expressing of evening and morning constitute a day. It is not intended to be halved. It is to be interpreted by the same principal as is Daniel 9:24-27, a prophetic day representing a year.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An evening and a morning constitute one Rotation of the earth.

Since the Sun was not created until the three the Bible is looking at a complete rotation of the earth.

Either that or since God had wrapped the earth in a blanket of darkness, it would mean rotating into the darkness in the evening and out of the darkness in the morning.

Either way it is a 24 hour day.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A problem was saying this was historical is a simple fact the Bible identifies the AOD as being a statue of the antichrist. Which did not happen in history since the AC did not exist yet.