Did You Know?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
keras said:
shurt678, Please, a little less of foolish comments and more sense would be good.
Your thinking that we are now in the Millennium is frankly ridiculous.

Careful reading and understanding of the Prophetic Word, along with common sense and logic, tells us that the world is very near a dramatic change. Another 'reset of civilization' of similar proportions 'as in the days of Noah'.
All the other members of the church that I attend are basically in denial of any possible change to their way of life. They simply do not wish to discuss end times events. That Jesus will return, is enough for them.
I post on forums like this one in the hope of serious discussion, where we can all help one another to come to a right understanding of what God has planned for His creation and what we should do now.
logostelos.info
Thank you for your response and feedback!

I personally apologize to you regarding "foolish comments." However I would encourage you to relook at ICor.1:27, "God chose the foolish things...." + I'm a retired lowly teacher that has used positive appropriate humor as one of my better teaching tools except my intent here is not to teach, but more in the direction of Jn.8:51 for starters. However I do treasure all feedback, and thank you again.

We are not only in Rev.20:2, "thousand years," but in the bitter end of it on the precipice where Satan will be personally loosed in Rev.20:7, or may be personally loosed already? BTW the Amill. position is held by more than half of all Christians on the planet thus cannot be that ludicrous? I would encourage you to take another look at Rev.20:2, etc. construed with Rev.12:7, etc. again.

Old Nowist Amill. Jack

btw don't let my avatar intimidate you, all show - no action, ie, one step away from a wheelchair

brakelite said:
Mmmm, I didn't know that either. Now that I do I wish I didn't. But then if I didn't I wouldn't ....oooh never mind. I do wonder though if the two edged sword spoken of is in fact the Bible, and not the literal blade Eric infers. A matter of comparing scripture with scripture as opposed to taking one man's personal interpretation. Now if the two edged sword was the Bible then that would change the entire context of the post wouldn't it?
Thank you for caring again brakelite, ie, let me put your spirit at ease!

I have nothing but Christ Crucified - "O," "zip," "nothing." In all seriousness, I'm just a foolish dummy that summarily brings forth Sermons and Commentaries starting with Mr. Martin Chemnitz (about 1560 or so) to the works of those in 1907 or so. I'm such of a low paygrade that I don't even qualify to personally interpret especially in light of IIPet.1:20, 21. Hey, appreciate you and your words - only clarifying.

Old IICor.4:7 Jack

BTW I put in for a higher paygrade, but gets shot down each time?

Retrobyter said:
Shalom, keras.

Not disagreeing with you, but a further comment: This is why it is so important to know the difference between "Lord" and "LORD." This is NOT referring to "the Name of Jesus," as some teach. Rather, it is talking about "the Name of YHWH," being a quotation of Psalm 118:26! It is by HIS authority ("name") that Yeshua` (Jesus) will return!

Shalom, Eric.

Actually, the people of Isra'el ARE saints! That is, they are HOLY unto the LORD! They are SPECIAL and SINGLED OUT as God's people, the "People of the Book!"

"Glory" is NOT referring to a PLACE! "Glory," the Hebrew word "kaavowd" (which you might recognize as part of the name "Ichabod" which is said to mean "the glory has departed"), is talking about the CONDITION of the children of Isra'el!

OT:3519 kabowd (kaw-bode'); rarely kabod (kaw-bode'); from OT:3513; properly, weight, but only figuratively in a good sense, splendor or copiousness:
KJV - glorious (-ly), glory, honour (-able).

OT:3520 kebuwddah (keb-ood-daw'); irreg. feminine passive participle of OT:3513; weightiness, i.e. magnificence, wealth:
KJV - carriage, all glorious, stately.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

(Strong's here lists "kaavowd" as "kabowd," however there is no dot (dagesh) in the "bet," changing it to a "vet." Thus, it should be pronounced as a "v" sound rather than a "b" sound.

