Diagnosing Mother Teresa

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi atpollard,
...because the argument that because MT set up a charity in Calcutta for the dying & poor means she was therefore a believer? means that she it was an example of "good works" no, it doesn't. So, do you know anything about Mt's life & work aside from the media and rc hype that surrounded this media created celebrity?
If you examine MT you will not come to the same conclusion. There are a lot of atheists that volunteer are they Christian also because by someone's opinion they are also producing good works?
Thank you for the clarification. I agree that good works do not a Christian make [Matthew 7:21-23].

On a very personal note, my Grandfather dedicated his life to helping people, from tales of his special "sales" as a grocer during the Great Depression through 30 years in the volunteer ambulance corps saving lives. I never met a gentler or more soft spoken man. Yet to the best of my knowledge, he attended Church exactly twice every year (Easter and Christmas) and passed any faith he had on to none of his children (my father is an atheist who raised me an atheist that attended Church twice a year as a social obligation). The eternity of my grandfather is known only to God, but I fear for his soul.

I know many Catholics that are saved. I know many more that have placed all of their faith in rituals and purgatory. I did not read the book or see any movie based on it, nor is Mother Teresa's salvation any of my business (that is a matter between her and God). However, I saw an interview with her once and at that time, I doubted that she was a Christian by the biblical standards. So I must reluctantly, and sadly, view her life as a tragic waste to serve man and do good rather than as evidence of the fruit of the Spirit that points men to Christ.

I hope that I am wrong, but my opinions are my opinions. :(

Reactions: Helen and tzcho2

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the clarification. I agree that good works do not a Christian make [Matthew 7:21-23].

On a very personal note, my Grandfather dedicated his life to helping people, from tales of his special "sales" as a grocer during the Great Depression through 30 years in the volunteer ambulance corps saving lives. I never met a gentler or more soft spoken man. Yet to the best of my knowledge, he attended Church exactly twice every year (Easter and Christmas) and passed any faith he had on to none of his children (my father is an atheist who raised me an atheist that attended Church twice a year as a social obligation). The eternity of my grandfather is known only to God, but I fear for his soul.

I know many Catholics that are saved. I know many more that have placed all of their faith in rituals and purgatory. I did not read the book or see any movie based on it, nor is Mother Teresa's salvation any of my business (that is a matter between her and God). However, I saw an interview with her once and at that time, I doubted that she was a Christian by the biblical standards. So I must reluctantly, and sadly, view her life as a tragic waste to serve man and do good rather than as evidence of the fruit of the Spirit that points men to Christ.

I hope that I am wrong, but my opinions are my opinions. :(
I agree with you're views on it atpollard, MT's life is a cautionary tale. It is politically correct to accept the mythology propagated by the RCC and the media and politically incorrect to question the making of this religious icon. I'm not pc. lol. The reason I comment on this thread is , I do not like to see so many Christians in this thread or in general just blindly holding her up as an example of a christian saint. That to me is to continue in the deception. Too many think if they do good works that will get them to heaven.

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really lame , Nancy.
The above seems to be the type of " go to " response when you have no actual concrete facts to base your opinions on---but feelings....nothing more then feelings.....lalalalalalala....
J
Really lame , Nancy.
The above seems to be the type of " go to " response when you have no actual concrete facts to base your opinions on---but feelings....nothing more then feelings.....lalalalalalala....
Showing once again how Scripturally ignorant you really are.

Jesus Himself said from the cross in his darkest moment of suffering:

Matt. 27:46
“My God, my God – why have you forsaken me?”

Mother Teresa lamented the suffering she witness and felt it on a very REAL level. YOU wouldn’t have any idea what that’s like - so why would you judge the heart of a person who obviously had stronger sense of faith and charity that you will EVER have?

