Dinosaurs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
According to paleontologists, dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago (at the end of the Cretaceous Period), after living on Earth for about 165 million years. As a technical term, dinosaur is not written in the Bible. Nevertheless, God could have created the earth with embedded records of dinosaur fossils. These are not fake records but summary records of events in space-time history.

Did they walk on the earth during those million years?

I'd treat it like they did because those are the real scientific records. However, the Bible focuses on redemption, saving people for eternal life. Dinosaurs were amoral creatures. They were not targets of the redemption story.

Is Behemoth a dinosaur?

Job 40:

15 “Look at Behemoth, which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox.
Behemoth was likely not a dinosaur. Even if it was a dinosaur, it should not affect the redemption story or our walk with God.

Reactions: Chains Broken

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to paleontologists, dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago (at the end of the Cretaceous Period), after living on Earth for about 165 million years. As a technical term, dinosaur is not written in the Bible. Nevertheless, God could have created the earth with embedded records of dinosaur fossils. These are not fake records but summary records of events in space-time history.

Did they walk on the earth during those million years?

I'd treat it like they did because those are the real scientific records. However, the Bible focuses on redemption, saving people for eternal life. Dinosaurs were amoral creatures. They were not targets of the redemption story.

Is Behemoth a dinosaur?

Job 40:

Behemoth was likely not a dinosaur. Even if it was a dinosaur, it should not affect the redemption story or our walk with God.

Yes, Behemoth and Leviathan were both dinosaurs. In Texas there are footprints of dinosaurs and humans together in the same path. Baby dinosaurs would have even been on the ark. The firmament or atmosphere changed drastically after the flood.

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't dinosaur mean terrible lizard, and weren't they called dragons before the middle 1800s?

I think behemoth and leviathan were both living with man.
Behemoth is noted by some to be a hippo, so I understand, but it couldn't be because of the tail description
there are stories of missionaries to the Congo who said the natives had drawn pictures of dino type creatures and said they had seen them. I also heard about them seeing pterodactyls who used their beaks to feast on buried things.
And ya can't tell me that an alligator is not a dinosaur. I truly believe they are.

Reactions: amigo de christo

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you think are dinosaurs and what paleontologists think are dinosaurs are two different things.
Okay, so tell me. And were they on the ark or not? Job was written after the flood, so they must have been on the ark.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay, so tell me. And were they on the ark or not? Job was written after the flood, so they must have been on the ark.
The paleontologists' dinosaurs were not on the ark.

I don't know about your dinosaurs because you have not given me an operational definition of what you mean by "dinosaurs". Can you define your dinosaurs operationally?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The paleontologists' dinosaurs were not on the ark.

I don't know about your dinosaurs because you have not given me an operational definition of what you mean by "dinosaurs". Can you define your dinosaurs operationally?
The brontosaurus is an extinct reptile and Job wrote about him.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The brontosaurus is an extinct reptile and Job wrote about him.
never buy the lie of evolution . Man dont know it all , though he thinks he does.
Yes, if we read the bible we can see descriptions of some big ol animals . But this evolutoin and millions and billions of years
IS falsely so called science . and lambs dont heed it either . Be encouraged my friend. THE LORD is with the lambs .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
never buy the lie of evolution . Man dont know it all , though he thinks he does.
Yes, if we read the bible we can see descriptions of some big ol animals . But this evolutoin and millions and billions of years
IS falsely so called science . and lambs dont heed it either . Be encouraged my friend. THE LORD is with the lambs .
Is there a way for the Bible and science to reconcile? I believe there is....all we have to do is look up the word “day” in a good Concordance to see that it does not only mean a 24 hour “day”. The Hebrew word “yôm” can mean “a day, a year, or an indefinite time period”.....having said that, if the creative “days” were periods of thousands or even millions of years, then science putting the age of the earth and many of the now extinct living things on it, far into the distant past might not be in error.

It also makes it possible that dinosaurs and other ancient extinct species were long gone before humankind arrived. That means that there were no dinosaurs on the ark. It also means that there was not every single species was either, since the Bible says that it was “kinds” of living specimens that God brought to Noah to be preserved on the ark. All species of those “kinds” developed naturally through a proven process called adaptation, which is not evolution, but simply what Darwin saw on the Galagos Islands.....all the finches he saw were different to the ones on the mainland, so he concluded that these birds developed traits that were caused by a change of food or environment....it didn’t turn them into other “kinds” of birds but simply into kinds of finches......ones that science says are related genetically to one another. All had the same Creator, and all were made from the same genetic building blocks that link all species of living things on this planet.

Evolution takes the elements of creation and presents them as something they never were. It has never been proven, and so remains a “theory”.