Devil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 29, 2020
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that I'm trying to have a relationship with God and Jesus, I feel the devil is angry and trying to push me back by making me say I hate G and J and making me have bad thoughts. How can I stop this? I pray to God and Jesus for this to stop but it doesn't. What else can I do?

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38&39). One of my favorite verses

The devil has no power over you unless you listen, so don't do what Eve did. Instead, "Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.” (Matthew 16:23)

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Now that I'm trying to have a relationship with God and Jesus, I feel the devil is angry and trying to push me back by making me say I hate G and J and making me have bad thoughts. How can I stop this? I pray to God and Jesus for this to stop but it doesn't. What else can I do?
Hi Lavender Purple,

You are always able to stand firm against the Devil when you have your armour on. FAQ. "When should we wear our Spiritual Armour?"
ANS. "Whenever it is required".

SPIRITUAL ARMOUR

Helmet of Salvation = Thoughts Free of Condemnation.

Breastplate of Righteousness = Heart Full of Godliness.

Girdle of Truth = Covering Secured by Living Proof.

Footwear of the Preparation of the Gospel of Peace = Stability in Readiness to Preach.

Shield of Faith = Protection Impenetrable because of Belief.

Sword of the Spirit = Attack Effectual with the Word that is Perfect.

Praying in the Spirit = Requests Holy not that of the Hypocrite.

Ephesians 6:10-20.

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can make your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore take up the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you will be able to stand your ground, and having done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness arrayed, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness of the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 Pray in the Spirit at all times, with every kind of prayer and petition. To this end, stay alert with all perseverance in your prayers for all the saints. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will boldly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it fearlessly, as I should.

Reactions: Lavender Purple