Deadly Gonnorrhea

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthscience/2013/May/Deadly-Gonorrhea-Superbug-Worse-than-AIDS/

Health experts are warning against a deadly strain of gonorrhea, which could have effects as serious as AIDS.

The bacterium, called HO41, is now considered a "superbug" because it's resistant to antibiotics.

One medical expert told CNBC that someone who contracts gonorrhea from this particular bug could go into septic shock and die within days.

"This might be a lot worse than AIDS in the short run because the bacteria is more aggressive and will affect more people quickly," Alan Christianson, a doctor of naturopathic medicine, told CNBC.

Doctors still have nothing to fight the bug. And though the number of infections is low for now, Christianson says it could become a disaster.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Ruth said:
http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthscience/2013/May/Deadly-Gonorrhea-Superbug-Worse-than-AIDS/

Health experts are warning against a deadly strain of gonorrhea, which could have effects as serious as AIDS.

The bacterium, called HO41, is now considered a "superbug" because it's resistant to antibiotics.

One medical expert told CNBC that someone who contracts gonorrhea from this particular bug could go into septic shock and die within days.

"This might be a lot worse than AIDS in the short run because the bacteria is more aggressive and will affect more people quickly," Alan Christianson, a doctor of naturopathic medicine, told CNBC.

Doctors still have nothing to fight the bug. And though the number of infections is low for now, Christianson says it could become a disaster.

Man thinks he can sin with impunity, now science has come to the rescue. But in reality as science is finding, that's not so. As with other diseases that are antibiotic resistant, mankind will come to the painful conclusion that's he's NOT God.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds horrible. Sure hope we, as Christian act with compassion rather than a smug 'I told you so' Amen

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
aspen2 said:
Sounds horrible. Sure hope we, as Christian act with compassion rather than a smug 'I told you so' Amen
Yeah, lets hope the bleeding hearts have enough sense to guide them according to the truth. Rather than smothering them with kindness.

Reactions: Comm.Arnold

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
aspen2 said:
For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

With so many Christians thinking it unChristian to follow the Bible by being forthright about immorality, it's no wonder this country is going so queer so fast.

"I told you so."

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
13 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal

IF WE SHARE WITH PEOPLE ABOUT THEIR SEXUAL SIN AND YET DO NOT PORTRAY LOVE, YOU WILL ONLY SOUND LIKE A CLANGING NOISY CYMBOL TO THE SINNER. BUT THEY MAY LISTEN TO YOU WITH THIS TYPE OF LOVE....

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.

It does not demand its own way.

It is not irritable,

and it keeps no record of being wronged.

6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.

7 Love never gives up,

never loses faith,

is always hopeful,

and endures through every circumstance. FROM PAUL'S FIRST LETTER TO THE CORINTHIAN CHURCH, CHP. 13

Reactions: aspen

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Ruth said:
13 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal

IF WE SHARE WITH PEOPLE ABOUT THEIR SEXUAL SIN AND YET DO NOT PORTRAY LOVE, YOU WILL ONLY SOUND LIKE A CLANGING NOISY CYMBOL TO THE SINNER. BUT THEY MAY LISTEN TO YOU WITH THIS TYPE OF LOVE....

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.

It does not demand its own way.

It is not irritable,

and it keeps no record of being wronged.

6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.

7 Love never gives up,

never loses faith,

is always hopeful,

and endures through every circumstance. FROM PAUL'S FIRST LETTER TO THE CORINTHIAN CHURCH, CHP. 13
Last week I almost chose that as my sig, but decided to paraphrase instead. :)
Ps, this is the most hostile Christian site I've ever been to. :lol: :wacko:

bytheway

Jan 1, 2008
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Yeah, lets hope the bleeding hearts have enough sense to guide them according to the truth. Rather than smothering them with kindness.
That will take those whom are sheep within and aggressive enough to slay sacred cows and destory false doctrine.Warm Fuzzie people can't hang.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bytheway said:
That will take those whom are sheep within and aggressive enough to slay sacred cows and destory false doctrine.Warm Fuzzie people can't hang.
When did Jesus call His followers to be 'aggressive'? I hope the meek who are inheriting the earth aren't mislead by your rebuke.

If you look back on Christian history, you will see plenty of aggressive ways of approaching the world and protecting truth - I believe these are the sacred cows that need slaying.

