Do the Law Preachers Here Get Circumcised as the Law Commands?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand the purpose of your thread.

Only traditional Jewish males are required to be circumcised. Christians are not.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand the purpose of your thread.

Only traditional Jewish males are required to be circumcised. Christians are not.
I doubt that I'll get any answers anyway. lol

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reckon that for most men, that decision is made by their parents when they are a wee baby.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reckon that for most men, that decision is made by their parents when they are a wee baby.
Probably true. I was mainly wondering if any of the Law preachers also preach circumcision.

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By doctors?
There is the issue of whether Galatians 5:2 is speaking against becoming circumcised for any reason or whether it was only speaking against incorrect reasons. If it is for any reason, then Paul causes Christ to be of no value to Timothy when he had him circumcised right after the Jerusalem Council (Acts 16:3) and Christ is of no value to roughly 80% of the men in the US. In Acts 15:1, men from Judea were wanting to require Gentiles to become circumcised in order to become saved, however, that was never the reason for which God commanded circumcision, so the Jerusalem Council upheld God's law by correctly ruling against requiring circumcision for an incorrect reason, which should not be mistaken as being a ruling against becoming circumcised for the purposes for which God commanded it. For example, in Genesis 12:48, a Gentile who wanted to eat of the Passover lamb is required to become circumcised and I see no reason to think that a Gentile who was acting in accordance with what God instructed would be causing Christ to be of no value to them.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is the issue of whether Galatians 5:2 is speaking against becoming circumcised for any reason or whether it was only speaking against incorrect reasons. If it is for any reason, then Paul causes Christ to be of no value to Timothy when he had him circumcised right after the Jerusalem Council (Acts 16:3) and Christ is of no value to roughly 80% of the men in the US. In Acts 15:1, men from Judea were wanting to require Gentiles to become circumcised in order to become saved, however, that was never the reason for which God commanded circumcision, so the Jerusalem Council upheld God's law by correctly ruling against requiring circumcision for an incorrect reason, which should not be mistaken as being a ruling against becoming circumcised for the purposes for which God commanded it. For example, in Genesis 12:48, a Gentile who wanted to eat of the Passover lamb is required to become circumcised and I see no reason to think that a Gentile who was acting in accordance with what God instructed would be causing Christ to be of no value to them.
Do you obey the Law of circumcision or not?

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you tell men to get circumcised to obey the Law?
There is a huge difference between affirming circumcision for the purposes for which God commanded it, such as if a Gentile wanted to eat of the Passover lamb (Genesis 12:48) and speaking against circumcision for the purposes for which God did not command it, such as in order to become saved.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a huge difference between affirming circumcision for the purposes for which God commanded it, such as if a Gentile wanted to eat of the Passover lamb (Genesis 12:48) and speaking against circumcision for the purposes for which God did not command it, such as in order to become saved.
So you have advised men to be circumcised to obey the Law?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SIMPLE question, that requires a very simple answer, yes or no? Or maybe you're struggling with what Paul who wrote more Books in the Bible than ANYONE said?

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Do the Law Preachers Here Get Circumcised as the Law Commands?​

By doctors?
Do you love your enemies and forgive them as Jesus taught us or do you have plenty of accusations and blame for them?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course. That's why I try to pull them from the everlasting fire known as Hell, that Jesus warned us of several times.

Certainly!

I defend the Christian Bible. That's what Christians do.
Forgiveness and accusations or blame are incongruent. There are plenty who claim they defend the Bible.....but what is it they defend? the murderous accounts of different kings? genocide? the subjugation of women, the right to own slaves? John and James's desire to incinerate the Samaritans? Judas's betrayal? Lot's willingness to send his daughters out to a frenzied mob? Abraham lying to Pharaoh and Abimelech? .....The Bible has all manner of accounts. So what is it you defend?

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a great question in my opinion; and a fair one. From what I've observed, many "torah observers" seem to pick a choose which laws they think are relevant for them.
Exactly! It's obvious.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgiveness and accusations or blame are incongruent. There are plenty who claim they defend the Bible.....but what is it they defend? the murderous accounts of different kings? genocide? the subjugation of women, the right to own slaves? John and James's desire to incinerate the Samaritans? Judas's betrayal? Lot's willingness to send his daughters out to a frenzied mob? Abraham lying to Pharaoh and Abimelech? .....The Bible has all manner of accounts. So what is it you defend?
2 Timothy 4:2-3
2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;

The 'Christian' church is a FILTHY mess! Satan has been BUSY!

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have advised men to become circumcised for the purposes for which God commanded it and not for the purposes for which God has not commanded it.

SIMPLE question, that requires a very simple answer, yes or no? Or maybe you're struggling with what Paul who wrote more Books in the Bible than ANYONE said?
I have no problem with Paul, just with your misunderstanding of him.