I also add an "a" in transliteration to get "aa" for the "aw" sound as opposed to the "a" for the "ah" sound. The first sound, "aw," is the small "T" under a Hebrew letter called a "qaamets." The second sound, "ah," is the "-" under a Hebrew letter called a "patach.")
Thank you for caring again!

Only a head's up sir. Ps.118:25, 26, appropriated in Matt.21:9, "Hosanna," etc. - this was the most distinctive part of the Christian chant sung in Ps.113-118 was Hosanna," where three of the evangelists recording a transliteration of the Hebrew Hoshi'ah-nna', "grant salvation" ("save now," A.V.), reminding us of the nosha' used in v.5.

See also Matt.20:30, 31, "to the Son of David." Matt.21:9, "the One Coming" here to is Messianic, ie, the promised Messiah = Jesus = God.

Old Jack

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Jack.

shturt678 said:
Thank you for caring again!

Only a head's up sir. Ps.118:25, 26, appropriated in Matt.21:9, "Hosanna," etc. - this was the most distinctive part of the Christian chant sung in Ps.113-118 was Hosanna," where three of the evangelists recording a transliteration of the Hebrew Hoshi'ah-nna', "grant salvation" ("save now," A.V.), reminding us of the nosha' used in v.5.

See also Matt.20:30, 31, "to the Son of David." Matt.21:9, "the One Coming" here to is Messianic, ie, the promised Messiah = Jesus = God.

Old Jack
That's GOOD! Well done, brother! However, to catch others up to speed, let's give them the rest of the information:

TO ALL:

First, Jack is referring to Matthew 21:5 when he added the phrase, "...reminding us of the nosha' used in v.5":

Matthew 21:5
5 Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.
KJV

This is a quotation from Zechariah 9:9:

Zechariah 9:9-10
9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
10 And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth.
KJV

This passage would be a little clearer in another version:

Zechariah 9:9-10
9 Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion!
Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem!
See, your king comes to you,
righteous and having salvation,
gentle and riding on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
10 I will take away the chariots from Ephraim
and the war-horses from Jerusalem,
and the battle bow will be broken.
He will proclaim peace to the nations.
His rule will extend from sea to sea
and from the River to the ends of the earth (Or the end of the land).

NIV

To understand this passage, one should be looking at a map of the Middle East. The phrase "from sea to sea" refers SPECIFICALLY to "the Dead Sea" and "the Mediterranean Sea." These are the two bodies of water that defined the width of the Land. The length of the Land was described as extending from the Euphrates River in the north to the border of Egypt in the south, the "end of the Land."

In verse 9, here is the Hebrew (transliterated):

Z'kharyahuw 9:9
9 Giyliy m’od, bat Tsiyown! Haariy`iy, bat Yruwshaalaim! Hineeh, Malkeekh yaaVow’ laakh! Tsadiyq vnowshaa` huw’, `aaniy vrokheeV `al chamowr v`al `ayir ben atonowt:
JPS Hebrew-English TANAKH

It's the word that translates to "and having salvation," "vnowshaa`."

TO JACK:

The only things I would change in this part that you said are these:

Firstly, it's a stretch of the imagination - that is, it's reaching beyond the border of the Scriptures - to say "the promised Messiah = Jesus = God." It would be more accurate ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES to say, "the promised Messiah = Yeshua` (Jesus) = the REPRESENTATIVE of God!" While we know that a "Mashiyach" ("Messiah") is an "Anointed One" by translation, the USAGE of the word was to AUTHENTICATE the bearer of the title as one who was SELECTED by God as His representative in some capacity! Typically, these were either as (1) priest, (2) prophet, or (3) king. (And, yes, there were MANY who were "messiahs" in the Tanakh or the OT!) In Yeshua`s case as the "son of David," He is primarily the latter of the three. It wasn't that He was "bringing salvation," as we today understand the term "salvation"; it was that He would "bring RESCUE" to His people, the children of Isra'el! Thus, the AV or the KJV IS the better translation: "save (us), now!" Consider the following:

Zechariah 10:6-10
6 “I will strengthen the house of Y’hudah
and save the house of Yosef.
I will bring them back in my compassion for them;
they will be as if I hadn’t driven them out;
for I am Adonai their God,
and I will answer them.
7 Efrayim’s men will be like warriors;
their hearts will be cheered as if from wine.
Their children will see it and rejoice,
their hearts will be glad in Adonai.

