Do the Jews read the prophets?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am wondering if the Jews read more than just the first five books of the Bible. I have been reading through the prophets lately and I just see Jesus everywhere. I just don't see how you could read the prophets and not see Jesus. I mean things like "they will look upon me who they pierced" etc. Obviously it is about Jesus. Forgive my ignorance. I am just trying to see why they would reject our messiah.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet the LORD has not given you a heart to perceive and eyes to see and ears to hear, to this very day.
(Deuteronomy 29:4)

Let their table become a snare before them,
And their well-being a trap.
Let their eyes be darkened, so

that they do not see;
And make their loins shake continually.
(Psalms 69:22-23)

For the LORD has poured out on you
The spirit of deep sleep,
And has closed your eyes,

namely, the prophets;
And He has covered your heads,
namely, the seers.
(Isaiah 29:10)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am wondering if the Jews read more than just the first five books of the Bible. I have been reading through the prophets lately and I just see Jesus everywhere. I just don't see how you could read the prophets and not see Jesus. I mean things like "they will look upon me who they pierced" etc. Obviously it is about Jesus. Forgive my ignorance. I am just trying to see why they would reject our messiah.
The very reason why JESUS said . They are not his sheep . His sheep consists of believing jews and gentiles .
Those who hear our gosple , those who hear are words are of GOD , those who do not , KNOW NOT GOD . As JOHN SAID TOO .

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Orthodox Jews don't acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah for the same reason why Romanists teaches about a Jesus that supposedly came to abolish the Law: both groups' perception of the biblical Christ are based around a failure to understand and honestly read OT prophecy.

The Orthodox Jews continue to reject Christ in part because Romanists teach a false messiah that came to oppose the Law. And according to what the Law and Prophets say, anyone person who teaches against the Law is to be dismissed as a liar. The Orthodox Jews' perception of biblical Christianity is ironically the fault of Romanists teaching lies in Christ's name. Until Romanists stop rejecting the biblical Christ, they cannot logically expect Orthodox Jews to stop doing the same thing.