Demons and John 3:18?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir, the Bible does not contradict itself, Jesus once asked the question to his apostles, Who are men saying I am? Do you know what the answer is sir?
Keep on trying brother. Mostly people have made up their minds already no matter how it reads.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did Thomas Answer him?
If Thomas answered that sir, it was not recorded in the Bible. Likely he was there when Jesus asked that question, and they made comments, but the Bible really only records Peter's answer by name. Jesus told him that God had revealed the answer to him.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not disagree with that, but it does read, and one needs to be in harmony with the way it reads.
Everyone needs to read the Book of Jeremiah. God sent the man to the children of Israel with His message. He told Jeremiah beforehand that the people were not going to heed his words, but it was necessary for him to speak them anyway. He did and what God told him was true. Why would they not hear and heed Jeremiah... yet when Jonah was sent to Nineveh they repented and averted disaster? Could it be said that Jonah was more faithful and obedient to God always than Jeremiah? LOL... but not really a laughing matter, is it?

Give God the glory!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Thomas answered that sir, it was not recorded in the Bible. Likely he was there when Jesus asked that question, and they made comments, but the Bible really only records Peter's answer by name. Jesus told him that God had revealed the answer to him.
Actually Thomas did answer.

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Now if Thomas, who doubted Called jesus his Lord and God. Why would we call him anything different?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone needs to read the Book of Jeremiah. God sent the man to the children of Israel with His message. He told Jeremiah beforehand that the people were not going to heed his words, but it was necessary for him to speak them anyway. He did and what God told him was true. Why would they not hear and heed Jeremiah... yet when Jonah was sent to Nineveh they repented and averted disaster? Could it be said that Jonah was more faithful and obedient to God always than Jeremiah? LOL... but not really a laughing matter, is it?

Give God the glory!
Both men worshiped Jehovah Amadeus, both were sinners. Is any of us more perfect than our brothers and sisters? Who knows? But at any rate both Jonah and Jeremiah belonged to God.

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually Thomas did answer.

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Now if Thomas, who doubted Called jesus his Lord and God. Why would we call him anything different?

He didn't call him God, as the exclamation point indicates. Have you never claimed my god to something through excitement? Was that your god? NO!. The fact is Thomas actually realized that Jesus had came back to life. Thomas knew very well that Jehovah, the God of Jesus, was God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both men worshiped Jehovah Amadeus, both were sinners. Is any of us more perfect than our brothers and sisters? Who knows? But at any rate both Jonah and Jeremiah belonged to God.
Amen!

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." II Cor 10:12

Reactions: Robert Gwin

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He didn't call him God, as the exclamation point indicates. Have you never claimed my god to something through excitement? Was that your god? NO!. The fact is Thomas actually realized that Jesus had came back to life. Thomas knew very well that Jehovah, the God of Jesus, was God.
Yep he did

they knew Jehovah was preincarnate Jesus

because they knew Jehovah would be sent by the father and the spirit is 48

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was the only begotten (one of a kind or unique) Son.

Every first born is the only child until others come along.

The Bible says we are all children of God. This means while Jesus WAS the only son of God, he is not anymore. Jesus remains the only man God resurrected into a glorified body.