Dissproving Darwin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
*EDIT* This guy actually wrote a book on this and there were tons of ads in the e-mail, I think I removed them all but if I missed a couple sorry, not trying to advertise. I just received this email and figured I would post some of it here. Dear Friend,I’m fed up with Darwin… When evolution supporters tried to make me feel foolish for believing in God, I decided to do something about it. Evolution is not proven fact. Every one of their claims can be torn to shreds. All you need are the missing pieces. Today, I’ll show you what they are. Within minutes, you’ll:• Quickly take down self-righteous atheists…• Easily and accurately defend God’s role as our Creator…• Send hardened skeptics into a state of confusion… • Expose the “theory” of evolution and leave scientists with their mouths hanging open… My name is Jeffrey Howard. If you ever challenged someone on evolution, I have great news.By the time you read to the end of this letter, you’ll have everything you need to take on the skeptics and win. You’ll never be at a loss for words. The whole evolution debate will be right in your pocket. Use it anytime, anywhere… It’s much easier than you think. Once you get the real story, it takes less than 5 minutes! How a Sunday Morning Sermon Changed My Life Forever... A few years ago, I joined some friends for brunch after church. At the table was the husband of a friend. Let’s call him, “Tom.”Tom is not a Christian and was not at church with us. But he showed up for the sake of being social. At first, I thought nothing of it. But when I saw his reaction to our conversation, I knew trouble was brewing. The sermon that morning was from the book of Genesis. Our pastor has a wonderful way of telling the story of Creation. And like many folks do, we got together after church to share our thoughts about it over coffee. We weren’t talking 5 minutes before this man’s face turned to ash. Without moving a single muscle he said, “The idea that God created the world is childish... Educated men don’t believe in myth and fantasy.” We were all stunned. He was usually tolerant. But there he was... trying to make us feel ignorant for believing in God’s power to create this marvelous world we live in. For the next hour and a half, I went head-to-head with the theory of evolution. But I lost.I just didn’t know how to go up against his arguments. Don’t get me wrong: My knowledge of the Bible is better than most. And my faith is unshakable. But in that moment, I realized I couldn’t defend God’s place in our lives because I didn’t know a thing about this “theory” of evolution. After I got home, I felt as if I had somehow let God down. I thought for sure that if I just shared my faith and His teachings, Tom would naturally “get it.” I was wrong...That’s when everything changed.The very next day, I decided to do something about it. If I wanted to win, I needed to challenge him on his own turf. And that meant learning everything I could about evolution.As a freelance writer and investigative journalist specializing in health and medicine, I took on evolution like I would any other project.For months, I searched trade journals… talked to teachers, preachers and university professors... and looked at all the available evidence; especially the stuff scientists keep out of the media. And let me tell you something... What I Discovered about Evolution Gave Me the Shock of My Life The theory of evolution is full of holes. And I’m not talking about minor differences of opinion. I’m talking about huge, gaping holes you could drive a truck through. But here’s the problem: We never challenge it. Defending God’s Word is a great first step. But if you don’t poke holes in the theory of evolution itself, they’ll NEVER get it. And that’s bad news… All you have to do is open a newspaper to know the scientists are winning. And it’s Not Just Evolution…As Christian conservatives, we’re losing the values we hold dear: Freedom of choice and self-determination. And it’s happening faster than at any point in our history.More and more, the science mafia is making decisions that cut into your ability to live as you please – and of course, big government agencies are helping them along.
Charles_Darwin_1881.jpg
Charles Darwin in 1881 It all started in 1859, when Charles Darwin published his first book on evolution. Almost immediately, scientists, atheists and university types grabbed the idea and promoted the heck out of it. Once they figured out evolution was their golden opportunity to get rid of God, there was no stopping them. They pushed evolution to the point of becoming “official policy” without ever letting you know it would crumble if exposed to the light of day.So that’s what I did: I exposed it. And boy did it crumble…Here are Just a Few Examples of what I Found Darwin himself said that future scientists would find fossils of “transitional forms.” Here’s what he meant: If fish really evolved into animals, you would find fossils of creatures that were half-fish, half-animal. This would show that one species was making a transition into another. So far, no transitional forms have ever been discovered! And of course, no transitional creature exists today. Let’s be honest: Have you ever gone to the zoo and seen a cross between a fish and an animal? Or a half-man, half-monkey?
800px-Fossil_shrimp.jpg
Fossil: This is a shrimp fossil found in Lebanon. These pictures tell scientists what fish and animals looked like long ago. All the creatures living on this planet are perfectly formed. There is no record of any animal, fish, beast or creature EVER turning into a different species.In fact, the real fossil record shows almost no change. That means many of the creatures on this Earth have not changed since the beginning of time.Here’s something else you won’t read in the newspaper: Hundreds of scientists and university professors are coming out against evolution. This should be front-page news. But you’ll never hear about it in the media.Check out what some of them are saying about these missing fossils:• Professor Steven J. Gould, Harvard University: “The extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record persists as the trade secret of paleontology.” Translation: Dr. Gould is a little too kind. The number of transitional forms is ZERO.• Dr. Colin Patterson, British Museum of Natural History: “I will lay it on the line – there is not one such fossil for which one could make a watertight argument.”Translation: There’s simply no hard evidence for evolution. • Dr. Gareth J. Nelson, American Museum of Natural History: “It is a mistake to believe that even one fossil species… can be demonstrated to have been ancestral to another.”Translation: Darwin’s theory doesn’t have a leg to stand on…You Think That’s Something? Check This Out… At some point in our history, thousands of new creatures suddenly appeared. And the scientists actually agree on this. This one fact is enough to put the “theory” of evolution to rest forever.Think about it… Evolution says that new forms of life never appear suddenly. They tell us new species evolve slowly over “millions of years.” They claim that small mutations occur to a single species and that over time, a new creature is born.
