Do not eat with what kinds of people?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus ate with sinners in Luke 5:

30 the Pharisees and their scribes grumbled at his disciples, saying, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?” 31 And Jesus answered them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.”
On the other hand, 1 Corinthians 5:

11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
Paul talked about people who claimed to be Christians and were unrepentant of their sins. It is okay to eat with sinners before they become believers, but it is not okay to eat with habitual sinners who claim to be believers.

See also

Reactions: amadeus

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cannibals. Definitely cannibals.

But yeah, eating with believers who live in sin is de facto condoning their lifestyle.

• Haha
Reactions: Lambano

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cannibals. Definitely cannibals.

But yeah, eating with believers who live in sin is de facto condoning their lifestyle.
Makes it tough to eat in a restaurant, eh? How about a potluck at church?

"Okay, folks, Shirley brought her special chicken casserole and my wife made peach cobbler. Anyone here sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler? Fred, Tom, Betty, we admire your honesty, but GET OUT."

• Haha
Reactions: Lambano

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Makes it tough to eat in a restaurant, eh? How about a potluck at church?

"Okay, folks, Shirley brought her special chicken casserole and my wife made peach cobbler. Anyone here sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler? Fred, Tom, Betty, we admire your honesty, but GET OUT."
You

The point