8 “I will whistle for them and gather them,
because I have redeemed them;
they will be as numerous
as they were before;
9 and I will sow them among the peoples.
In distant lands they will remember me;
they will rear their children and then return.
10 I will bring them back from the land of Egypt
and gather them out of Ashur.
I will bring them into Gil‘ad and the L’vanon,
until there is no more room for them.
CJB

Zechariah 12:1-10
12 1 A prophecy, the word of Adonai concerning Isra’el — here is the message from Adonai, who stretched out the heavens, laid the foundation of the earth and formed the spirit inside human beings:
2 “I will make Yerushalayim a cup
that will stagger the surrounding peoples.
Even Y’hudah will be caught up
in the siege against Yerushalayim.
3 When that day comes, I will make Yerushalayim
a heavy stone for all the peoples.
All who try to lift it will hurt (herniate) themselves,
and all the earth’s nations will be massed against her.
4 When that day comes,” says Adonai,
“I will strike all the horses with panic
and their riders with madness;
I will keep watch over Y’hudah,
but I will strike blind all the horses of the peoples.
5 The leaders of Y’hudah will say to themselves,
‘Those living in Yerushalayim are my strength
through Adonai-Tzva’ot their God.’
6 When that day comes,
I will make the leaders of Y’hudah
like a blazing fire pan in a pile of wood,
like a fiery torch among sheaves of grain;
they will devour all the surrounding peoples,
on the right and on the left.
Yerushalayim will be inhabited
in her own place, Yerushalayim.
7 Adonai will save the tents of Y’hudah first,
so that the glory of the house of David
and the glory of those living in Yerushalayim
will not appear greater than that of Y’hudah.
8 When that day comes, Adonai will defend
those living in Yerushalayim.
On that day, even someone who stumbles
will be like David;
and the house of David will be like God,
like the angel of Adonai before them.
9 “When that day comes, I will seek to destroy
all nations attacking Yerushalayim;
10 and I will pour out on the house of David
and on those living in Yerushalayim
a spirit of grace and prayer;
and they will look to me, whom they pierced.”
They will mourn for him
as one mourns for an only son;
they will be in bitterness on his behalf
like the bitterness for a firstborn son.
CJB

Secondly, Psalms 113-118 are SIX DIFFERENT, JEWISH SONGS, and they are NOT a "Christian chant" (except as Christians down through the years may have BORROWED from these Psalms)!

Thirdly, "Howshiy`aah naa'" ("Hosanna") is not an exclamation of praise! It is a CRY FOR HELP! "SAVE-US NOW!" "RESCUE US, PLEASE!" It's a cry of desperation! And, only the children and the few disciples that followed Yeshua` felt that desperation on that first Palm Sunday.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, Jack.

Firstly, it's a stretch of the imagination - that is, it's reaching beyond the border of the Scriptures - to say "the promised Messiah = Jesus = God." It would be more accurate ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES to say, "the promised Messiah = Yeshua` (Jesus) = the REPRESENTATIVE of God!" While we know that a "Mashiyach" ("Messiah") is an "Anointed One" by translation, the USAGE of the word was to AUTHENTICATE the bearer of the title as one who was SELECTED by God as His representative in some capacity!
Thanks Retro,

But if my ol' mate Jack is reaching outside of the boarder of scripture then there are several OT Prophets who need to read your posts,
He had merely extended his argument within your own proscribed confines of OT prophecy for this particular argument .

(Isaiah 9:6)
For a child is born to us,
a son is given to us.
The government will rest on his shoulders.
And he will be called:
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, (Thats El-Gibbor incase you missed it)
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

(Jeremiah 23:5–6)
“For the time is coming,”
says the LORD,
“when I will raise up a righteous descendant
from King David’s line.
He will be a King who rules with wisdom.
He will do what is just and right throughout the land.
And this will be his name:
‘The LORD is Our Righteousness.’
In ..

