Define the "heart of man"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dougishere

Jan 12, 2012
Illinois
What do you think the definition of the heart of man is? Aside from the fact that it is utterly sinful, exactly what is it?

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
There are two kind of men. There is your men of world and men of Christ our Lord. The men of the world is hard to tell you because all different things like sex, drugs, and money. They have all different way of getting it. The men of Chirst our Lord is should be trying to live up to God standers and living like Christ when he did on the Earth.

Reactions: Redeemed86

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The heart is the CPU of our thoughts, affections and will.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Land of the Long White Cloud
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi doug!
What do you think the definition of the heart of man is? Aside from the fact that it is utterly sinful, exactly what is it?
I think it is a part of his soul - the very center of his mind, will and emotions that have not been renewed.

Shalom!!!

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
I think it is a part of his soul - the very center of his mind, will and emotions that have not been renewed.

So, it seems that you believe the following happens at the time a person is born-again:
1) the spirit (man) receives the Holy Spirit
2) the soul is renewed
3) the heart ceases to be a part (at the center) of the soul

Am I understanding you correctly?

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
the heart is what decides what the mouth will speak.you have a choice to speak good or speak bad and it's in that choice that the heart decides. <_<