Demons and John 3:18?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 8:29

29And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

John 3:16 (KJV)
  • 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 8:29

29And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

John 3:16 (KJV)
  • 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Hi Marc, why does the Bible call Jesus God's only begotten son. He has many sons correct?

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Someone made an interesting point on another site:

Demons are the disembodied beings of the nephilim.

God's free gift of Eternal Life was not offered to them being that they (demons/nephilim) are an offspring of fallen angels.

Both in Genesis and Jude

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone made an interesting point on another site:

Demons are the disembodied beings of the nephilim.

God's free gift of Eternal Life was not offered to them being that they (demons/nephilim) are an offspring of fallen angels.

Both in Genesis and Jude
Seeing as Goliath was thought to be nephilim, then he is a demon now?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am in the walk of life where demons do not mean very much anymore. They were defeated and where cast away into the lake of fire with Satan and His Angels. @Mark RL Ministry.

I understand however many people are fascinated with things of evil and darkness but these demons, the legion of Satan, and Satan himself have been done away with.

It is very contrary to believe that Revelation 20:7-10 has happened to many many people in this life but what God has said was true and the defeat of Satan and His demons was made so in my life, though many people are afraid of them... for some reason or another.

In my life I use to go ghost hunting and try to find demons and things like that lead by the imagination of my own mind and realized that since the bible declares what it does it must be true.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am in the walk of life where demons do not mean very much anymore. They were defeated and where cast away into the lake of fire with Satan and His Angels. @Mark RL Ministry.

I understand however many people are fascinated with things of evil and darkness but these demons, the legion of Satan, and Satan himself have been done away with.

It is very contrary to believe that Revelation 20:7-10 has happened to many many people in this life but what God has said was true and the defeat of Satan and His demons was made so in my life, though many people are afraid of them... for some reason or another.

In my life I use to go ghost hunting and try to find demons and things like that lead by the imagination of my own mind and realized that since the bible declares what it does it must be true.

Satan is still alive and well for those who have not escaped his darkness through belief in Jesus.

1 John 5:18

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can say that but: Satan is dead to me @CharismaticLady.

Darkness exist for sure: We have been in darkness since our birth until the light of Christ Jesus comes and is made known.

I believe in being held responsible 100% for my choices of whatever I may do or say and held accountable only to God; and so will everyone else.

To you, yes. But he hasn't from the world yet.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A Christian has the same authority that Jesus did while on earth to cast out demons and devils from people. We couldn't do that if they no longer existed.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you say so. I just don’t believe any of those things anymore. I believe people wrestle with spiritual darkness. And wrestle against the world and what it places as far as demand that it gives (the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, the pride of life); with the rulers of the world who are in high standing or heavenly places.

I really do believe the devil is rendered powerless but people will continue to believe he is alive when he is been done away with; in which people should be encouraged by the light though people loved the darkness more than the light remember ? John 3:16-20.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Demons and John 3:18?
Marc, demons have nothing to do with this verse, in this context, and it should be clear simply from reading it. Demons can influence people, but they cannot compel people to believe or disbelieve something.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I really do believe the devil is rendered powerless
On one hand you say that people wrestle with spiritual darkness, On the other hand you say that the devil is powerless. Since it cannot be both, you have to decide based upon Scripture. The devil has not been rendered powerless, but his hold on people can be broken through the preaching of the Gospel and the power of the Holy Spirit.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since then the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself (Christ Jesus) likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Hebrews 2:14

I believe so. If Jesus Christ through death renders powerless of him who had the power of death: Why can not we say as Christians the devil powerless?

There is a difference to me about serving darkness and serving light. Darkness is the absence of God in a persons life where light is having God in the life of a person by what? Being born again.

And in accordance with adding in Revelation 20:7-10 : It even adds more the doing away with of Satan/Devil.

Do you have any thoughts on this @Enoch111?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since then the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself (Christ Jesus) likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Proverbs 18:21 KJV
[21] Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
its all part of the sales pitch.
James 3:6 KJV
[6] And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.