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Laid, regarding your daughter, verse 7 is for you.
Yes it is CRFTD. I concur :) . I will never stop loving her. Or praying to God regarding her. And I always forgive her no matter how rude she is to me.
But I guess the best thing about it is, I know that it is God that is giving me the ability to do so. I can do no good apart from Him. Gives me hope that it's because He has a very happy ending in store...... :wub:

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
aspen2 said:
When did Jesus call His followers to be 'aggressive'? I hope the meek who are inheriting the earth aren't mislead by your rebuke.

If you look back on Christian history, you will see plenty of aggressive ways of approaching the world and protecting truth - I believe these are the sacred cows that need slaying.
Amen

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
It's not a loving mom who lets her son eat all the cookies he wants. That's an abusive/negligent mother. It's not love to tell lost people that those who stand up for morality are being hateful. It's not love to protect lifestyles that spread diseases, including AIDS and "deadly gonorrhea". It's love to tell them to "sin no more" or to stop being immoral. It's love to remind them that if they live right, you won't get those diseases or suffer other complications from immoral lifestyles, not to mention eternal judgement.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
aspen2 said:

Jesus called his followers to 'MAN UP'. What part of that don't you understand?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
which jesus are you taking about, JB? where is this 'man up' verse?

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
aspen2 said:
which jesus are you taking about, JB? where is this 'man up' verse?
Jesus spent a lot of time teaching people to "man up." E.g. Luke 13:3, repent or perish. Repenting means manning up. Stop your sinning and crying like a baby that you can't stop it. Or worse, stop your sinning and hating the real Jesus who calls us to repentance. "Perish? Jesus, where's your compassion?" It's on the cross for those who turn from their sins.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Polt said:
Jesus spent a lot of time teaching people to "man up." E.g. Luke 13:3, repent or perish. Repenting means manning up. Stop your sinning and crying like a baby that you can't stop it. Or worse, stop your sinning and hating the real Jesus who calls us to repentance. "Perish? Jesus, where's your compassion?" It's on the cross for those who turn from their sins.
LOL.

Um, no.

Only the Holy Spirit can convict and help a person root out their sin. We do this by surrendering ourselves to God. I believe tears are practically required! Turning from our sins means admitting that we have patterns of selfish love in our lives that need to be turn 180 degrees outwards, becoming selfless through service towards neighbor and love and worship and obedience towards God.

I guess if you want to call surrendering, manly....whatever. Manly seems to me to be a worldly term.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
I think what JBRB may have been referring to about manning up is touched on in the scripture in Job where GOD tells the crushed Job to gird up his loins and act like a man by taking responsibility for his condition and quit justifying himself, even though he did nothing to deserve his tragedy. Also, in one of Peter's epistles he tells us to gird up the loins of our minds, which certainly was a reference to men girding up their loins (something we have no concept of) so as to engage in physical labor. Also, Jesus tells us in Luke to keep our loins girded.

Correct me JBRB if that's not along the line of what you meant.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
I think what JBRB may have been referring to about manning up is touched on in the scripture in Job where GOD tells the crushed Job to gird up his loins and act like a man by taking responsibility for his condition and quit justifying himself, even though he did nothing to deserve his tragedy. Also, in one of Peter's epistles he tells us to gird up the loins of our minds, which certainly was a reference to men girding up their loins (something we have no concept of) so as to engage in physical labor. Also, Jesus tells us in Luke to keep our loins girded.

Correct me JBRB if that's not along the line of what you meant.
That's certainly one of the verses that can be used. The other I had in mind was_ 1Co 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Consider what it means to take up one's cross and follow him. My point is aggressiveness in the male isn't a sin if it's directed to righteousness and righteous living, for the male needs it to lead and provide for his family etc. For a man of God to be in sin he would have to be violent - not aggressive in a good thing. Such as eschew the evil... .

As Polt said it takes more guts to be a faithful Christian than to be nominal or liberal in ones' approach not to mention downright cowardness to walk away from Jesus.

In terms of Christianity it takes character to follow Christ, for surely he's not popular even among his so-called followers.

NB: The problem with the your post is that you associated aggressiveness with violence and murder, and that's not a fair comparison. In-fact James the Apostle says, "you lust and have not" James 4:1-3