Dear Church, Here’s Why People Are REALLY Leaving You

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oneoff said:
My only 'hope' is for the RC church to be yet another 'denomination' and for its claim to have begun with Peter as its first Pope to have been a retrospective fabrication several centuries after 'Christ'.
The online editor isn't working properly for me again, so I hope this post comes out the way I intend it to.
If the documentaries that I've been watching are true, it would seem that the gospel has been preached by others than the RCC throughout the history of that church, and that most groups which followed Christ through their understanding of scripture were persecuted as heretics. My apologies to those who see Martin Luther, arguably the Roman Catholic who started the reformation, as rediscovering a lost gospel. The gospel was never lost, but suppressed by those in power and as a means of retaining that power, yet it remained alive through the power of Christ which is far greater than the power of the RCC and though there were few that actually entered into the kingdom of heaven, the Holy seed of His word has persevered and will do so to the day of His return. Amen.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chilehead said:
Some of you may have read my thread about no church accepting me. This is still true. Christ is the head of the church, IMHO. Man has perverted it into a non-profit business-like institution with faculty and staff that financially profit from it's "members", and give a portion to charity-related deeds. It has become set of different religious social clubs, and people call it "Christian". How sad, and blatently hypocritical of the design that God intended. For me, the structure of the early church per the New Testament was meant for all time. Sure, modern day tech can be used, but one should never stray from the principles and instructions layed out in the bible. I feel like a man without a country: the bomb went off, and I was the lone survivor.
You're not alone. Elijah felt this way when he was on the run from Jezebel, a queen who wanted his blood. This actually came after his greatest victory against the prophets of Baal. Keep trusting in Christ and He will guide you by His Spirit to a place where the Bible is taught, where Christ is lifted up, and where there are hands to welcome and help rather than fingers pointing in accusation. Such places are few, indeed, but where the sovereignty of God is recognized and His grace is welcomed and praised by all who have experienced it, you will find rest for your soul.

Peccator

Oct 7, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
One of the biggest reasons people abandon the Church and Christianity, is their misunderstanding of what Christ and God means for us. People want God to be a big cosmic vending machine in which they insert prayers, so they can get things from it. The Prosperity cult has done immense damage to the message of the gospel <_<

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
Peccator said:
One of the biggest reasons people abandon the Church and Christianity, is their misunderstanding of what Christ and God means for us. People want God to be a big cosmic vending machine in which they insert prayers, so they can get things from it. The Prosperity cult has done immense damage to the message of the gospel <_<
Right on point. Another is, "How do you claim to have a relationship with God without knowing who exactly He is?"