There are more than just these...

Peace :)

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, to you too, Madad21.

Madad21 said:
Thanks Retro,

But if my ol' mate Jack is reaching outside of the border of scripture then there are several OT Prophets who need to read your posts,
He had merely extended his argument within your own proscribed confines of OT prophecy for this particular argument .

(Isaiah 9:6)
For a child is born to us,
a son is given to us.
The government will rest on his shoulders.
And he will be called:
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, (Thats El-Gibbor incase you missed it)
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

(Jeremiah 23:5–6)
“For the time is coming,”
says the LORD,
“when I will raise up a righteous descendant
from King David’s line.
He will be a King who rules with wisdom.
He will do what is just and right throughout the land.
And this will be his name:
‘The LORD is Our Righteousness.’
In ..

There are more than just these...

Sorry, Madad, but you're not reading the prophecies correctly. Just because a prophet tells us that "he shall be called ..." he doesn't necessarily mean that "he SHOULD be called ...." Statements of fact are just that, statements of fact, without prejudice one way or another.

Now, I know that sounds like a cop-out, but Yesha`yahu's (Isaiah's) words in Isaiah 9:6 are difficult to translate into English at best! First, if all those titles properly belonged to the Child/Son, the connective "v-," meaning "and," should be there between each title ... but it is significantly and blatantly absent. Why? Here's the Hebrew (transliterated):

Isaiah 9:6
6 Kiy yeled yulad laanuw; been nitan laanuw; vat-hiy hamisraah `al shikmow vayiqraa’ shmow pele’ yow`eets Eel Gibowr Abiy `Ad Sar Shaalowm:

When two nouns are listed together in Hebrew without a "v-" between, the usual translation is to include the word "of" between. The grammar is called a noun construct state. For instance, the title "Sar Shaalowm" is in such a construct state; thus, it is translated the "Prince OF Peace." What about the rest of the verse?

Therefore, it's not the prophet who is in error; it is one's understanding of the translation of the prophecy that may be in error!

Furthermore, the words translated as "The LORD (is) our righteousness" is "YHWH-Tsidqeenuw." The phrase doesn't necessarily equate to Yeshua` IS the YHWH that is our righteousness, but rather that His "nickname" is a statement ABOUT HIS FATHER! I believe that it is in sync with 2 Corinthians 5:21:

2 Corinthians 5:21
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
KJV

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, to you too, Madad21.

Sorry, Madad, but you're not reading the prophecies correctly. Just because a prophet tells us that "he shall be called ..." he doesn't necessarily mean that "he SHOULD be called ...." Statements of fact are just that, statements of fact, without prejudice one way or another.

Now, I know that sounds like a cop-out, but Yesha`yahu's (Isaiah's) words in Isaiah 9:6 are difficult to translate into English at best! First, if all those titles properly belonged to the Child/Son, the connective "v-," meaning "and," should be there between each title ... but it is significantly and blatantly absent. Why? Here's the Hebrew (transliterated):

Isaiah 9:6
6 Kiy yeled yulad laanuw; been nitan laanuw; vat-hiy hamisraah `al shikmow vayiqraa’ shmow pele’ yow`eets Eel Gibowr Abiy `Ad Sar Shaalowm:

When two nouns are listed together in Hebrew without a "v-" between, the usual translation is to include the word "of" between. The grammar is called a noun construct state. For instance, the title "Sar Shaalowm" is in such a construct state; thus, it is translated the "Prince OF Peace." What about the rest of the verse?

Therefore, it's not the prophet who is in error; it is one's understanding of the translation of the prophecy that may be in error!
Hi Thanks for talking to me, hope you are well today.

I personally wouldn't hang my argument on "Shall", especially where all other prophetic "shall's" have come to pass exactly as they have been called.

