Death by way of sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Adam, who was a sinless man, was told not to eat of the tree of knowledge or he would die that day. God is all knowing and he knew how to communicate to Adam in human terms. Adam did die the day he ate, but it had to be a spiritual death because he lived here on earth hundreds of years after he ate. Sin was now a part of Adam and was in his blood. The father passes his blood to the children, therefore all are born dead spiritually.

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Jesus, who was a sinless man, since God was his father, came to offer his blood as a sacrifice for us. He taught the people that they would have to be born again, this time spiritually, in order to enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Jesus would raise the physically dead and the spiritually dead.

Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

As a believer we shall never die, spiritually. That means we will not be resurrected on the last day that Martha had spoke of, but our spirit will go directly to heaven when our body dies.

The last day Martha had spoken of would be judgment day that would come, according to Jesus, in their generation.

Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Heaven and earth Jesus spoke of is the old covenant of which the temple was the focal point in which God and man meet.

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the age?

These questions were judgment day questions and the temple was destroyed in 70 AD, less than 40 years after his Crucifixion. This was the end of the age of law and the beginning of the age of grace. It was also the last day that Martha spoke of.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Rocky,

Sin was now a part of Adam and was in his blood. The father passes his blood to the children, therefore all are born dead spiritually.

It's a myth that 'the father passes his blood to the children'.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Rocky Wiley.

Adam, who was a sinless man, was told not to eat of the tree of knowledge or he would die that day. God is all knowing and he knew how to communicate to Adam in human terms. Adam did die the day he ate, but it had to be a spiritual death because he lived here on earth hundreds of years after he ate. Sin was now a part of Adam and was in his blood. The father passes his blood to the children, therefore all are born dead spiritually.

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Jesus, who was a sinless man, since God was his father, came to offer his blood as a sacrifice for us. He taught the people that they would have to be born again, this time spiritually, in order to enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Jesus would raise the physically dead and the spiritually dead.

Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Joh 11:26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

As a believer we shall never die, spiritually. That means we will not be resurrected on the last day that Martha had spoke of, but our spirit will go directly to heaven when our body dies.

The last day Martha had spoken of would be judgment day that would come, according to Jesus, in their generation.

Mat 24:33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near,evenat the doors.

Mat 24:34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Mat 24:35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Mat 24:36But of that day and hour knoweth noman,no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Heaven and earth Jesus spoke of is the old covenant of which the temple was the focal point in which God and man meet.

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the age?

These questions were judgment day questions and the temple was destroyed in 70 AD, less than 40 years after his Crucifixion. This was the end of the age of law and the beginning of the age of grace. It was also the last day that Martha spoke of.

In addition to what Dragonfly said, it is a GREATER myth that sin was passed on to the children from either the father or the mother. The RESULTS of sin, namely death, i.e. the beginning of decay until the body can no longer support itself and organs begin to break down until finally the body ceases to sustain the individual, is what is passed on to the next generation. We all sin because we were all a part of Adam, and we all sinned with him because our genetic material was in him. It is only natural that we who are now imperfect could never attain to what a perfect man could not. It's just not possible! (And, it's audacious to think that one could!)

Another myth is that either the Crucifixion or the destruction of the Temple marked "the end of the age of law and the beginning of the age of grace." There are no such "ages." This is residual from the concept of dispensationalism. Human beings were justified by God ("saved") in ALL time periods by God's grace applied to all, through faith, and through the blood of the Messiah, whether before the Messiah pictured in the yearly sacrifices of animals (which could never take away sins) or in memory of the Messiah's Crucifixion. At NO time was anyone EVER justified by the deeds of the Law! That's a fiction based on a misinterpretation of Paul's words in Romans et al.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Retrobyter,

Human beings were justified by God ("saved") in ALL time periods by God's grace applied to all, through faith, and through the blood of the Messiah, whether before the Messiah pictured in the yearly sacrifices of animals (which could never take away sins) or in memory of the Messiah's Crucifixion.

I hate to be boring, but there are a couple of universalists posting on CyB at the moment. Your phrase 'through faith' is critical, isn't it?

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom, dragonfly.

Hi Retrobyter,

I hate to be boring, but there are a couple of universalists posting on CyB at the moment. Your phrase 'through faith' is critical, isn't it?

Yes, that's a good point. It is important to note that the Greek word "pistis," often translated as "faith," is actually more like "trust." It's not enough just to believe in God or even to believe God. One must put his TRUST in God for both His unequaled power and His propensity to love those who come to Him. Yeshua` told the parable of the Pharisee and the publican in the Temple:

Luke 18:9-14
9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
KJV

These are two very different sorts of people: those who believe that they can make it on their own and attempt to do so by their good works, and those who understand that there's NOTHING one can do to justify himself before God and come humbly to Him for His intervention. This is the TRUE distinction between the just and the unjust, or rather, the justified by God and the unjustified. There's nothing worse, we're told, than to say to God after His great sacrifice in sending His own Son to die, "No thanks, God; I'll do this on my own"! It's a slap in His face!

All kinds of people can be forgiven if they can humble themselves and come to God for His intervention, but the one who BELITTLES ("blasphemes") the Holy God doesn't stand a chance! To whom can one go if he has cut himself off from God?! No sin is too great for God to forgive and apply the Sacrifice of His Son to an individual, declaring Him righteous in spite of his sin, but if one sins against the Ruach haQodesh Elohiym (the Holy Spirit of God), he has effectively cut himself off from the very SOURCE of forgiveness!

Reactions: dragonfly

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
These are two very different sorts of people: those who believe that they can make it on their own and attempt to do so by their good works, and those who understand that there's NOTHING one can do to justify himself before God and come humbly to Him for His intervention. This is the TRUE distinction between the just and the unjust, or rather, the justified by God and the unjustified. There's nothing worse, we're told, than to say to God after His great sacrifice in sending His own Son to die, "No thanks, God; I'll do this on my own"! It's a slap in His face!

All kinds of people can be forgiven if they can humble themselves and come to God for His intervention, but the one who BELITTLES ("blasphemes") the Holy God doesn't stand a chance! To whom can one go if he has cut himself off from God?! No sin is too great for God to forgive and apply the Sacrifice of His Son to an individual, declaring Him righteous in spite of his sin, but if one sins against the Ruach haQodesh Elohiym (the Holy Spirit of God), he has effectively cut himself off from the very SOURCE of forgiveness!

Thank you for this excellent explanation. :)