Did Pontius Pilate go to hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
In Matthew27:24 "When Pilate saw he could prevail nothing,but that rather a tumult was made,he took water and washed his hands before the multitude,saying i am innocent of the blood of this just person:see ye to it.

Do you think Pontius went to hell,or will he be shown mercy?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think that Christ's blood was not held against him due to his actions...whether he went to heaven or not is something we will never know until we get there ourselves... :unsure:

Blessings!

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
I suspect he went to hell unless he repented? But we don't know. I think Judas had a better shot than Pilate, because we do read that he repented by returning the money and committing suicide.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
I believe that Pilate's actions of washing his hands of Jesus' blood calling him ,a JUST person, as he put it, because in honesty he found no fault in him and the fact that he placed the Title above THE HEAD of Jesus confessing him King of the Jews shows that while he did not recognize the Truth in the flesh standing in his presence at first, by the time Jesus told him that he had no power over Jesus unless it be given him from on high, I do believe that Pilate began to BELIEVE.
Rather it was really God who had Pilate write that or Pilate on his own did it, by the fact that he went the steps to wash his hands with WATER shows that he did believe and wanted no part of it and I believe that he was saved due to it... faith without works is dead. But Pilate showed faith, it may have been a wavering faith, but even Peter denied Jesus 3 times in unbelief after Jesus died.. but we know he was saved.
Matt 27:22-26
22 Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.
23 And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.
24 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.
25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.
26 Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.
KJV
John 19:19-22
19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.
20 This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin.
21 Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews.
22 Pilate answered, What I have written I have written.
KJV

He did not deny what he wrote and refused to retract it.... that says something!!

Reactions: Angelina

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
I think Pontius feared Jesus because of what his wife said.Matthew 27:19 "when he set down on the judgement seat,his wife sent unto him,saying,have nothing to do with that just man:for i have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him."

afaithfulone4u said:
I believe that Pilate's actions of washing his hands of Jesus' blood calling him ,a JUST person, as he put it, because in honesty he found no fault in him and the fact that he placed the Title above THE HEAD of Jesus confessing him King of the Jews shows that while he did not recognize the Truth in the flesh standing in his presence at first, by the time Jesus told him that he had no power over Jesus unless it be given him from on high, I do believe that Pilate began to BELIEVE.
Rather it was really God who had Pilate write that or Pilate on his own did it, by the fact that he went the steps to wash his hands with WATER shows that he did believe and wanted no part of it and I believe that he was saved due to it... faith without works is dead. But Pilate showed faith, it may have been a wavering faith, but even Peter denied Jesus 3 times in unbelief after Jesus died.. but we know he was saved.
Matt 27:22-26
22 Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.
23 And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.
24 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.
25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.
26 Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.
KJV
John 19:19-22
19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.
20 This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin.
21 Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews.
22 Pilate answered, What I have written I have written.
KJV

He did not deny what he wrote and refused to retract it.... that says something!!
I dont think he had the power to free Jesus.