It disgusts me that I have to constantly come on this forum and defend the honor and faith of giants of the faith like Mother Teresa or Mary, Mother of Jesus against idiotic attacks like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you're views on it atpollard, MT's life is a cautionary tale. It is politically correct to accept the mythology propagated by the RCC and the media and politically incorrect to question the making of this religious icon. I'm not pc. lol. The reason I comment on this thread is , I do not like to see so many Christians in this thread or in general just blindly holding her up as an example of a christian saint. That to me is to continue in the deception. Too many think if they do good works that will get them to heaven.
That's because YOU don't have the foggiest idea what true faith is . . .

illini1959

May 21, 2019
Central IL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found the article where you got the quote above from. In case anyone cares to read it :)
Statement of Fr. Brian Kolodiejchuk, MC, Postulator of the Cause of Canonization of Blessed Mother Teresa

"Since Mother Teresa’s aims in serving the poorest of the poor in India and elsewhere have been questioned recently, I would like to make the following clarifications.

Mother Teresa offered tender, loving care to those most in need, the poorest of the poor, all over the world independently of their race, color, nationality, cast or creed. In each human being, she saw a child of God, created for greater things: to love and to be loved. Respecting this innate value and dignity of each person, she endeavored to bring this love where it was lacking, offering her humble service to whoever was in need, without considering their religious affiliation.

Mother Teresa believed that conversion is a work of God and that faith is a gift. She respected every person, including atheists or agnostics, and respected the faith they had or even lacked. Here is a short testimony of someone who was closely associated with Mother Teresa for 23 years: “I am a Hindu and I never saw the slightest evidence in all my 23 years of knowing Mother Teresa in the Missionaries of Charity, of converting. …

When I asked her (not Mother Theresa being asked this question <--- mine) whether she converted, she answered, ‘Yes, I convert. I convert you to be a better Hindu, or a better Muslim, or a better Protestant, or a better Catholic, or a better Parsee, or a better Sikh, or a better Buddhist. And after you have found God, it is for you to do what God wants you to do.’ ” She wanted people to come closer to God (however they understood Him) and believed that in this way they would also come closer to each other, love one another, and ultimately create a world that is better for everyone to live in.

The Constitutions of the Missionaries of Charity state: “We shall not impose our Catholic Faith on anyone, but have profound respect for all religions, for it is never lawful for anyone to force others to embrace the Catholic Faith against their conscience.” This reflects the intention of Mother Teresa herself, and the Missionaries of Charity follow in her footsteps."

If catholics believed their faith was salvific, this statement would fly in the face of the great commission where we are to GO into this world and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

While faith can't be 'forced' on anyone, that attitude that sharing (true) faith is an imposition is sad.

There are also a ton of so called quotes attributed to her that she never said, from the same site as the article. Quotes falsely attributed to M. T.
Just some food for thought and we shouldn't say she was not saved, or agnostic either, Imho.

Life in the Spirit: Reflections, Meditations and Prayers, she says:

“We never try to convert those who receive [aid from Missionaries of Charity] to Christianity but in our work we bear witness to the love of God’s presence and if Catholics, Protestants, Buddhists, or agnostics become for this better men — simply better — we will be satisfied. It matters to the individual what church he belongs to. If that individual thinks and believes that this is the only way to God for her or him, this is the way God comes into their life — his life. If he does not know any other way and if he has no doubt so that he does not need to search then this is his way to salvation.” (Pages 81-82)

Coming "closer to God (however they understood him)" is condoning many - or any - path to God which is in direct opposition to scripture.

" This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. 12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:11-12

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

Reactions: Helen and atpollard

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I suppose from all I've read on this thread...most just want to damn M.T. to hell. Well, I will just let you all be her judge. She went with what she learned and I have no doubt her heart was huge for these people. She saw Jesus in all of them ("...if you do it unto the least...") she was there to tend to the sick and dying, and that is how she served. And, no I do not believe she thought she was "working" her way to heaven but, I am bowing out of here now so, God Bless you all.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
What is a myth?

myth
/mɪθ/

noun
  1. 1.
    a traditional story, especially one concerning the early history of a people or explaining a natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events.
    "ancient Celtic myths"
    sinonimi: folk tale, story, folk story, legend, tale, fable, saga, allegory, parable, tradition, lore, folklore; Altro
  2. 2.
    a widely held but false belief or idea.

Could you please explain to us what was a myth about
Mother Teresa's life.

