Deadly Gonnorrhea

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Townsville, QLD. Australia
Foreigner said:
-- Obviously you are ill-informed on this. And unfortunately you have shown that once your mind is made up, you feel it is no time to let facts get in the way.

When you witness to a non-believer, you let them know that Jesus expects them to not knowingly and willfully sin.
He expects them to do their very best but - being human - we will all still make mistakes so there will still be sin in our lives.
He says that if we come right away seeking forgiveness, He will grant it fully and we are again made new.

When He said, "Go and sin no more," as with the prostitute, He was letting her know that He expects her to realize she will be sinning if she returns to that practice.

There have only been one or two people to visit this site that have claimed that being a Christian means you never have to sin again. But they are always proven wrong.
Where am I ill-informed? Christian or nonChristian ...we all know the difference between right and wrong. No one should be dependent on a book - whether considered divine or not - to determine right and wrong for us. It's not a case of letting people know what Jesus expects of them as though this in and of itself prompts their conscience into action. Many nonChristians follow the 'love' message of Jesus even though not believing in Him. Quoting the Bible - especially those text that are intended to condemn others as oft used by too many Christians - would rarely be the catalyst for 'change' in people. Call it an infilling of the spirit if you like but it's a 'heart' thing and not an 'ear' thing that might turn around someone's life for the better. And, that doesn't happen by bashing them with Bible texts unless its the 'love' aspect of the Bible that is emphasized. I realize that there are some on this board that much prefer the message of condemnation. I really don't understand that.

By the way, Jesus would have known that the woman to which He told, "Go and sin no more" would INDEED continue to sin because 'sinning' is a part of the human condition. I think - and, obviously, I could be wrong - that Jesus' remark was rather tongue-in-cheek. He had just asked the woman where her accusers were. They had taken off, tails between their legs taking their own 'covert sins' with them. "Your accusers seem to have disappeared from the scene ..." Jesus appears to be saying with a touch of wry humor. With a wink Jesus adds, "Now you (brought to me by these hypocrites) ...go and sin no more." Who knows? I don't think any on this board were there to witness this event.