Did all the different races and ethnicities come from Adam and Eve?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, Acts 17:

26a From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth;
My guess is that Adam and Eve started their lives 15,000 years ago. Adam's genome contained the potential variations of all the human features that we observe today.

God destroyed all men except Noah's family, Genesis 8:

18 So Noah came out, together with his sons and his wife and his sons’ wives.
Now, these eight people constituted the Homosapien gene pool.

Further down in history, Genesis 11:

9 That is why it was called Babel —because there the LORD confused the language of the whole world. From there the LORD scattered them over the face of the whole earth.
This was the beginning of human separation and clustering, and local groups of people were formed. People within a large cluster tended to exhibit the traits of dominant genes. In small clusters, recessive genes had a chance to flourish more. All human beings are 99.9 percent identical in their genetic makeup. It doesn't take much genetic variation to show many physical differences between the races.

I am 100% Chinese, and my wife is 100% Caucasian. Our #3 son has brown hair, except for a couple of small isolated patches of blond streak :)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Acts 17:

My guess is that Adam and Eve started their lives 15,000 years ago. Adam's genome contained the potential variations of all the human features that we observe today.

This was the beginning of human separation and clustering, and local groups of people were formed. People within a large cluster tended to exhibit the traits of dominant genes. In small clusters, recessive genes had a chance to flourish more. All human beings are 99.9 percent identical in their genetic makeup. It doesn't take much genetic variation to show many physical differences between the races.

I am 100% Chinese, and my wife is 100% Caucasian. Our #3 son has brown hair, except for a couple of small isolated patches of blond streak :)
Yes, apparently they all did come from Adam and Eve.

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Acts 17:

Not only genetic variation, but adaptation (as opposed to evolution). Post-Babel, mankind developed distinctive characteristics that allowed them to best adapt and survive in the climate where they settled.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My guess is that Adam and Eve started their lives 15,000 years ago.
Why do you think it was 15,000 years ago? According to Bible chronolgy (such as Genesis 5, which gives the genealogy of Adam to Noah) Adam was created about 6,000 years ago (4004 BC).

Last edited: