Did you ever wonder who...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
……. this Irenaeus person really was? Here are some audio videos of his famous writing, "Against Heresies." (It's only around 25½ hours.)

Last edited:
Reactions: aspen

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
25 and a half HOURS??? That is more than a day.
I just finished more than two months formatting the book I mentioned on another thread. Many college courses are 170 hours, or so, to graduate (minimum is 120 hours for only one little lightweight degree), and that is simply fanny-time in a classroom. Labs, papers, observation, etc can easily make that total more than 500 or 600 hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contrary to what Catholics claim he predated Catholicism. But he played a key role in establishing the foundation of Catholicism.
More of your typical manure . . .

First of all - Irenaeus was a student of Polycarp of Smyrna who was a student of Ignatius of Antioch, who was a student of the Apostle John. ALL of them were Catholics.

IGNATIUS OF ANTIOCH about the "Catholic Church" is his Letter to the Smyrnaeans on his way to be martyred in Rome around 107 AD:
Ignatius of Antioch

Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the CATHOLIC CHURCH (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

POLYCARP was martyred several years later - and the following document about his death attests to the CATHOLIC CHURCH:
Excerpt from The Martyrdom of Polycarp:
When finally he concluded his prayer, after remembering all who had at any time come his way – small folk and great folk, distinguished and undistinguished, and the whole CATHOLIC CHURCH throughout the world – the time for departure came. So they placed him on an ass, and brought him into the city on a great Sabbath.

In his famous treatise "Against Heresies", IRENAEUS lists all of the Popes from his own time all the way back to Peter. His arguments in this treatise are against those who deny the CATHOLIC CHURCH and its Authority:
Irenaeus
THE CATHOLIC CHURCH possesses one and the same faith throughout the whole world, as we have already said (Against Heresies 1:10 [A.D. 189]).

YOUR pathetic claims that the Catholic Church didn't start until the year 335 AD have absolutely ZERO documentation to substantiate them - yet you continue to regurgitate this nonsense.

Ummmmmmm, WHY is that??

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contrary to what Catholics claim he predated Catholicism. But he played a key role in establishing the foundation of Catholicism.
The Church has been and always will be; just like Jesus said.

Irenaeus writings, and the writings of the Apostolic and ECF's, mirror catholic teaching soooo how does he predate Catholicism???

You really don't know your own Christian history...do you??? :(

You

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
……. this Irenaeus person really was? Here are some audio videos of his famous writing, "Against Heresies." (It's only around 25½ hours.)

I used to wonder who he was. I then read his writings along with the writings of the Apostolic Father and ECF's. After reading the earliest teachings of The Church (1st thru 3rd century) I came to realize The Church has been "Catholic" for 2,000 years. :)

"To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant."

Historical Mary

Reactions: BreadOfLife

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church has been and always will be; just like Jesus said.

Irenaeus writings, and the writings of the Apostolic and ECF's, mirror catholic teaching soooo how does he predate Catholicism???

You really don't know your own Christian history...do you??? :(

You

Where does Christ say the church is always been?

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neckdeep in a Church rejecting John Knox, notice how his "First Blast of the Trumpet" from Revelation is Just Establishing himself and his Presbyterianism with all scholarly founders not linked to Catholicism. Augustine of Hippo included. What will tend to throw people off was, on the other hand, the neglectable theme of not liking the current Catholic women rulers. Without John Knox preaching the true identification , rejected only in the last 50 years, that the overthrow of the Pope will cause the fall of the Real AntiChrist into the Lake of Fire by his gathered around followers, and Believers, then, Presbyterians are defeating and lying on their history.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Search your own posts to find out where you said it.
So, once again, your idiotic anti-historical remarks about the Catholic Church come back to bite you in the behind.

And, once again, you've exposed your ignorance . . .

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the first time ever the Pentarchy is useful history. The Bishops of 5 administrations were designated to work together for regional decisions, the bishop in Rome sometimes considered a foremost peer. We're calling that "Orthodox" or "Original", in English anyway, pretty much a death sentence! hiss! I may be the AntiPope of the Orthodox Armenian Church, you never know... I have People skills...

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the first time ever the Pentarchy is useful history. The Bishops of 5 administrations were designated to work together for regional decisions, the bishop in Rome sometimes considered a foremost peer. We're calling that "Orthodox" or "Original", in English anyway, pretty much a death sentence! hiss! I may be the AntiPope of the Orthodox Armenian Church, you never know... I have People skills...
LOL

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I do, but this guy is in the way.
▒▒ The Presbyterian Church of Korea ▒▒

My question is, how would He Feel, if "I" had a daughter Church planted in near His mother church. Victory is Mine for Jesus Dr. Choi Ki Hak. US Abroad Churches will push Koreans back into the Japanese sea, onto Dokdo owned and rented by Japan ,there will be SO many abroad Churches for americans, IN korea. The other arm of this plan involves lying. We say Korea really belongs to America, we all learn in native English, and I'm the true Korean that takes over as 103rd moderator. "segregation is the only way two institutions will be equal to government" nice Try Dr. Choi, we will all soon learn from Universal Michigan Catholocism. Keep practicing your letters. Elizabethan slave-countries make Reformed religion look good for England which English people convert to sometimes as well.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does Christ say the church is always been?
I love bible study. I feel sad for you that you don't even know what passage's from scripture show that Jesus said the Church, His Church, will always be.

I will gladly answer your question once you answer mine: Irenaeus writings, and the writings of the Apostolic and ECF's, mirror catholic teaching soooo how does he predate Catholicism???

Patient Mary