Do you “carry” while at church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I carry most of the time.
It just so happens that I have not had the need to carry at church.
When I went to church overseas I did not have a gun on me.
On the eastern seaboard I did not feel the need to carry at church because there was so many law enforcement officers that were required to carry off duty....I mean everything from local police officers to FBI and secret service officers.
Here in Missouri...south east....kind of peaceful and besides the pickup trucks and SUV's in the parking lots had rifles and pistols in them.
If there was a need, I would have no problem with it.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
true, but trying to pretend that just because we wouldnt do something awful like that, others wont either is a luxury we cant follow. Its a dangerous world out there.
We just have to put our faith in Jehovah and Christ, that is what is required of us as Christians.

Law enforcement didn’t do anything during that school massacre, instead they stood outside armed and let the shooter kill innocent children and a teacher.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here in Britain guns are almost unknown and we have to use cricket bats for defence..:)
Food for thought-
Peter carried a sword, possibly as a deterrent to muggers on their travels and Jesus didn't seem to object, thereby indicating that weapons are not evil in themselves.
Below: Peter in action-
"Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant and cut off his right ear." (John 18:10)

peter-with-sword.jpg

Reactions: Stan B

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder why Peter carried a sword??

Then Simon Peter drew his sword and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear. Matt 26

Those making the appeal to not defend, miss that point. On purpose.

We have two off duty officers that are required to carry while off duty. Both carry during services. My gun stays inside the locked glove compartment.

Reactions: Stan B

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to but I really don’t care anymore. If It is my time, it’s my time. Plus there are plenty of carriers in my church.