Do we have to present ourselves to God in everything?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
In everything we do and say beyond Sunday....everything? How we treat each other after the Church services on Sunday? How we guard the Word in light of Jn.8:51 also beyond Sunday? Can we dabble in the world when no one is watching us during the week?

Old curious Jack that doesn't like the world that much anymore

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I'd say yes to all questions but one: what do you mean by dabble in the world?

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
shturt678 said:
In everything we do and say beyond Sunday....everything? How we treat each other after the Church services on Sunday? How we guard the Word in light of Jn.8:51 also beyond Sunday? Can we dabble in the world when no one is watching us during the week?

Old curious Jack that doesn't like the world that much anymore
No dabblin here Ol Jack.............................that was all washed out, away, extinquished, capoot....when we were saved..........
The world hurts our ears, head, heart, flesh...and most defintely..................our new spirit.
If I go to the world........Jesus sits in the car...............that is if i join the world..............now if I take Jesus with me to the lost.......
Then things get done....But He drives.........for He layed on my heart where to go into the world.

And I'm like you 24/7..... always battling..........striving to win.......

Many say satan or hell doesn't exist.....................exactly what satan wants them to believe.
Many say...I don't give the devil the time of day.................exactly.........why should he bug you.

Christians need to be threat to this adversary..........................

Christian Are You A Threat ?

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
lforrest said:
I'd say yes to all questions but one: what do you mean by dabble in the world?
Thank you again for your response!

Not having much time to get into the Word and prayer except to tell others "God bless you," and place the Bible on the dash so others can see how religious you are. The rest of the week T.V., parties, Vegas, and etc, ie, anything but the Word till Sunday then make sure you sit in the front row with the Bible open sort of thing...more of the world during the week than in the world.

Old sitting in sinners row in the very back of the church with an aloha shirt, and slippers

RANDOR said:
No dabblin here Ol Jack.............................that was all washed out, away, extinquished, capoot....when we were saved..........
The world hurts our ears, head, heart, flesh...and most defintely..................our new spirit.
If I go to the world........Jesus sits in the car...............that is if i join the world..............now if I take Jesus with me to the lost.......
Then things get done....But He drives.........for He layed on my heart where to go into the world.

And I'm like you 24/7..... always battling..........striving to win.......

Many say satan or hell doesn't exist.....................exactly what satan wants them to believe.
Many say...I don't give the devil the time of day.................exactly.........why should he bug you.

Christians need to be threat to this adversary..........................

Christian Are You A Threat ?
Great! You're a threat to me now with your full on 24/7, however going to now praise our Lord now 25/8 instead of 24/7, ie, He should be happy with this. Michael the archangel worked over the devil long ago, and he's still trying to recover.

What a friend we have in the Godman Jesus. No time for T.V. and Vegas...time too short, his Return thus the Word even in our sleep. You won't make any money or influence Christian friends on a full on 24/7?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The way I see it, if it wasn't for the spreading of the gospel to the lost God would have saw fit to remove us from this world ASAP. Imagine if anyone that accepted the gospel immediately dropped dead... I doubt there would be many takers for the gospel.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
lforrest said:
The way I see it, if it wasn't for the spreading of the gospel to the lost God would have saw fit to remove us from this world ASAP. Imagine if anyone that accepted the gospel immediately dropped dead... I doubt there would be many takers for the gospel.
I agree, we pull ourselves away from the T.V., postpone that trip to Disney land and Vegas, and go and tell someone about Jesus. Or we just show up to Church on Sunday letting them get the Word out? I choose the former without neglecting the latter.

Old Jack's opinion

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should live as Christ's servants would because if have Him as our Lord then we are His servants and should live as such.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lforrest said:
I tend to think we need a lifetime of practice loving God and neighbor