800px-Trilobite_Redlichia.jpg
The Trilobite: This complex creature suddenly appeared with no ancestors to evolve from… If that’s true, then how can thousands of new creatures come to life all at once – like they did during this one period of history? Sounds crazy, doesn’t it?Their own scientific discoveries do a nice job of disproving evolution. Yet these very same scientists go on TV and tell us that evolution is “tested and proven.” It only goes to show: Scientists will believe ANYTHING if the alternative is admitting that God created the world!When you take God out of His own Creation, crazy things start to happen… You get “respected” scientists saying that fish can sprout legs and monkeys can turn into men.But when you look under the hood, there’s NO PROOF whatsoever.Evolution May be the Greatest Hoax in Human History Let me tell you… All of this really got me worked up. These people are deceiving us at God’s expense. Even worse, they’re teaching this stuff to our children. Millions of kids are growing up thinking we live in a godless, mechanical world that has no meaning at all.In spite of many brave parents, schools around the country keep evolution firmly in place – making it the only explanation our kids get. And I don’t have to tell you how difficult that makes it to raise kids with real Christian values.Left unchecked, evolution will eventually rob you of prayer and your personal relationship with God.Think about this for a moment: Taking God out of His creation means prayer and communication with God becomes a fairy tale – an impossibility. Darwin believed prayer and the belief in God comes from an animal’s instinct to feel awe or inspiration from things it doesn’t understand. Scientists now call this “magical thinking.” Here’s an example: If a monkey sees a leaf blowing in the wind, it may think the leaf has magical powers because it doesn’t know the wind is giving it lift and motion. Scientists and atheists believe prayer and your faith in God is just a logical next step in the evolution of the “magical thinking” they find in apes and monkeys. They’re taking us for fools. And for the most part, we’re not doing anything about it. But if you learn a thing or two about their “theory,” you can win every debate, every time.Remember Tom… the guy at the restaurant who embarrassed me in front of my friends? I saw him again, two years later. Only this time things were different.After all my research, he didn’t stand a chance. He folded like a house of cards. In just a second, I’ll tell you the rest of the story… First, I want to tell you how I sent him packing. Here’s the key: The average person on the street accepts evolution without understanding it.They can tell you that it’s “proven”… and that’s about it. If they’ve done their homework, maybe they can tell you that so-and-so did an experiment… or so-and-so wrote a book… But if you know the missing pieces, you can shoot down every one of their arguments – every time. And because they don’t really understand what they’re defending, they suddenly fall silent when they can’t fire off a come back. They get shell-shocked when they come up against a Christian who knows more about evolution than they do.In an ideal world, you should be able to defend God’s Creation with the Bible alone. But we live in dark times. Scientists, atheists and all those university types will ALWAYS reject the Bible. It doesn’t matter how many passages you quote – they’ll ALWAYS tell you that God is a fantasy. But if you go after their beloved “theory” of evolution – and show them beyond a shadow of a doubt that it’s based on a bunch of guesswork, forgeries and outright lies, then congratulations…You just beat them at their own game. It’s a great feeling. To see them with their mouths hanging open… A look of shock on their faces… Not knowing what to say… Feeling confused and embarrassed…That’s Exactly what Happened to Tom… Six months after finishing my research, I saw Tom in the parking lot of our local grocery store. He recognized me right away. I approached him and asked him if he remembered our lively debate. He cracked a smile so I told him I’d been doing some reading on evolution. He raised an eyebrow and gave me a smirk, like, “Oh, please… this nutty Bible-thumper thinks he knows something about evolution…”That’s when something remarkable happened. In less than 5 minutes I cut down every “solid” argument for evolution he had ever heard of… And here’s the best part: He just stood there with his mouth hanging open. He didn’t know what to say or what to do… To this day, I don’t know what shocked him more: Watching his cherished beliefs go down in flames or realizing I knew what I was talking about.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Evolution is just a foolish topic that clearly deceives people. It's so true that no animals can evolved into some fantasy animals. A dog will forever be a dog, but does all dogs looks the same. No. A human will forever be a human, but does all humans look the same. No. (I Corinthians 15:39)People should stop posting junks. Evolution will never be science. (I Timothy 6:20)"Tom" says that God created the world foolish? Well I got scriptures for ya. (I Corinthians 1:25, I Corinthians 1:27)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Good post follower and So true they are willing to call God a myth while quoting an unproved threoy as fact

