Daniel's 70Th Week: Warnings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Surf Rider

Dec 17, 2009
in the kingdom of heaven right now
I'm glad you have a sense of victory.

You do too, do you not?

The world respects the captain that goes down with his ship

And just where does the opinion of the world have any bearing on spiritual things?

A son of God stands on the firm foundation of the word of God.
Yes. And I've seen many different bluprints spread before me here "from" the word of God on this one topic alone, and they are by those who claim to be sons of God standing on the word. Why is it that we have different foundations from the same word of God?

Now for everyone, not just Bud 02....
What about Romans 9:28 and it's like? For those who like to dabble in Greek, as though that yields spiritual wisdom, dabble with this in relation to the Daniel visions. Yes, that was plural -- visions. Here's a tranliteration: For logos concluding and cutting short in righteousness, because logos cut short will the Lord do upon the earth.

Fit that into the prophcies, and our penchant for "deep" meaning regarding the word logos and John 1 using the word logos, which everyone is familiar with.

As an old friend of mine is want to say, "Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!"

Food for thought, in other words.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
You do too, do you not?

My choice of words was prompted by watchman's endless claims

And just where does the opinion of the world have any bearing on spiritual things?

My Palm bible says more than 200 uses of the word in the NT, Depending on translation it varies slightly.

1 Cor 2-[sup]13[/sup] These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. [sup]14[/sup] But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. [sup]15[/sup] But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. [sup]16[/sup] For “who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Jonh 14-17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Mt 16-[sup]26[/sup] For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Mt 18-[sup]7[/sup] Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!

mt 24-[sup]14[/sup] And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

John 1-[sup]10[/sup] He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.

John 7-[sup]7[/sup] The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil.

1 cor 1-[sup]21[/sup] For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

Yes. And I've seen many different bluprints spread before me here "from" the word of God on this one topic alone, and they are by those who claim to be sons of God standing on the word. Why is it that we have different foundations from the same word of God?

[sup]6[/sup] For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and will deceive many.
1 John 4
[sup]1[/sup] Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

What about Romans 9:28 and it's like? For those who like to dabble in Greek, as though that yields spiritual wisdom, dabble with this in relation to the Daniel visions. Yes, that was plural -- visions. Here's a tranliteration: For logos concluding and cutting short in righteousness, because logos cut short will the Lord do upon the earth.

Fit that into the prophcies, and our penchant for "deep" meaning regarding the word logos and John 1 using the word logos, which everyone is familiar with.

As an old friend of mine is want to say, "Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!"

The main reason I resort to the Greek or Hebrew is that is what many do on this forum to support their interpretation. Apparently its watchman's favorite tool.
In some cases I admit it is necessary to grasp the meaning intended. But to resort to it in every situation can be unwise IMO.
My first choice is to find its uses in other verses.
The men threw the years that have contributed to translating were and are not unfamiliar with the language.

As for sticking that in my pipe, I might if I understood your point or question.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
I was doing some poking around and stumbled across this today. I've been saying that Danial 9 / 24-27 are very important and it would seem that Isaac Newton felt the same way.
I found his writings posted on line.
http://www.newtonpro...lized/THEM00197

Sir Isaac Newton called the seventy weeks the foundation of the Christian religion.
"Observations upon the Prophecies of Daniel, and the Apocalypse of St. John | Part I, Chapter III: Of the vision of the Image composed of four Metals." By Sir Isaac Newton; London: 1733. "Daniel...to reject his Prophecies, is to reject the Christian religion. For this religion is founded upon his Prophecy concerning the Messiah." As quoted at The Newton Project: [1]

A clear picture not from Newton but still a clear outline of the prophecy its about the Messiah.
You can see inserting Anti - Christ into 9-27 just doesn't work.

Historicist William H. Shea notes that verses 25-27 form a chiasm:
Chiastic structure (also called chiastic pattern or ring structure) is a literary structure used in ancient literatures including epic poetry (Odyssey and lliiad); scripture (the Torah, the Bible), as well as in the texts of other pre-modern cultures texts. Concepts or ideas are placed in a special symmetric order or pattern in a chiastic structure to emphasize them.

A. Daniel 9:25a (ASV)
Jerusalem Construction:Know therefore and discern, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem

-------------------------B.
Daniel 9:25b
---------------------------Anointed one:unto the anointed one, the prince, shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks:

---------------------------------------------C.
Daniel 9:25c
----------------------------------------------Jerusalem Construction:it shall be built again, with street and moat, even in troublous times.

------------------------------------------------------------D.
Daniel 9:26a
-------------------------------------------------------------Anointed one:And after the threescore and two weeks shall the anointed one be cut off, and shall ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------have nothing:

---------------------------------------------C'.
Daniel 9:26b
----------------------------------------------Jerusalem Destroyed:and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the -----------------------------------------------------------------------------end thereof shall be with a flood, and even unto the end shall be war; desolations are determined.

-------------------------B'.
Daniel 9:27a
--------------------------Anointed one:And he shall make a firm covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and ---------------------------------------------the oblation to cease;

A'.
Daniel 9:27b
Jerusalem Destroyed:and upon the wing of abominations shall come one that maketh desolate; and even unto the full end, and that determined, shall wrath be -------------------------------poured out upon the desolate.

Jun 9, 2010

Very simple -- it is the same reason that we have so many denominations. With contradicting interpretations of scripture, there are only two possibilities. Either all of them are wrong or only one is correct.

First, it is not possible to fully understand the Word of God without dabbling into the manuscript languages. When one attempts to base doctrine on the English translation alone and one's preferred English meaning, one ends up with screwed-up doctrine like bud02.

As for Romans 9:28, I don't share your interpretation.