Do Messianic Jews Support Building Of A New Temple?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Are Messianic Jews being taught to support the rebuilding of another temple in Jerusalem today? Do they have that doctrine in their teachings?

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
Are Messianic Jews being taught to support the rebuilding of another temple in Jerusalem today? Do they have that doctrine in their teachings?

I don't know for sure, but my assumption would be no. They might see the rebuilding of the temple as a sign of the endtimes, but I don't think they support it from a religious standpoint, but I could be wrong.

Joshua David

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I have some friends that are Messianic Jews which are unsure about supporting it, when they should not be.

Then I have some Christian friends that go to Christian Churches which do support it, when they should not.

Supporting the nation of Israel against their enemies is one thing (which I support), but siding with them on a new temple to start Old Covenant worship again is another thing (which I do not support).

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
I have some friends that are Messianic Jews which are unsure about supporting it, when they should not be.

Then I have some Christian friends that go to Christian Churches which do support it, when they should not.

Supporting the nation of Israel against their enemies is one thing (which I support), but siding with them on a new temple to start Old Covenant worship again is another thing (which I do not support).

I don't support it, because I know that Jesus was our ultimate sacrifice, but I do believe that the temple will be rebuilt, because it's rebuilding has been prophesied. When I see the news talking about how close they are to rebuilding the temple, it gets me excited, not because of what the temple means to the Jews, but because I know that means that the endtimes are here, and soon and very soon, I am going to see the King.

Though I do believe that the sacrifices will be instituted during the Millennium Reign as a memorial to Jesus' sacrifice. But I am not dogmatic on that point, and I believe that the temple that is used during the Millennium will be Ezekiel's temple.

Joshua David

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I don't support it, because I know that Jesus was our ultimate sacrifice, but I do believe that the temple will be rebuilt, because it's rebuilding has been prophesied. When I see the news talking about how close they are to rebuilding the temple, it gets me excited, not because of what the temple means to the Jews, but because I know that means that the endtimes are here, and soon and very soon, I am going to see the King.

Though I do believe that the sacrifices will be instituted during the Millennium Reign as a memorial to Jesus' sacrifice. But I am not dogmatic on that point, and I believe that the temple that is used during the Millennium will be Ezekiel's temple.

Joshua David

The establishing of Christ's Millennial Temple on earth is what the temple description of Ezekiel 40 forward is about. It is NOWHERE written there that man on earth builds it. Nor is it written anywhere else in God's Word that man will build it.

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011

The establishing of Christ's Millennial Temple on earth is what the temple description of Ezekiel 40 forward is about. It is NOWHERE written there that man on earth builds it. Nor is it written anywhere else in God's Word that man will build it.

I don't believe that I ever claimed that man would build that temple, all I said, was that the temple described in Ezekiel would be rebuilt.

Joshua David

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It could be built by man, or Angels, or God himself. My point is not who builds it, but that it will be built.

Joshua David

In other words, you just don't know.

I cannot find anywhere in God's Word that declares the temple of Ezekiel 40 forward is built by man.

But I can find Scripture in Revelation that declares the New Jerusalem will come down to this earth from God out of Heaven. And that's what the Ezekiel 40 forward Scripture is about, the New Jerusalem. God's House on earth in Ezek.40 forward is only one part of His descriptions there. God's River and the many trees pointing to the tree of life is also described in greater detail there.

Do you really think those in Jerusalem today can mimic all that for today with their plans to build God's temple for Him?

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011

In other words, you just don't know.

I cannot find anywhere in God's Word that declares the temple of Ezekiel 40 forward is built by man.

But I can find Scripture in Revelation that declares the New Jerusalem will come down to this earth from God out of Heaven. And that's what the Ezekiel 40 forward Scripture is about, the New Jerusalem. God's House on earth in Ezek.40 forward is only one part of His descriptions there. God's River and the many trees pointing to the tree of life is also described in greater detail there.

Do you really think those in Jerusalem today can mimic all that for today with their plans to build God's temple for Him?

Sorry, I would have to disagree with you. The Ezek 40 temple will not be located in New Jerusalem. We know this because there will not be a temple in the New Jerusalem.

Rev 21:22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
[font="Verdana][size="3"]
[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="3"]Joshua David
[/size][/font]

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the new temple.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007

Joshua David

That's basically how I see it. I am a member and supported the temple institute in Israel. From what I gather, they see building the temple related to the coming messiah. Of course as I help them, I realize that this is the man-made temple that the beast will one day do his abomination thing in. (I am just helping the end times come about :lol: )

Then, when Christ comes, he will build the temple. The temple in Ezekiel at the end of the book is the millennial temple, not the same one they want to build now. The sacrifices, as I understand it, will be a memorial and to show the meaning of what redemption for mankind is all about. The millennium is a time of learning and salvation of most people on this earth. The church are the special few called out of this world (the firstfruits) to rule and reign with Christ, and as priests will teach the people.

