Did Paul Preach The Same Message As Jesus And Peter ??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I trip out on Paul sometimes... but I love him and I have gained a lot of comfort in seeing that he struggled just like me... I however don't want to be like him in any way other than that he tried to follow Christ... I want to try and follow Christ to... but I would never follow Paul following Christ.... I would only follow Christ myself... if that makes any sense...

The best way to keep the body undivided is to follow Christ alone... He's our Shepard and we're all His Flock...

Paul was just another brother who the revelation of Jesus Christ came to... there's only one name that's above all other names... and that's Jesus... not Paul or Peter or Chuck Smith or the Pope...

However... I realize this... that when we sit at the table I'll make sure to take the lowest position because I just seem to blow it over and over... and my guess is Paul will be pretty high... but who even knows... only our Father can make that call... until then... just love everyone!!!

That's a good attitude. What makes us Christians is our belief on The Saviour Jesus Christ unto Salvation, not Paul as our Salvation.

1 Cor 1:11-18
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, "I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ."
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
(KJV)

That reveals there were some even back in Paul's days that were trying to make a religion out of the ministries of Paul, Cephas, and Apollos in the one Gospel of Jesus Christ.

What those like dan p and prism are doing in this matter is following a doctrine of men's traditions from false prophets that are trying to divide Christ's Body of believers. Because of what Paul revealed there in 1 Cor.1 about that, it shows those of the same mindset he had to deal with in his day are still around today.

TO THE HEART OF THE MATTER:
The false doctrine those like dan p and prism are on is about supporting the false Pre-Trib "secret rapture" theory. That's the basis for trying to separate Israelites and Gentiles into two separate Gospels and thus two separate Churches. That idea of separation of Christ's Body came out of Dispensationalism of the 1800's and was linked with those pushing the false Pre-Trib "secret rapture" theory (John Darby coined the "secret rapture" phrase to describe the doctrine of being raptured prior to the great tribulation). Two separate Gospels never was a doctrine of the early Church. And it certainly NEVER was a doctrine from Paul, since he himself declared both Jew and Gentile believers on Christ Jesus as one body (Romans; Galatians). Our Lord Jesus also declared the same one Body of believers (John 17).

Christ chose Paul to preach The Gospel to 3 groups per Acts 9; to Gentiles, to kings, and to the children of Israel. So that automatically makes the false doctrine of two separate Gospels fall flat on its face, showing that's a doctrine of men.

Paul's usage of the idea of dispensation was about God's Salvation also going to the Gentiles. And the way he would preach to kings and to the children of Israel was about the scattered remnants of Israel (especially non-Jews of the ten lost tribes) that dwelt among the Gentiles hearing The Gospel at the same time along with Gentiles. That was an administration in the one Gospel going to both scattered Israelites and Gentiles together, and becoming one body in Christ Jesus.

So WHY would the "crept in unawares" want to teach such a false idea as a dual Gospel, one for Israel and another for Gentiles, as if Christ's Body were divided?

It's to support 'their' Pre-Trib "secret rapture" theory, because they believe a supposed separated Gentile Church will be raptured out prior to the tribulation while Israel is left-behind to go through the tribulation. If they can't somehow try to divide Israelites and Gentiles then it would mean they go through the tribulation with Israel. There's no division between Christ's Church of the believing Israelite and Gentile in God's Word, all the Church will go through the tribulation which is what is written.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
I hate to have to say it Dan, but you don't get to define the terms. You can't just indiscriminately apply passages of Scripture as you see fit. Please show where Israel was set aside. Isn't it funny that the Gentiles convert in Scripture came from Peter, not Paul. If Peter was soley to the Jews, what do you suppose he was doing at Rome? What you guys deem to froget is that when Paul went into a city he first preached to hte Jews. It was after they rejected his message that he went to the Gentiles.

My friend, a quick look at histr=ory tells us differently.

The Early Church Fathers: Ante-Nicene Fathers Volume 5

Hippolytus on the Twelve Apostles. Where Each of Them Preached, and Where He Met His End.

1. Peter preached the Gospel in Pontus, and Galatia, and Cappadocia, and Betania, and Italy, and Asia, and was afterwards crucified by Nero in Rome with his head downward, as he had himself desired to suffer in that manner.

Hi Butch5 , and I will mostly accept what the bible in the Original Autographs say .

The Apostles never left Jerusalem as Acts 8:1 , reveals , say that they did not leave Israel .

Where is THE bibical proof the Peter went to Italy ?

You will not find that in the Bible .

If you would study the bible instead of Extra-bibical books , you will see in John 21: 15 - 19 , all will see how Peter died , and it was not in Rome .

Verse 18 , others will dress Peter when he is OLD , and donkey Peter , where he needs to go , sorry ,

Vrese 19 , signifying how Peter would die , OLD AGE , DAN P

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
I believe we have discussed this before. Please show me where Jesus or the apostle taught Christians that it ws necessary to keep the Law.

Hi Butch5 , and Jews were NOT to mingle with Gentiles as Acts 11:1 - 3 and that means Peter is a Law keeper , dan p

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
dan,

Are you aware that Scripture was not written as a complete history textbook? There is far more to history than is written in Scripture.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
dan,

Are you aware that Scripture was not written as a complete history textbook? There is far more to history than is written in Scripture.

Hi tw , and 2 Tim 3:16 , saids that " all scripture is given by INSPIRATION of God " not Extra-bibical books , for there is NOT Double Inspiration , sorry , dan p

dan p

Mar 26, 2009

That's nothing but Dispensationalist dreaming. The early chapters of Acts are plentiful to show that the Apostles preached forgiveness of sins by preaching Christ crucified...

Acts 10:34-44
34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth Him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with Him.
36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (He is Lord of all:)
37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: Who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him.
39 And we are witnesses of all things which He did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; Whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed Him openly;
41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with Him after He rose from the dead.
42 And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He Which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
43 To Him give all the prophets witness, that through His name whosoever believeth in Him shall receive remission of sins.
44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
(KJV)

That was Peter preaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ to Gentiles for the "remission of sins", even before Paul went to the Gentiles. Christ's Salvation for the remission of sins is what "the prophets witness" was about.

Hi to all , and any good student , will see that what happened in Acts 10 , is the sames thi9ng that happened in Acts 2 .

It was not Grace , but the impartation of the Holy Spirit , speaking in tongues and WATER Baptism .

The gifts that man had after the Acts period are found in Eph 4:11 .

Apostles
Prophets
Evangelists
Pastors
Teachers

I Cor 13:8 , says that ;
Prophecies
Tongues
and the gift of Knowledge

Are childish tings and have been done away with , when under Grace . dan p

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Daniel 2 we see where Nebuchadnezzar is king. I don’t want to type out everything this chapter has in it, but in a nutshell, the king had a dream and ONLY Daniel could interpret it because God gave him the dream and interpretation.
Good Point. Truth. Concise. To the Point. Welcome News. Edifying. Salvific? . Enlightening. Revealing. Explaining. COOL!