Also, you owe me a reply to post no. 39.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a myth?

myth
/mɪθ/

noun
  1. 1.
    a traditional story, especially one concerning the early history of a people or explaining a natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events.
    "ancient Celtic myths"
    sinonimi: folk tale, story, folk story, legend, tale, fable, saga, allegory, parable, tradition, lore, folklore; Altro
  2. 2.
    a widely held but false belief or idea.

Could you please explain to us what was a myth about
Mother Teresa's life.

Also, you owe me a reply to post no. 39.
To some extent, most religious figures take on a mythical status. There is a natural human tendency to place them on a pedestal and assume that they do not suffer from any of the problems that we lesser mortals do. That is why people are so ruthless towards the Jim Bakers of the world. One expects that the CEO of a large Construction Company might have an affair with his secretary and one would never burn all of his buildings down. Athletes and Hollywood Stars get caught in sins and it barely makes the news with as many fans rushing to defend them as criticize. However, let a Priest or a Pastor or a Missionary fall into any of the sins that 'lesser men' fall into, and the religious community is in utter shock with many ready to stone them.

It is because they are believed to be immune to our temptations, so their failure is magnified by our disillusionment when the shining ideal is replaced by an ugly reality. No human being could live up to MT press image, including the real MT. When she get's canonized, the pedestal gets raised and the image becomes even less like the reality.

There has only ever been one perfect person. To pretend otherwise is to set yourself up for disappointment.

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
To some extent, most religious figures take on a mythical status. There is a natural human tendency to place them on a pedestal and assume that they do not suffer from any of the problems that we lesser mortals do. That is why people are so ruthless towards the Jim Bakers of the world. One expects that the CEO of a large Construction Company might have an affair with his secretary and one would never burn all of his buildings down. Athletes and Hollywood Stars get caught in sins and it barely makes the news with as many fans rushing to defend them as criticize. However, let a Priest or a Pastor or a Missionary fall into any of the sins that 'lesser men' fall into, and the religious community is in utter shock with many ready to stone them.

It is because they are believed to be immune to our temptations, so their failure is magnified bu our disillusionment when the shining ideal is replaced by an ugly reality. No human being could live up to MT press image, including the real MT. When she get's canonized, the pedestal gets raised and the image becomes even less like the reality.

There has only ever been one perfect person. To pretend otherwise is to set yourself up for disappointment.
Agreed on all.
I also expect more from priests and pastors, even though in my mind I know they suffer from the same weaknesses as all of us.

But a myth to me means saying or believing something that is not real.
MT really did do what is said that she did.
What your saying is that she also became a legend....
There are many that do what she did and did NOT become a legend...
so I agree with you there too.

To tell you the truth,,,,I don't think about her much.
I've been thinking about the Shroud of Turin lately.
I'm beginning to believe it's the real thing...
Where's that pedestal?

Reactions: Nancy and atpollard

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Cor 13:5 . . Examine yourselves to see whether you are living in faith. Test
yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you? --unless, of
course, you fail the test.

The reason I brought that up is because Teresa complained that the place of
God in her soul was blank; there was no God in her and she felt that He did
not want her. On top of that, she referred to Christ as "the absent one".

There is a solid biblical explanation for Teresa's disconnect.

John 14:21-23 . .Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the
one who loves me. And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I
will love him and reveal myself to him.

. . . Judas, not the Iscariot, said to him, “Master, [then] what happened
that you will reveal yourself to us and not to the world?”

. . . Jesus answered and said to him, “Whoever loves me will keep my word,
and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling
with him.

Difficult to comprehend isn't it? -- that the most pious nun the twentieth
century produced actually failed to keep Jesus' word and comply with his
commandments.

"I am told God loves me; and yet the reality of darkness & coldness &
emptiness is so great that nothing touches my soul."
(Teresa)

Duh.

Another thing: Teresa's complaint "I feel God does not want me" was due to
the lack of a special communication.

Rom 8:16 . .The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are
children of God.

The Greek word for "bears witness" means to corroborate; which Webster's
defines as: to support with evidence. Well; not once did the Spirit prove to
Teresa, beyond a shadow of sensible doubt, that God wanted her; that she
was a beloved member of heaven's family.