1. Isaiah 9:6 ‘For a child is born unto us, a son is given unto us; and the government is upon his shoulder; and his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar-shalom;’

Some quotes for you…

The great rabbi Ibn Ezra said:
"There are some interpreters who say that ‘wonderful, counselor, mighty God, everlasting Father’ are the names of God, and that only ‘prince of peace’ is the name of the child. But according to my view, the right interpretation is that they are all the names of the child." (Walter Riggans, Yeshua Ben David [Wowborough, East Sussex; MARC, 1995], p. 370)

In the Targum of Isaiah we read:
"His name has been called from old, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, He who lives forever, the Anointed One (Messiah), in whose days peace shall increase upon us."

Midrash Mishle, S. Buber edition:
" The Messiah is called by eight names: Yinnon, Tzemah, Pele ["Miracle"], Yo'etz ["Counselor"], Mashiah ["Messiah"], El ["God"], Gibbor ["Hero"], and Avi 'Ad Shalom ["Eternal Father of Peace"]"

However apart from these views I have to concede that your point is not lost in the grammatical interpretation of this particular scripture.

Retrobyter said:
Furthermore, the words translated as "The LORD (is) our righteousness" is "YHWH-Tsidqeenuw." The phrase doesn't necessarily equate to Yeshua` IS the YHWH that is our righteousness, but rather that His "nickname" is a statement ABOUT HIS FATHER! I believe that it is in sync with 2 Corinthians 5:21:

2 Corinthians 5:21
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
KJV
Nickname?

The Messiah is given the name of God alone. YHWH. Jehovah.

The Midrash on Proverbs 19:21 says
‘Rabbi Hunah said ‘Eight names are given to the Messiah which are Yinnon, Shiloh, David, Menachem, Jehovah, Justi de Nostra, Tzemmach, Elias.’

The Midrash on Lam 1:16 says
‘What is the name of the Messiah? Rav Ava ben Kahanna said ‘Jehovah is his name and this is proved by, ‘this is his name… [quoting Jer 23:6].’

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
brakelite said:
Mmmm, I didn't know that either. Now that I do I wish I didn't. But then if I didn't I wouldn't ....oooh never mind. I do wonder though if the two edged sword spoken of is in fact the Bible, and not the literal blade Eric infers. A matter of comparing scripture with scripture as opposed to taking one man's personal interpretation. Now if the two edged sword was the Bible then that would change the entire context of the post wouldn't it?
Revelation 14:19-20
19And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
20And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

Bibles would not cause bleeding. The swords are real.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you folks for caring again!

Only a head's up regardng Isa.9:6 off the top just eyeballing it. The whole, from "Wonder of" kla onwards as a simple dependent accusative predicate to "and they will call His name" which stands at the head of course. I learned long ago the import of disjunctive accents, eg, off the top again just looking at "the name of Him" with the disjunctive gereshi, the separatation is rather more strongly than this; the pashta in "one counseling" separates somewhat more than the other two.

My point off the top again as need to actually 'dig in" is to regard this a a genitive construct, eg, "a wonder of a counsellor" in which case the disjunctive telishah gedolah in "wonder of" would have to be exchanged for a connecting mahpach. Exceptionally doubtful!

Exponentially simplifying: "Mighty God," He is himself God. Backing up a little, it should be noted that the expression, "His name shall be called," is in line with the meaning of the Hebrew "name," meaning: This is the type of character that will be His. Besides, it's implied that He is called by these names because He actually is the kind of person that the names say He is.

Old Jack two-bits

B

brakelite

Eric E Stahl said:
Revelation 14:19-20
19And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
20And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

Bibles would not cause bleeding. The swords are real.
It is one thing to say that swords spoken of in an OT prophecy are literal swords. It is another thing altogather to claiom that the blood spilt in another prophecy is caused by those particular swords, even more so to further claim that it is Christians who weild them. You are using the precise same reasoning that brought on the crusades and then the inquisition.

