Dealing with bullies...WWJD?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
I see you have ignored my request,,,,,,,,,,,so what would Jesus do?

Jesus has the information about the guy, He knows his mind, I don't. Like I said the first time, I would need more information to know what Jesus might do not just the little snippet of information you gave.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Good questions.

Yesterday, he stood up at told a women in the group to go f-herself, after she asked him to speak for himself instead of judging other people. I reminded him that he was in the group because of violent outbursts in public and how he might better address his anxiety and he attacked a man who he considered to be a coward in the group. It is common for Vets to feel unsafe if people around them are not full of adrenaline, So, what would Jesus do?

I would not be to worried about what he said and how he went about it as we should all forgive and understand things from his point of view and then we can work from there.
The people who were offended should get over it.
And you know what Jesus would do. as he never gives up on people does he.
When people are full of adrenaline it's good because they are telling it as they really see it. don't be afraid.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ called the Pharisees and Sadducees a " generation of vipers,"

Once again,you prove yourself to be outside the love of Christ,,,,,please Join us Tom

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Once again,you prove yourself to be outside the love of Christ,,,,,please Join us Tom

aspen, Christ called them as He saw them. He called the Pharisees and Sadducees a "generation of vipers." He knew who they were. He had more to say to them:

Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
Mat 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Mat 23:16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
Mat 23:17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
Mat 23:18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.
Mat 23:19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?
Mat 23:20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.
Mat 23:21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.
Mat 23:22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.
Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Mat 23:24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
Mat 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
Mat 23:26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
Mat 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
Mat 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
Mat 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
Mat 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
Mat 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
Mat 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

He also knows your group member and I don't know what He would call that man. God knows his heart, I don't. I know enough to not comment on a case without knowing the details. It's not being negative, it's being professional.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First tip I can suggest. Take it up in prayer. Jesus always went to the Father with the things he did. Give love and support no matter how hard it is. Try not to get angry or show fear, but always give respect. Allow the Holy Spirit to do His work. Followers of Christ are led in every situation. Remember the words of the master when asked how many chances to give. By the way I think it is a valid point to raise the person is/was a vet. Jesus didn't have this tool but search the web with your specific case. Remember you are not "in charge" but God is. I know it is difficult to put a
smile.gif
on every situation, but sometimes a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. Finally spread the gospel or at least take from the bible words of encouragement. Let him know life is not a battle, the victory is won in Jesus Christ (approach this one with great caution though)

When recalling memories strong emotions may arise and kind soft words, or simply listening, can diffuse a situation quickly. Vets know a lot about brotherhood, but are taught also of pride. What is needed now is ability to relearn society. They feel, and rightly so, they have a deeper insight in life. Allow him to be a beacon of insight, kindly correcting with the master's teachings.

If you can invite to a private bible discussion over coffee, although tact must be asserted here, else you will just push him further away.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I didn't take the mention of the guy being a Vet as anything more than a deeper respect..... As in, this guy is a Vet, so I don't want to seem overly harsh because I respect him.

Anyway,,

For years I thought nothing of cussing at people or insulting them. I honestly believed it was normal behavior. My wife explained to me that it was not normal behavior and that most people have never seen outbursts of rage or anger. That started a whole world of change in my actions and my view on the world.

Now, if you're thinking that this guy doesn't respect others who he views as weak,,,, I was that way too. In fact I still am to an extent. I think a man should be a man, not a sissy. I think a man should be strong and unflenching not afraid of any challenge or hardship. I can't stand people that seem to be cry babies and cry like a stuck pig when they hit their thumb with a hammer.

I don't know this guy, and you honestly are providing way too little information.

WWJD? He would take control of the situation with meakness and wisdom. You as a councelor of all people should realize that you can't let someone control the group. Better yet, it would be good to get the others involved in the group in the process of evaluating this dudes actions and explain how it makes them feel.