Do Not Be Deceived - This is the Ultimate Reality - Eternal Life or Eternal Fire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I understand that there is a difference between the lake of fire and hell. And that this is the final destination for those who are judged.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Revelation 20:14 KJV
i'm curious if reading the verse in the orig would change your opinion any forrest?
14Then death and the grave were cast into the lake of fire.

20all go to the same place
19...and you and your sons will be here with me

or how do you reconcile these? ty

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
i'm curious if reading the verse in the orig would change your opinion any forrest?
14Then death and the grave were cast into the lake of fire.

No, I'm aware of the different words translated as hell. And I was vague for this reason.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No, I'm aware of the different words translated as hell. And I was vague for this reason.
if you define (for yourself of course, a working definition i mean) where The Revelation of Christ occurs, and then read The Revelation of Christ from that perspective, the interpretation will change imo. Where is Christ revealed
to forestall someone thinking i am being coy here i am not giving a def bc i don't know what it is, or there are more than one answer maybe, dunno

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i suspect nowadays whenever someone says Jesus they really mean Nehushtan
prolly exceptions tho

I have seen this reference to the brazen serpent here a few times. What do you mean by that?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
if you define (for yourself of course, a working definition i mean) where The Revelation of Christ occurs, and then read The Revelation of Christ from that perspective, the interpretation will change imo. Where is Christ revealed
to forestall someone thinking i am being coy here i am not giving a def bc i don't know what it is, or there are more than one answer maybe, dunno

I apologize, this does not compute.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i suspect nowadays whenever someone says Jesus they really mean Nehushtan
prolly exceptions tho
So what you are attempting to do is label all Christians as idolaters. In that case why are you spending your time on a Christian forum? Join the enemies of Christians and Christ somewhere else. I'm sure Muslims would love your input. Or repent and be converted.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Muslims are cautioned many times to follow Christ or be doomed, but ty for the opinion
the path is narrow, and few there are who find it
and Nehushtan is an excellent imo pre-incarnate Jesus, especially as it describes how so many currently perceive Jesus, kind of as a talisman to look at when they get snake-bit, so to speak
I have seen this reference to the brazen serpent here a few times. What do you mean by that?
um well my interpretation currently is that ppl seek a god to "worship" in Jesus, another deity to light candles to, and bow and scrape to, a la the Two Greeks who came to worship Jesus, rather than follow, pick up our crosses and follow. But i say this only bc it mirrors my walk, and i read the the Priest (me) has to break up Nehushtan. We have a Nehushtan thread that might 'splain better, or i guess you could always ask Enoch maybe? i think it is a step every Christian goes through, or should anyway, but then many Christians may not "worship" Jesus like that at all? dunno

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
um well my interpretation currently is that ppl seek a god to "worship" in Jesus, another deity to light candles to, and bow and scrape to, a la the Two Greeks who came to worship Jesus, rather than follow, pick up our crosses and follow. But i say this only bc it mirrors my walk, and i read the the Priest (me) has to break up Nehushtan. We have a Nehushtan thread that might 'splain better, or i guess you could always ask Enoch maybe? i think it is a step every Christian goes through, or should anyway, but then many Christians may not "worship" Jesus like that at all? dunno

Like Jesus as an idol. Sure...that happens a lot. Many believers have a hard time with the humanity of Jesus.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I apologize, this does not compute.
sorry, if your perspective is that Christ will be revealed to the whole world simultaneously you will interpret differently than if your premise is that Christ is revealed to each in their turn, and either perspective is optional, at least for purposes of study imo. The truth is not going to be affected either way, at least i don't think it will

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry, if your perspective is that Christ will be revealed to the whole world simultaneously you will interpret differently than if your premise is that Christ is revealed to each in their turn, and either perspective is optional, at least for purposes of study imo. The truth is not going to be affected either way, at least i don't think it will
Would not Christ being initially revealed simultaneously kind of remove the personal aspect of our relationship with our Creator? Just a thought. And, of course, one would have to believe in a personal relationship with God. I do.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Would not Christ being initially revealed simultaneously kind of remove the personal aspect of our relationship with our Creator? Just a thought. And, of course, one would have to believe in a personal relationship with God. I do.
ya, i guess that is a pretty compelling point come to think of it!

Reactions: Nancy