Do you believe building on spiritual foundations found on and in Christ are beneficial to you in the afterlife?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read these scriptures before by Paul writing to the Galatians?

Galatians 6:7-9​

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Please take a look here, and tell me if building on spiritual things are not beneficial to a person in their life having chosen to live a life for God and have love for God first, and to love others, with and by walking in faith, by the spirit, in faith of the Gospel of Christ.

Jesus says this to his disciples, do you remember this too?

Matthew 6
Treasures in Heaven
(Luke 12:32–34)

19Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rustc destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

So I do believe that a persons spiritual building they build on Christ, will go on with that person in the after life, and God will reward them.

Hebrews 11:6 He that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him"

I believe this all has to do with the spiritual body a person builds up now; strong in faith towards God and confidence in the Gospel of Christ, to live a life for God and to love God and to love others, in Christ - as hard as it is dying to the self as Paul talks about in Romans, and perhaps one other place. It is about dying with Christ, being buried with Christ, and being raised again in Christ.

These of course are my opinions from my understand of scripture and I am capable of being wrong just like any other person but please hear me out on why I see the reason for the life of the believer to be built up on spiritual foundation, in spiritual principles that help them life (through all the body aches, people lost, bad or good experiences - with God in it.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Please take a look here, and tell me if building on spiritual things are not beneficial to a person in their life having chosen to live a life for God and have love for God first, and to love others, with and by walking in faith, by the spirit, in faith of the Gospel of Christ.

Matthew 6
Treasures in Heaven

19Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rustc destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

So I do believe that a persons spiritual building they build on Christ, will go on with that person in the after life, and God will reward them.

Hebrews 11:6 He that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him"

I believe this all has to do with the spiritual body a person builds up now; strong in faith towards God and confidence in the Gospel of Christ, to live a life for God and to love God and to love others, in Christ - as hard as it is dying to the self as Paul talks about in Romans, and perhaps one other place. It is about dying with Christ, being buried with Christ, and being raised again in Christ.

These of course are my opinions from my understand of scripture and I am capable of being wrong just like any other person but please hear me out on why I see the reason for the life of the believer to be built up on spiritual foundation, in spiritual principles that help them life (through all the body aches, people lost, bad or good experiences - with God in it.
I think Jesus showed in His parables that is some manner we will all receive the same, but in another manner our reward will vary. And Paul speaks in 1 Corinthians 3 a different reward based on what we do.

Much love!

Reactions: MatthewG

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think Jesus showed in His parables that is some manner we will all receive the same, but in another manner our reward will vary. And Paul speaks in 1 Corinthians 3 a different reward based on what we do.

Much love!
the bible says that some will be called great in the kingdom of heaven and others least in the kingdom of heaven, but both are eligible to be in heaven, it's just some did greater than others in Christ.

Reactions: MatthewG and marks

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
in other words, those who are called great in the kingdom of heaven will have more and those who are called least in the kingdom of heaven will have less so I believe in this. it's just that I want to be called great in the kingdom of heaven but I don't know if I can get there :(

Reactions: pompadour

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s all predicated on what one wants to do with their life, it’s a choice daily to choose who you will serve; either God; or your own self. I’m not perfect; these principles are laid out by Jesus and Paul for a reason. I wouldn’t doubt your salvation or your faith in the gospel of Christ which puts you as made right with God (Romans 5). Everyone has to make that choice individually on their own to seek after God, and learn and grow knowing about him and to live in faith by the spirit.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are different glories according to Paul, as marks stated.

So therefore no matter what serving the Lord and building one’s self up on spiritual principles knowing that you are truly loved by God; praying for him to help you by the spirit; to love and to help you stay faithful towards God having love for God and man: seems like a good healthy practice.

Important things; the biggest thing is to don’t look at yourself and judge yourself by others and how they live their life. Examine yourself and see in heart what is there and ask God to help you with it. God is for you who could be against you?

Your self, by your mind/will/emotion that can cause doubt and feelings of insecurity. Trust God in faith.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 6
Treasures in Heaven

In answer to your question Matt, yes I do sir. We do not believe that the sheep and goats are separated now, we believe it still yet future. But if we can maintain our integrity now, each and every test we pass will strengthen our faith to endure. Remember a true disciple of Christ has to endure to the end to be saved sir Mat 24:13; this will be especially critical when satan is released at the end of the thousand years when the real test has to be passed for us to be granted everlasting life. If we cannot endure now, how will we endure then.

Another thing to consider is the time period, most of us think we are very near the return of Christ, by his return all sheep and goats will be separated and judged, the goats will be destroyed at that time, since they were executed by judgment, most likely God will not turn around and resurrect them, correct? So our building now is critical to be able to endure. How wonderful it would be to be among those who keep their integrity through the great tribulation, who actually have the prospect of being the only ones on earth's history who have never died.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is your view, so be it. It’s good to keep faith and build on Christ. Amen.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 6
Treasures in Heaven

Your post makes me think of “now in this time” “and in the world to come”; or “in this present time” “in the world (age)to come life.”

Mark 10:29-30 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that has left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, [30] But he will receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, (scary is why this is here…) with persecutions; and in the world (age) to come eternal life.
To me “now in this time” “with persecutions” is significant also with ‘ In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.’ John 16:33

Luke 18:29-30 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that has left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, [30] Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world (age)to come life everlasting. (That which remains)

Your post makes me think of “now in this time” “and in the world to come”; or “in this present time” “in the world (age) to come life.” …yet consider “Your Kingdom come”.

I could suggest the point is not His kingdom come after the coffin, but instead before the coffin “that you may have fruit of the Spirit of God” before the coffin …at “crucified with Christ” and “Alive unto God” otherwise how …what you said “I do believe that a persons spiritual building they build on Christ, will go on (remain) with that person in the (age)after life, and God will reward them.” Consider “will go on with” His Kingdom come before the coffin otherwise there would be no “go on (remain)with” of anything but hasn’t come yet before the coffin lid is shut. To me that is the hope in not after but before.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 2:

Jew and Gentile Reconciled Through Christ​

11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)—12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 6
Treasures in Heaven

Yes.

Reactions: MatthewG