Tikikala

May 13, 2008
Jag:Can you cut down the quote?can you put ellipses to shorten it?It makes my scroll key hurts... xDWow, this is useful.(I am a high schooler... /sigh)I am glad that my school don't teach me TOO deep into it.I spent about like a week or two studying the basics of the evolution theory. (which according to my believes of theory, if "Big Bang" is still a theory, "evolution" might as well become unsolved. It will still be a theory 10 years from now)

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Tikikala;52909)
Jag:Can you cut down the quote?can you put ellipses to shorten it?It makes my scroll key hurts... xD Wow, this is useful.(I am a high schooler... /sigh)I am glad that my school don't teach me TOO deep into it.I spent about like a week or two studying the basics of the evolution theory. (which according to my believes of theory, if "Big Bang" is still a theory, "evolution" might as well become unsolved. It will still be a theory 10 years from now)
Yeah I am in highschool too but luckily we only touched on evolution. But as far as the Big Bang theory, I totally believe it. It went something like this:God said it and BANG!! it happened!!
smile.gif

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Great post, Follower. I especially want to comment on this part:
Here’s the key: The average person on the street accepts evolution without understanding it.
You know what irks me? The atheists come on boards like this and claim we as Christians are brainwashed and don't think. They say we believe what we do because we were brought up that way and don't truly question anything. However, it does not seem to faze them that the "average person" does the same with their (erroneous) evolution beliefs and they don't care if people mindlessly accept evolution---- as long as they side with them.That's truly a case where Jesus said "Judge not lest ye be judged." That's just a spiritual way of saying "the pot calling the kettle black", or again, accusing others of what they are themselves (it takes one to know one).

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(followerofchrist;52904)
Just to clarify Jag, I wasn't saying that I believe in evolution. Quite the opposite.
My dear followerofChrist. I never said you did. But I was just making my own post as a witness of yours. Sorry if I confused you.
sad.gif
(Tikikala;52909)
Jag:Can you cut down the quote?can you put ellipses to shorten it?It makes my scroll key hurts... xDWow, this is useful.(I am a high schooler... /sigh)I am glad that my school don't teach me TOO deep into it.I spent about like a week or two studying the basics of the evolution theory.(which according to my believes of theory, if "Big Bang" is still a theory, "evolution" might as well become unsolved. It will still be a theory 10 years from now)
How about I'll take off a very long quote for ya.
smile.gif

JoyfulSue

Jun 5, 2008
I honestly don't think you have to go too deeply into the Theory of Evolution to "punch holes in it". According to Darwin, all living creatures are thought to share a common ancestor: a relatively "simple" single-celled organism which evolved from inorganic matter (water + rock). In a nut-shell, his theory presumes the development of life from non-life. Proven scientific fact....living matter cannot evolve out of non-living matter!So, this brings us right back to the beginning of any living, breathing animal, whether it be apes, dogs, humans, etc. A Higher Being had to exist who created (breathed) life. And that Being is God Almighty!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(JoyfulSue;53015)
I honestly don't think you have to go too deeply into the Theory of Evolution to "punch holes in it". According to Darwin, all living creatures are thought to share a common ancestor: a relatively "simple" single-celled organism which evolved from inorganic matter (water + rock). In a nut-shell, his theory presumes the development of life from non-life. Proven scientific fact....living matter cannot evolve out of non-living matter!So, this brings us right back to the beginning of any living, breathing animal, whether it be apes, dogs, humans, etc. A Higher Being had to exist who created (breathed) life. And that Being is God Almighty!
Ya know Sue, there was once a theory that life just spontaneously generated itself. For example, if there was a dead animal lying there and maggots formed, they used to think that they just formed from the flesh of the dead animal. Of course scientists today just laugh at the idea of spontaneous generation. They now know for example that maggots are fly larva and have been laid, ie. little fly babies that merely feed off the dead animal.Yet, with evolution, at some point in time there was supposed to have been a lightning bolt or something to that effect make organic matter in the earth's primordial soup that just strung together (by chance) to make some first living organism. Now, does this sound like spontaneous generation-like or what? It does to me and sounds contradictory. If it's not, what am I missing here?
rolleyes.gif