NOTE: Rom 8:16 is at least one of the reasons why so many Christians are
unsure of their afterlife destiny. The Spirit has yet to confirm it for them one
way or the other.
_

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If catholics believed their faith was salvific, this statement would fly in the face of the great commission where we are to GO into this world and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

While faith can't be 'forced' on anyone, that attitude that sharing (true) faith is an imposition is sad.

Life in the Spirit: Reflections, Meditations and Prayers, she says:

“We never try to convert those who receive [aid from Missionaries of Charity] to Christianity but in our work we bear witness to the love of God’s presence and if Catholics, Protestants, Buddhists, or agnostics become for this better men — simply better — we will be satisfied. It matters to the individual what church he belongs to. If that individual thinks and believes that this is the only way to God for her or him, this is the way God comes into their life — his life. If he does not know any other way and if he has no doubt so that he does not need to search then this is his way to salvation.” (Pages 81-82)

Coming "closer to God (however they understood him)" is condoning many - or any - path to God which is in direct opposition to scripture.

" This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. 12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:11-12

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6
And cherry-picking quotes frolm Mother Teresa is just as wrong and judgmental as any of the hate-filled drivel spewn out on this thread by the likes of @tzcho2 and @Webers_Home.

When you read more about her life and work - and philosophy - she was simply stating that she was not a preacher. She shared the Gospel as Christ commanded - through her shining example of Christian LOVE.

In the Great Commission, Christ told His disciples to TEACH all nations. He didn't tell them HOW to teach it. He DID, however, on several occasions command them to LOVE one another, to LOVE their neighbor, to LOVE their enemies and to show MERCY for the poor. He told them to teach all nations "everything I have commanded you" (Matt. 28:20).

That's what Mother Teresa did by her example . . .

Reactions: GodsGrace and Nancy

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never went by any quotes of MT...so wrongo, once again.

illini1959

May 21, 2019
Central IL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And cherry-picking quotes frolm Mother Teresa is just as wrong and judgmental as any of the hate-filled drivel spewn out on this thread by the likes of @tzcho2 and @Webers_Home.

When you read more about her life and work - and philosophy - she was simply stating that she was not a preacher. She shared the Gospel as Christ commanded - through her shining example of Christian LOVE.

In the Great Commission, Christ told His disciples to TEACH all nations. He didn't tell them HOW to teach it. He DID, however, on several occasions command them to LOVE one another, to LOVE their neighbor, to LOVE their enemies and to show MERCY for the poor. He told them to teach all nations "everything I have commanded you" (Matt. 28:20).

That's what Mother Teresa did by her example . . .

Everything isn't about hate. My post didn't in any way reflect hate. Just pointing out the fact that she didn't share Christ as the only way to God. It's not cherry picking, I could've posted other things she said, but this made my point. Even if this is the only thing she said in this vein, it's enough. Anyone who says what she did is in direct opposition to scripture.

One doesn't have to be a 'preacher' to share the Gospel. The Gospel is salvation through Jesus and only Jesus. The great commission is to go and make disciples - followers of Christ; teaching them all He has commanded. He didn't command us to not 'impose' our faith or in any way indicate other religions or paths to God are ok or to be respected.

That's why the path is narrow and few find it.

"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed." Gal 1:6-9

"Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them." Eph 5:11

"Having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people." 2 Tim 3:5

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I feel that God does not want me, that God is not God; and that He does
not really exist."
(Teresa)

"If there be God . . . please forgive me" (Teresa)

Confidence in the existence of God is essential to one's association with Jesus'
Father.

Heb 11:6 . .Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who
comes to Him must believe that he exists.

Webster's defines "impossible" as: incapable of being, or of occurring.

Webster's defines "must" as an indispensable item; viz: essential.

Ironically, a demon's level of faith is actually superior to Teresa's. At least
they're sure God exists.

Jas 2:19-20 . . You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the
demons believe-- and tremble!

