Do We Need A Different Reality Consciousness?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Albert Finch

Apr 13, 2009
Houston, Texas USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way to consistently do Kingdom works is to view reality from God's perspective. The mind is the essential tool in bringing Kingdom reality to the problems and crisis people face. God has made it to be the gatekeeper of the supernatural.

In the transfiguration of Jesus He talked with Moses and Elijah. The reality of heaven radiated through Jesus, and He shone with incredible brilliance. His body revealed the reality of another world. The word "transfigured" in Matthew 17:2 & Mark 9:2 is the same word for transformed in Romans 12:2.

The renewed mind, then, reflects the reality of another world in the same way Jesus shone with heaven's brilliance. It's not just that our thoughts are different, but that our way of thinking is transformed because we think from a different reality - from heaven toward earth! That is the transformed perspective.

Affirmations:
MY RENEWED MIND ENABLES ME TO PROVE THE WILL OF GOD.

I WILL PROVE THE WILL OF GOD WHEN I PUT ON DISPLAY THE REALITY OF HEAVEN.

AS I COME INTO AGREEMENT WITH GOD'S INTENDED COMMISSION, MY MIND BECOMES A POWERFUL TOOL IN GOD'S HANDS.

Jeremiah 6:19 - Hear, O earth! Behold, I will certainly bring calamity on this people - The fruit of their thoughts, because they have not heeded My words nor My law, but rejected it.

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013
Affirmations that sound like Mantras. "My mind" - "I will" - "as I come into". That's the first time I read things like that since my youth when I was reading books about eastern mysticsm. Are you sure you know what you are doing?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Affirmations that sound like Mantras. "My mind" - "I will" - "as I come into". That's the first time I read things like that since my youth when I was reading books about eastern mysticsm. Are you sure you know what you are doing?
The mind is where all the battles are fought and one., when we give ourselves over to Him, than our minds are renewed , His thoughts become our thoughts and we walk in agreement

Rom_12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

But we must believe we can hear from Him or the battle is already lost.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not what Paul teaches in Ephesians 6:12-13
And may I ask where it is that the enemy attacks. It doesnt disagree wtih him at all.

Rom_7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom_7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Luk_12:29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

There are more if you should choose to look.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
And may I ask where it is that the enemy attacks. It doesnt disagree wtih him at all.
Rom_7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom_7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Luk_12:29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
There are more if you should choose to look.
Did you not read Ephesians 6:12-13? You seem to always throw back scripture when you're quoted scripture and not deal with the scripture your quoted? Why is that I wonder?

Rom 7 is about being released from the law and being bound to Christ.

Luke 12 is about relying on Jesus for everything

Romans 8 is about living a spiritual life instead of a carnal life.

Sounds to me like you don't really know what these verses are saying so I'm not really interested in you presenting any more of them.
But I would be interested in you presenting scripture that is relevant to this issue I addressed.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sounds to me like you don't really know what these verses are saying so I'm not really interested in you presenting any more of them.
But I would be interested in you presenting scripture that is relevant to this issue I addressed.
Thats ok Stan, but i guess you missed it all, guess where those battles are one and lost, in one mind, if one is not convinced than ones mind is at disagreement, Ie if one is convinced that God has nothing to say, than what good would it do for Him to speak, If one is convinced in the mind they need to keep the law, just try changing their mind. Why do you think God has so many problems with man, they get convicned of something and they wont change their minds. All those "spiritual" battles are fought not just in the spirit but in teh mind, that is why it is such a great big battle ground. So yes i do know, but I cant convice you because your mind set is to argue and I cant change that.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
Thats ok Stan, but i guess you missed it all, guess where those battles are one and lost, in one mind, if one is not convinced than ones mind is at disagreement, Ie if one is convinced that God has nothing to say, than what good would it do for Him to speak, If one is convinced in the mind they need to keep the law, just try changing their mind. Why do you think God has so many problems with man, they get convicned of something and they wont change their minds. All those "spiritual" battles are fought not just in the spirit but in teh mind, that is why it is such a great big battle ground. So yes i do know, but I cant convice you because your mind set is to argue and I cant change that.
What's okay? As far as I'm concerned it's not okay that you don't know. But if you're admitting that you don't know then that's fine just read my posts and they'll tell you. Ignoring my Paul teaches in Ephesians it's not really going to help you to understand anything. Our fight is a spiritual one not a physical or a mental one and the sooner people realize that the quicker they will be to learn how to turn to God when they find themselves in a battle. You can't fight a spiritual battle unless you feed yourself spiritually. The difference between us and animals is that we have spirit which is our consciousness. They are one in the same. Just because I challenge you on what you assert doesn't mean my mind is set to argue it means my mind is set on God's word and when I read something that is contrary to God's word yes I make an issue about it. If you don't want me to make an issue about things you say then don't say them.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The only way to consistently do Kingdom works is to view reality from God's perspective. The mind is the essential tool in bringing Kingdom reality to the problems and crisis people face. God has made it to be the gatekeeper of the supernatural.
I disagree on your point that God has made our minds a gatekeeper of the supernatural. Our minds are where we struggle between flesh and the Spirit. It now has a conscious reality of sin whereas before the cross ~ sins committed under the law where passed over due to God's grace toward his chosen nation through yearly priesthood rituals until Christ comes and those who were without the law did not have such a covenant until Christ became the sacrificial lamb and we believed in him by grace through faith.

