Did Paul water Baptize ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Hi to all , and I know that many think that I just struck my neck out by saying " that Paul never Baptized " but that is the position that I will defend , even when I know the verses that will be used against me , but I have defended them many a time .

I promised the duckbill . that I would repond ., and he brought up 1 Cor 1:17 as MOST do ,

When looking at ANY verse , these are the things that I look for FIRST .

#1 , CONTEXT , CONTEXT , and CONTEXT

#2 , Is there an HISTORICAL component

#3 , Is there a DISPENSATIONAL component

#4 , Is there a GRAMMATICAL component

#5 , And I use 2 Tim 2:15

#6 , And I use Phil 1:10 , where the translated word " excellant " means " differing "

Lets startoff by LOOKING at the Context of 1 Cor 1:12 - 17 ??

The CONTEXT no where mentions WATER , WHAT A STUNNER .

Any OPPONENT that says the text has water will prove that from this text and the next question , here is , what does BAPTIZO mean here ???

Any serious debate is welcomed , dan p

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Why do you have such a problem with water baptism??? It was clearly taught in the NT. Sounds like you are preaching disobedience to God.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Hi to all , and I know that many think that I just st...

Why do you need another Baptism arguement on the board? Do you think if you just keep openning the same topic over and over sometime you will win?

Check out the forum rules: The act of posting multiple topics on the same issue, otherwise known as cross-posting, is not allowed.
http://www.christianityboard.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Why do you have such a problem with water baptism??? It was clearly taught in the NT. Sounds like you are preaching disobedience to God.

Hi db , and I do not have a problem with Water Baptism and believe in Water Baptism BUT it is N0T for today , as Eph 4:5 as it is revealed by the Holy Spirit .

But it will come BACK in the Tribulation , but that is another OP , and as I have just posted , BAPTIZO is a very big subject , dan p

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Hi db , and I do not have a problem with Water Baptism and believe in Water Baptism BUT it is N0T for today , as Eph 4:5 as it is revealed by the Holy Spirit .
Matthew 28:19 (NKJV)
[sup]19 [/sup]Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

They were baptizing in Acts. Paul said he baptized.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

But it will come BACK in the Tribulation , but that is another OP , and as I have just posted , BAPTIZO is a very big subject , dan p

When Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River, He was baptized in BOTH water and spirit. One baptism includes a baptism of water and spirit. Water and spirit make up one baptism. Water baptism is part of the New Testament. It began with St. John the Baptist, and it was commanded by God. It was NOT commanded by man (Matthew 21:25 and John 1:33). Jesus also allowed His disciples to baptize with water and spirit, which makes up one baptism. To be baptize with only water is not enough as shown in the Bible (Acts 19:3-5). To be baptize with only the spirit is also not enough as shown in the Bible (Acts 10:47).

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Matthew 28:19 (NKJV)
[sup]19 [/sup]Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

So why did the disciples not follow what Christ said and baptize, " in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit?"

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Why do you need another Baptism arguement on the board? Do you think if you just keep openning the same topic over and over sometime you will win?

Check out the forum rules: The act of posting multiple topics on the same issue, otherwise known as cross-posting, is not allowed.
http://www.christianityboard.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Hi tw , and I checked to see how many threads there were on Baptism and I saw 2 threads , what are you scared of , can't answer the questions and as I have said , BAPTISM is a big subject . It is all through the bible and it means many things , that you may not know , and THIS is the second time that I have tried to find the rules and have not found them and I am sure they must have some , thanks for your help , and I guess you will report me and have me thrown out and if the happened , so be it , dan p

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Hi tw , and I checked to see how many threads there were on Baptism and I saw 2 threads , what are you scared of , can't answer the questions and as I have said , BAPTISM is a big subject . It is all through the bible and it means many things , that you may not know , and THIS is the second time that I have tried to find the rules and have not found them and I am sure they must have some , thanks for your help , dan [p

Well, there is a link to the board rules on the post you just quoted. Also on the upper right side of the page you will see "Christianity Board Rules," try that link.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009

Hi to all , and it is NOT THE SAME TOPIC but from different perpectives , dan p

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
#1 , CONTEXT , CONTEXT , and CONTEXT

Lets startoff by LOOKING at the Context of 1 Cor 1:12 - 17 ??

The CONTEXT no where mentions WATER , WHAT A STUNNER .

Every time I read the first couple of chapters of 1st Corinthians it is clear that THE CONTEXT is how the early Corinthian church was getting nearly everything wrong.

.... divisions among you ..... quarrels among you. ... “I follow Paul” ..... “I follow Apollos” ..... “I follow Cephas”.... “I follow Christ.” .... Is Christ divided... Was Paul crucified for you ..... Were you baptized in the name of Paul ....

Every time I read your recent three threads on "baptism" I feel you are doing the same things as the Corinthian church was accused of with a slight addition in bold added by me below ....

.... divisions among you ..... quarrels among you. ... “I follow Paul” ..... dry baptism .... “I follow Apollos” ..... "I follow dan p" ..... “I follow Cephas”.... “I follow Christ.” wet baptism .... .... Is Christ divided... Spirit baptism .... Was Paul crucified for you ..... no baptism .... Were you baptized in the name of Paul ....

Sorry danp , but that is the context of the first chapters of Corinthians , and that is how I see all 783 sides of the baptism debates. Endless arguing with no good results, only quarrels and divisions. The baptism message itself in the bible is not a complicated one.

I still wish I knew what it is you are trying to accomplish. State it clearly , and in your own words , rather than using scripture completely out of context.

What exactly is you are trying to say danp ?? Were we were all wrong by getting a drop of water on us one time somewhere in some church ??

thanks
Martin

dan p

Mar 26, 2009

Hi tomwebster , and I feel that I am right and lets give you an example and there are MANY .

Just take the word Covenant and its many applications ;

#1 , the Covenant given to Abram
#2 , the Davidic Covenant
#3 , the Paleatinnian Covenant

#4 , the Mosic Covenant
#5 , the Everlasting Covenant
#6 , the New Covenan
#7 , the Noahic Covenant
#8 , Covenants in relation to Christ
#9 , the children of the Covenant in Acts 3:25
#10 , the Strangers from the Covenants in Eph 2:12
#11 , mediator of the New Covenant in Heb 8:6

And I know that I missed some and I can do this on many SUBJECTS ,

Paul talks about the Law of Christ and there are 300 laws of Christ , would that be taboo by tomwester ?? dan p