I simply cannot approve a missionary whose iffy belief in the existence of
God doesn't even measure up to the quality of a demon's belief.
_

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone should have been on intimate terms with God and with His son
Jesus Christ in the last century, surely it had to be Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu
(a.k.a. Mother Teresa) but curiously, that wasn't the case. It turns out
Teresa was a remarkable actor. Her public image bore no resemblance
whatsoever to the secret life of her inner being. Below are some complaints
she expressed in private letters to spiritual counselors recorded in:

Mother Teresa / Come Be My Light
The Private Writings of the "Saint of Calcutta"

Edited with commentary by Father Brian Kolodiejchuk, M.C.
ISBN 978-0-385-52037-9

"I am told God loves me; and yet the reality of darkness & coldness &
emptiness is so great that nothing touches my soul."

"The place of God in my soul is blank-- There is no God in me"

"I feel He does not want me, He is not there, God does not want me"

"When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven, there is such convicting
emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives and hurt my
very soul. How painful is this unknown pain-- I have no faith."

Teresa also complained of feeling abandoned by Christ-- referring to him as
"the absent one"

Teresa was never really convinced there's a God out there.

"The damned of Hell suffer eternal punishment because they experiment
with the loss of God. In my own soul, I feel the terrible pain of this loss. I
feel that God does not want me, that God is not God; and that He does not
really exist."

At one point Teresa actually prayed thus:

"If there be God; please forgive me."

A prayer that begins with "If there be God" is the prayer of an agnostic;
which Webster's defines as one who is not committed to believing in either
the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god. According to Jas 1:5-8,
agnostic prayers are pings.

To her credit, Teresa wanted a God to be out there, but her utter failure to
feel even the slightest glimmer of the Lord's presence prevented her from
being sure about it.
_

I too have heard questionable things about her and those words aren't those of a Christian - "if" there be God? However, I do know that early on I had a hard time coming to the faith. Satan tormented me with thoughts that if I came to God He was going to send me to be a missionary in some far-off land. It may sound silly now but the fear I had was legitimate - and it kept me from coming to God - although I got through it somehow. Mother Teresa did seem to do a lot of good works, although I'm not well-acquainted with them. I know it is possible that Satan tormented her with doubt - I had a lot of that too. We do know that the Vatican is wholly given over to evil - so I don't know if she was part of the scam or not.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should probably clarify right at the get-go that this thread's purpose isn't to
ruin Mother Teresa's reputation. It's simply an attempt to figure out what
went so south in her spiritual life that she came to the end wondering if a
God really existed. And if one did exist, why she was so afraid He might
actually be inclined to condemn her.

Also there was scarcely a day went by during her five decades in India when
Teresa wasn't sure God wanted her there in the first place. Plus during
practically that whole time she was in that country, Teresa felt not even the
slightest glimmer of the Lord's presence, and referred to Jesus as "the
absent one".

Teresa became so stressed over these problems that at the urging of Henry
D'Souza, the Archbishop of Calcutta (a.k.a. Kolkata), she agreed to an
exorcism in the final weeks of her life if perhaps demons were somehow
clouding her mind. The ritual was performed by Father Rosario Stroscio.

John Q and Jane Doe pew warmer probably won't benefit much from this
thread. However, for Christians seriously considering becoming missionaries,
the Bible study that I'm in process of conducting will prove invaluable.

All others can at least take comfort in knowing they're not a captive
audience, nor wasted good money for a ticket to sit thru a dull movie.
_

I don't know a lot about her but I imagine that she must have seen a lot of suffering. I have a very difficult time with that too as it doesn't seem that a God of good would allow it. So I have been through times of very deep questioning. Very deep. However, at the core I could never turn away from what I know to be true: that God is there.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything isn't about hate. My post didn't in any way reflect hate. Just pointing out the fact that she didn't share Christ as the only way to God. It's not cherry picking, I could've posted other things she said, but this made my point. Even if this is the only thing she said in this vein, it's enough. Anyone who says what she did is in direct opposition to scripture.

