POLITICS; Pilate Knew That Killing Jesus Was Wrong But He Still Did It Because Of Politics = Matthew 27;15-24

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
POLITICS; Pilate Knew That Killing Jesus Was Wrong But He Still Did It Because Of Politics = Matthew 27;15-24

Matthew 27;15-24

Now at that feast the governor was wont to release unto the people a prisoner, whom they would. And they had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas. Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ? For he knew that for envy they had delivered him. When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of Him. But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus. The governor answered and said unto them, Whether of the twain will ye that I release unto you? They said, Barabbas. Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let Him be crucified. And the governor said, Why, what evil hath He done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let Him be crucified. When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

Mark 15:8-15

And the multitude crying aloud began to desire him to do as he had ever done unto them. But Pilate answered them, saying, Will ye that I release unto you the King of the Jews? For he knew that the chief priests had delivered Him for envy. But the chief priests moved the people, that he should rather release Barabbas unto them. And Pilate answered and said again unto them, What will ye then that I shall do unto Him whom ye call the King of the Jews? And they cried out again, Crucify Him. Then Pilate said unto them, Why, what evil hath He done? And they cried out the more exceedingly, Crucify Him. And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when He had scourged Him, to be crucified.

Luke 23:3-7

And Pilate asked Him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And He answered him and said, Thou sayest it. Then said Pilate to the chief priests and to the people, I find no fault in this man. And they were the more fierce, saying, He stirreth up the people, teaching throughout all Jewry, beginning from Galilee to this place. When Pilate heard of Galilee, he asked whether the man were a Galilaean. And as soon as he knew that He belonged unto Herod's jurisdiction, he sent Him to Herod, who himself also was at Jerusalem at that time.

Luke 23:13-25

And Pilate, when he had called together the chief priests and the rulers and the people, Said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the people: and, behold, I, having examined Him before you, have found no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse Him: No, nor yet Herod: for I sent you to him; and, lo, nothing worthy of death is done unto Him. I will therefore chastise Him, and release Him (For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast) And they cried out all at once, saying, Away with this man, and release unto us Barabbas (Who for a certain sedition made in the city, and for murder, was cast into prison)

Pilate therefore, willing to release Jesus, spake again to them. But they cried, saying, Crucify Him, crucify Him. And he said unto them the third time, Why, what evil hath He done? I have found no cause of death in Him: I will therefore chastise Him, and let Him go. And they were instant with loud voices, requiring that He might be crucified. And the voices of them and of the chief priests prevailed. And Pilate gave sentence that it should be as they required. And he released unto them him that for sedition and murder was cast into prison, whom they had desired; but he delivered Jesus to their will.

John 18:29-40

Pilate then went out unto them, and said, What accusation bring ye against this man? They answered and said unto him, If He were not a malefactor, we would not have delivered Him up unto thee. Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye Him, and judge Him according to your law. The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death: That the saying of Jesus might be fulfilled, which He spake, signifying what death He should die. Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto Him, Art thou the King of the Jews? Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. Pilate therefore said unto Him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. Pilate saith unto Him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in Him no fault at all. But ye have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the passover: will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews? Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a robber.

John 19:11-16

Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin. And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release Him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar. When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha. And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King! But they cried out, Away with Him, away with Him, crucify Him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar. Then delivered he Him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led Him away.

AMEN

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How exactly was Pilate coerced into crucifying by politics?

Historical evidence points to a warning from Caesar, that if the violence against Jews doesn't stop, the next blood spilled when called to Rome would be Pilate's

The Roman Governor had removed Caiphas Father in Law from being the High Priest because of a disagreement. Pilate had total control. How does he give way to political pressure?

The only answer I can come up with .....God moved his heart ....

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Historical evidence points to a warning from Caesar, that if the violence against Jews doesn't stop, the next blood spilled when called to Rome would be Pilate's

The Roman Governor had removed Caiphas Father in Law from being the High Priest because of a disagreement. Pilate had total control. How does he give way to political pressure?

The only answer I can come up with .....God moved his heart ....
Sorry, you ask your question and then answer it?

Pilate knowing he would be executed under the order of Caesar for not quelling the upset that surrounded Jesus' presence in Pilates domain wasn't politics?

Jesus was murdered by Rome at the behest , coercion, of the Sanhedrin. Because their court could not execute people per usual due to Rome having jurisdiction.

It was all part of God's plan.

Jesus had to die to fulfill the terms of the new covenant.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, you ask your question and then answer it?

Pilate knowing he would be executed under the order of Caesar for not quelling the upset that surrounded Jesus' presence in Pilates domain wasn't politics?

Jesus was murdered by Rome at the behest , coercion, of the Sanhedrin. Because their court could not execute people per usual due to Rome having jurisdiction.

It was all part of God's plan.

Jesus had to die to fulfill the terms of the new covenant.

I agree. But I fail to see exactly what possible force politically Chaiphas had when Pilate held his fate in his hands?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think you answered your question right there. Enough of the riots already. Rome wants the colonies quiet. If Pilate could circumvent the riot that was building up outside by executing one man, well, Pilate was a military man who understood the realities of power and violence and had sent many men to their deaths. What is truth? What is justice?

(Of course, God is sovereign, and He wasn't about to let Pilate go soft now.)

Reactions: ButterflyJones