Revelation 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

As for the blood, I have often wondered at this. A literalist understanding doesn't account for the description that they are squeezed or squashed that the blood comes out. The mix of metaphor and fact reduces one to pull back from making any bold statements regarding our part to play in killing countless people with literal swords that we end up waist deep in their blood. Think about it.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thanks brakelite, your quotes show that a two edged sword is used as a metaphor in the Bible for the Word of God.
The Psalm 149 reference is the same, just a metaphor, as from many other prophesies we know that the Lord Himself will destroy the enemies. His righteous people will 'exult in triumph and praise God for the victory'.
All that blood described in Rev 14:20 must be supernatural, as blood as we know it simply coagulates and the quantity is so great, to be impossible to kill enough people or animals to achieve at the most, a swimming pool full.

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
keras said:
Thanks brakelite, your quotes show that a two edged sword is used as a metaphor in the Bible for the Word of God.
The Psalm 149 reference is the same, just a metaphor, as from many other prophesies we know that the Lord Himself will destroy the enemies. His righteous people will 'exult in triumph and praise God for the victory'.
All that blood described in Rev 14:20 must be supernatural, as blood as we know it simply coagulates and the quantity is so great, to be impossible to kill enough people or animals to achieve at the most, a swimming pool full.
I believe that the two edged sword coming out of Jesus mouth is the command to the saints to kill the army of antichrist that has been called from all over the world Revelation 16:15-16.

brakelite said:
It is one thing to say that swords spoken of in an OT prophecy are literal swords. It is another thing altogather to claiom that the blood spilt in another prophecy is caused by those particular swords, even more so to further claim that it is Christians who weild them. You are using the precise same reasoning that brought on the crusades and then the inquisition.

Revelation 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

As for the blood, I have often wondered at this. A literalist understanding doesn't account for the description that they are squeezed or squashed that the blood comes out. The mix of metaphor and fact reduces one to pull back from making any bold statements regarding our part to play in killing countless people with literal swords that we end up waist deep in their blood. Think about it.
I believe that the two edged sword coming out of Jesus mouth is the command to the saints to kill the army of antichrist that has been called from all over the world Revelation 16:15-16.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That belief is simply not supported by Scripture. Rev. 19:21
Anyway, why be concerned about it? Much will happen before that, at the Return of Jesus for His Millennial reign. It seems that the Sixth Seal worldwide devastation will be the next prophesied event. Be aware and be prepared for that.

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
keras said:
Anyway, why be concerned about it? Much will happen before that, at the Return of Jesus for His Millennial reign. It seems that the Sixth Seal worldwide devastation will be the next prophesied event. Be aware and be prepared for that.
Many of my posts are designed to help motovate Christians to live for Jesus now. Like 2 Peter 3:10-14

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
But the purpose of a forum on Bible prophecy is to learn about what God has planned for our future. By posting about salvation, you are preaching to the already converted and hi-jacking this and other forums. I note no-one bothered to answer on the Bible forum.
Please keep to the topic on this part of the forum, that is the Prophetic Word and stick to what the Word actually says.

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
keras said:
But the purpose of a forum on Bible prophecy is to learn about what God has planned for our future. By posting about salvation, you are preaching to the already converted and hi-jacking this and other forums. I note no-one bothered to answer on the Bible forum.
Please keep to the topic on this part of the forum, that is the Prophetic Word and stick to what the Word actually says.
Smile.

Tell that to Peter.

[SIZE=14pt]2 Peter 3:10-14[/SIZE]
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
keras said:
Amos 9:1-

Amos 9
1I saw the LORD standing upon the altar: and he said, Smite the lintel of the door, that the posts may shake: and cut them in the head, all of them; and I will slay the last of them with the sword: he that fleeth of them shall not flee away, and he that escapeth of them shall not be delivered.
2Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down:
3And though they hide themselves in the top of Carmel, I will search and take them out thence; and though they be hid from my sight in the bottom of the sea, thence will I command the serpent, and he shall bite them:
4And though they go into captivity before their enemies, thence will I command the sword, and it shall slay them: and I will set mine eyes upon them for evil, and not for good.