To renew ones mind is to be more like Christ and to walk and think and behave as he did. We do this through the understanding that the Holy Spirit gives us in our relationship with him. The Holy Spirit is the doorway in being able to live a life on earth in a supernatural way and to understand God desire for our life, for his kingdom and his glory.

Shalom!

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013
Affirmations — What Are They? - SelfGrowth.com : "If we repeat this affirmation to ourselves enough times, we will begin to believe it. Then we will begin to act out ... Emptiness of all thought, which can be practiced in meditation, or deep contemplative prayer, opens a door to something greater, something so far beyond thoughts and ideas" --- What these 'apostles of self' are proposing is self-salvation by using psycho tecs like contemplative affirmations. That's the connection to mantras and eastern mysticism, that requires speaking things into reality, by repetition and emptiness of all thought. Transformation through practise of 'whatever works on a human mind'. It's the religion of self, about self, for self. Yes it does "open a door to something greater" but it is not God or the Holy Spirit. Real change of the mind comes by revelation through the Holy Ghost, not human self effort. Intellect and psycho tricks only go so far, we can be confronted with the truth and still not see it as truth, because of a spirit that makes us believe the opposite regardless of any evidence. Once you see that you stop thinking like a mechanic that tries to fix his own mind, and start praying for spiritual revival by faith and fully expect Jesus to answer your prayer.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Phil 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why use affirmation when you have the power of the Holy Spirit? Prayer and keeping your eyes on Christ should suffice. You shouldn't need to affirm/ convince yourself everyday.... If your mind is that disrupted by the world, then you should probably take another approach. But, prayer and keeping your eyes on Him and seeking His kingdom is a better option.

Reactions: Angelina

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I find that Some of these posts tend to border on a self help type human nature, philosophical, belief system rather than on Christ's redeeming work on the cross and his Holy Spirit, the same Spirit that raised him from the dead, living within us. Blessed!

Reactions: Born_Again

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina said:
I find that Some of these posts tend to border on a self help type human nature, philosophical, belief system rather than on Christ's redeeming work on the cross and his Holy Spirit, the same Spirit that raised him from the dead, living within us. Blessed!
Amen, Sister! :)

Reactions: Angelina

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Angelina said:
Comes from the same logic that people use when they say the Bible says God helps them that help themselves.
This type of self-sufficiency always seems to attract people even though it's impossible for any of us to be self-sufficient when it comes to the things of God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh how the fool doth laugh.

2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

but i would rather be here

Php_4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

If one is convinced in ones own mind that God has nothing more to say,

1.They cannot receive revelation, for revelation comes from God and their minds will deny it.
2. they cannot be taught by teh Holy Spirit, for God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are in agreement, If God has nothing to say than neither do they, and again their minds will deny it.

Tha tis why teh bible says.

Rom_12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Because if your mind is not in ageement with God than you are walking in disobedience.

Mat_22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Or

It was important enough to be written about.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina said:
. Our minds are where we struggle between flesh and the Spirit.

Shalom!
I agree with everything that you said and I would add that the mind is the abiding place of our fleshly nature, since Paul teaches us that if we are in Christ, our spirits have been renewed and no longer have a fallen nature. Jesus spoke of evil deeds as coming from the heart and the Jewish biblical concept of "heart" dealt with it more as mind than as the seat of emotion. I am convinced that we should have a goal to be of the same mind as Christ, but as far as I can see this is only possible by following His Spirit in submission to His will (If you have the Holy Spirit's leading, you have the mind of Christ.)
The testimony of some very old believers that I've known is that the flesh remains strong all the days of our lives (and in some ways manifests itself to a greater degree when the body is no longer capable of satisfying its desires.) This wouldn't appear very encouraging, but Christian maturity also encompasses a growing familiarity with the Lord. That which endears us to Him also enables us obey Him, His love manifested to us. Having said these things, there is something of a change of perspective that comes with new life in Christ, but I wouldn't try to dress it up with snappy jargon. Sounds a little too much like the "positive thinking" doctrines from one of the cults. The one that I have in mind also thinks of the Holy Spirit as a force to be utilized rather than as a person of the trinity to be honored and obeyed.

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013
"RE: Holy Spirit as a force to be utilized rather than as a person of the trinity to be honored and obeyed." -- That is a serious problem, actually should get its own thread, very important subject. It's popular not only in 'cults' also in the popular mainstream team of 'Kenneth, Rodney Howard and Benny & Co.' -- especially Benny wrote a lot about 'a force' that comes over him in a sensual way. It's important to detect because where it will lead to, the acceptance of the little horn => Daniel 11:38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
--- that's why the Holy Spirit must also be explained in Biblical terms not just experienced, this is the endtimes and deception is at an all time high. Love requires the truth in all things, not tolerance of darkness for the sake of ecumenical unity.