One doesn't have to be a 'preacher' to share the Gospel. The Gospel is salvation through Jesus and only Jesus. The great commission is to go and make disciples - followers of Christ; teaching them all He has commanded. He didn't command us to not 'impose' our faith or in any way indicate other religions or paths to God are ok or to be respected.

That's why the path is narrow and few find it.

"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed." Gal 1:6-9

"Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them." Eph 5:11

"Having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people." 2 Tim 3:5
And this is precisely why I said you conveniently cherry-picked what she said instead of taking her comments in context.

She merely stated that she didn’t shove the Gospel down people’s throats and wasn’t an orator – but instead chose to SHOW them Christ through her actions. That’s what we’re SUPPOSED to do. If you have the gift for speaking or writing – more power to you – but many don’t.

St. Francis of Assisi is credited with saying, “Preach the Gospel daily. When necessary, use words.”

THIS was the way Mother Teresa spread the Gospel and NO, it isn’t in “direct opposition”to Scripture. NOWHERE does Jesus ever state that we are ONLY to preach the Gospel.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I feel that God does not want me, that God is not God; and that He does
not really exist."
(Teresa)

"If there be God . . . please forgive me" (Teresa)

Confidence in the existence of God is essential to one's association with Jesus'
Father.

Heb 11:6 . .Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who
comes to Him must believe that he exists.

Webster's defines "impossible" as: incapable of being, or of occurring.

Webster's defines "must" as an indispensable item; viz: essential.

Ironically, a demon's level of faith is actually superior to Teresa's. At least
they're sure God exists.

Jas 2:19-20 . . You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the
demons believe-- and tremble!

I simply cannot approve a missionary whose iffy belief in the existence of
God doesn't even measure up to the quality of a demon's belief.
_
NONSENSE.

Mother Teresa suffered from clinical depression. This is not difficult to understand given the fact that she witnessed the more dire poverty and human suffering on a daily basis that YOU will see in a lifetime.

The fact that YOU are posting quotes from a person who was in the depths of clinical depression simply shows your desperation to make her look bad. She was FAR holier that you could ever HOPE to be because she gave her ENTIRE self to God through her sacrifice to her fellow human beings.

There are MANY more quotes attributed to her that praise and glorify God . . .

"Every human being has a longing for God. Christians go one step further—not only do we long for God but we have the treasure of his presence always with us."

"God is love, and when we love we are like God. This is what Jesus meant when he said, “Be perfect as your Father is perfect."

"Give yourselves unswervingly to God. Conform yourselves in all things to his glory, to his holy will."

"The Good News is that God still loves the world through each one of you. You are God’s good news, you are God’s love in action."

"If we have a pure heart, then we can see God."

"Obedience makes us most like Jesus and one with him. If we really obey, it is a constant crucifixion."

"To love, it is necessary to give. To give, it is necessary to be free from selfishness, to have the courage of poverty."

You self-righteous people who sit in judgement of her soul make me sick . . .

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Internet forums have given many of Christ's obscure followers a convenient
venue for sharing their time-won knowledge and experience with a
worldwide audience. For the world's sake, I highly recommend making an
effort to compose legible posts; neatly arranged, sensible, and tidy.

Shouting with oversize bold letters, scribbly italics, lack of adequate
paragraphing, twitter spelling, unnecessary emogies, horrible grammar, and
a confusing mixture of fonts, sizes, and colors, makes for tiresome clutter
and annoying graffiti that leave a bad impression.

I rather suspect that some people regard forums as a canvas for painting
their comments instead of composing them. Well; that might be okay for
outsiders, they can be as messy as they want because it doesn't matter. But
for those of us who honestly believe ourselves to be representing God's son;
it's unacceptable.

Phil 1:27 . . Conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of
Christ.

Some people's posts resemble the obnoxious placards of worked-up
protesters and political activists; yelling, shrieking, and sometimes even
spraying spittle.

They are beyond reason and objectivity in their desperation to be taken
seriously. Apparently they assume that if only they shout loud enough, and
make themselves annoying enough, maybe they'll get their point across and
somebody will finally listen.

Well; I'm not in the habit of accommodating Christians that yell, shriek, and
spray spittle so to speak. They're an embarrassment to Christ.
_