Tehilah BaAretz

Apr 19, 2011
Jerusalem, Israel
The next temple will be holy until it is defiled by the Anti-Christ. I support all things that are Holy. The fact that the Anti-Christ will defile the Temple is not my problem. By the way, saying bad things about what God calls Holy is probably a mistake.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
The next temple will be holy until it is defiled by the Anti-Christ. I support all things that are Holy. The fact that the Anti-Christ will defile the Temple is not my problem. By the way, saying bad things about what God calls Holy is probably a mistake.

Yeah, I agree. I had some flack from other Christians about supporting the temple, even though Paul calls it the temple of God before the beast does his abomination thing in it. Most Christians see only one side of the coin theologically and usually in a "spiritual" fulfillment. They will say that we are the temple or the new Israel, and then fail to see the earthly side of the coin. It's as if the coin landed on heads and just because one does not see "tails" they argue it's not there! Incredible.

I joked that I also wanted some stake in the holy temple so that when the beast defiles it, I have something personal against him. You think the Lord will allow us to give him one kick in the asteroid before sending him to the lake of fire? :lol:

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Sorry, I would have to disagree with you. The Ezek 40 temple will not be located in New Jerusalem. We know this because there will not be a temple in the New Jerusalem.

Rev 21:22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Joshua David

I used to believe that too, before I understood what Christ's thousand years reign was about...

Ezek 41:1
1 Afterward he brought me to the temple, and measured the posts, six cubits broad on the one side, and six cubits broad on the other side, which was the breadth of the tabernacle.
(KJV)

In Ezek.47 you'll find that God's River begins flowing at the Altar going outside the House to feed waters in the Middleast. That word "temple" is the same Hebrew word used for the previous temples at Jerusalem.

After the thousand years is when there will be no more temple, which is the Rev.21:22 verse you're talking about.

I cannot and will not, take part in plans to build a temple that is being built to serve the Antichrist. Deceived Judah may have good intentions with building it, but their good intentions cannot replace what our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ did upon the cross for us all, regardless that some still refuse to accept His Sacrifice.

If our Lord looked upon this temple as being of His work, then He would not have shown His disciples in Mark 13 how there won't be one stone on top of another there when He returns.

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
I used to believe that too, before I understood what Christ's thousand years reign was about...

Ezek 41:1
1 Afterward he brought me to the temple, and measured the posts, six cubits broad on the one side, and six cubits broad on the other side, which was the breadth of the tabernacle.
(KJV)

In Ezek.47 you'll find that God's River begins flowing at the Altar going outside the House to feed waters in the Middleast. That word "temple" is the same Hebrew word used for the previous temples at Jerusalem.

After the thousand years is when there will be no more temple, which is the Rev.21:22 verse you're talking about.

I cannot and will not, take part in plans to build a temple that is being built to serve the Antichrist. Deceived Judah may have good intentions with building it, but their good intentions cannot replace what our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ did upon the cross for us all, regardless that some still refuse to accept His Sacrifice.

If our Lord looked upon this temple as being of His work, then He would not have shown His disciples in Mark 13 how there won't be one stone on top of another there when He returns.

This is one of the reasons that I do not belief that it will be located in New Jerusalem. The city of New Jerusalem is as big as a small continent. Slightly larger than have the size of the entire United States. It would engulf the Middle-east. I see the Ezek temple being built outside of earthly Jerusalem, while New Jerusalem will be suspended above the earth.

Joshua David

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
This is one of the reasons that I do not belief that it will be located in New Jerusalem. The city of New Jerusalem is as big as a small continent. Slightly larger than have the size of the entire United States. It would engulf the Middle-east. I see the Ezek temple being built outside of earthly Jerusalem, while New Jerusalem will be suspended above the earth.

Joshua David

Because of the coming false messiah, I believe it MUST be built in Jerusalem, upon the Temple Mount (which is the actual plan today by orthodox Judah in Jerusalem). The whole working is mainly about the antichrist trying to usurp God's Place in Jerusalem where He said He will dwell forever.

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011

Because of the coming false messiah, I believe it MUST be built in Jerusalem, upon the Temple Mount (which is the actual plan today by orthodox Judah in Jerusalem). The whole working is mainly about the antichrist trying to usurp God's Place in Jerusalem where He said He will dwell forever.

No I am not talking about the temple that they are preparing to build now, I am talking about the Millennium Temple talked about in Ezek.

Joshua David

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
No I am not talking about the temple that they are preparing to build now, I am talking about the Millennium Temple talked about in Ezek. Joshua David

Ezek 47:8-10
8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.
9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.
10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.
(KJV)

Engedi and Eneglaim are places on the west side of the Dead Sea.

The waters that issue out of the sanctuary and go toward the east country into the desert puts God's House just west of that. The waters also going westward into the sea (Great Sea) points to that River also flowing westward of the House. It situates God's House on earth during the Millennium in the area of where Jerusalem is today. And afterall, Christ's return and the gathering of His elect is to the valley that is formed where the Mount of Olives is today, just east of Jerusalem.

The fact that there will exist a River of waters originating from within God's House, and it's on earth at that time, reveals there's going to be some earth changes even for the time of Christ's Millennium reign.