Do you consider pizza to be "junk food"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you consider pizza to be "junk food"?

• Total voters

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Healthy pizza with a base made from couliflower eat as much as you want...lol

Ah, we have another Kiwi here. Thats at least 3 now. Their catching up to us Aussies.
I don't think iv bumped into you. G'day from across the Tasman. It would be late there now, wouldn't it?

Reactions: HisLife

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Michiah-Imla ... Perhaps you forgot this conversation the other day???????? You accused me of calling evil good... REMEMBER???

Interesting how being “a do gooder” is grounds for mocking these days…

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" (Isaiah 5:20)

Seriously... YOU win the prize for being the FIRST GUY to ever derail a thread about friggen PIZZA. It's good... eat it... enjoy it... have some beer too...it's good... drink it.

You took that WAY too personal.

That scripture was provided to provide caution, nothing more.

I prefer wine by the way…

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Anyways... PIZZA.... Pizza is good... pizza is great... NOT a junk food... in my opinion...

Edit... OH my goodness... @Cristo Rei ... I did not notice till now that you even included a survey... I don't like my opinions being COLLECTED...as it infringes on my privacy... HAHAHAHAH ( joke... )

Ok Y'all.. It's been a SLICE... Off to the beach to catch the ducks... almost 7:30 am here.

Last edited:

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Ah, we have another Kiwi here. Thats at least 3 now. Their catching up to us Aussies.
I don't think iv bumped into you. G'day from across the Tasman. It would be late there now, wouldn't it?

Hi there it's 11 not too late....I was going to go without dinner tonight as Addy encouraged me to diet.... then I found a thread about Pizza...But as I read some add a lot of rules even to pizzas....Thanks for the welcome :) Nice to meet you

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The ducklings are so beautiful.. with their fluff... and there is always one that is braver than the others... LOL... and don't get me started on their little feet paddling in the water.. OH my goodness... makes my heart melt.

Awww. Thats awesome. Attention to detail as well. U must be very close to them to see their paddling feet...

chicken-entenkuecken-ducks-duckling-raising-ducklings-pb-featured-750x420.jpg

Awww... Look at them... Hehehe... Are your ones yellow like these?

U know Barry. I learnt that his wife died so his a spencer.
He lives with his flock upstream and comes down before sunset to seduce people for food.

Reactions: amadeus and Rita

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Meet my DEAR friend @HisLife .... HE is the coolest of cool... This is what he looks like... I have a secret crush on him...

iu

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi there it's 11 not too late....I was going to go without dinner tonight as Addy encouraged me to diet.... then I found a thread about Pizza...But as I read some add a lot of rules even to pizzas....Thanks for the welcome :) Nice to meet you
YOU made me spit my coffee... YOU know where this is going right ???? I hate it when you are funnier than me.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Awww... Look at them... Hehehe... Are your ones yellow like these?

U know Barry. I learnt that his wife died so his a spencer.
He lives with his flock upstream and comes down before sunset to seduce people for food.
AWE.... Barry is a widower... OH poor Barry... and HAHAHAHA @seducing people for food... I am picturing Barry with a top hat and cane... doing the old time dance routine to Hello My BABY.... HAHAHAHHA

My little ducks are brown... not yellow...

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other Day one too many beers was a sin that sends you to hell now you like to drink wine, Sounds like Dangerous standards there....

"(…use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.)" (1 Timothy 5:23)

"You cause the grass to grow for the livestock and …wine to gladden the heart of man" (Psalms 104:14-15)

"Bread is made for laughter, and wine gladdens life" (Ecclesiastes 10:19)

And someone mentioned that bread was a base for pizza?

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Pineapple Pizza'
The first time..I ate.
- In Brazil!
---
I was on a mission trip..years ago.
After the meetings, we had pizza..for snack.
- They gave us.. all kinds/many.
'Pineapple Pizza' was one of them.
- I liked it.
---
Brazilian food/meal
- Excellent..

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
'Pineapple Pizza'
The first time..I ate.
- In Brazil!
---
- I liked it.
---
Brazilian food/meal
- Excellent..
You somehow managed to make pineapple on pizza sound GOOD.

Reactions: amadeus

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
'Pineapple Pizza'
The first time..I ate.
- In Brazil!
---
- I liked it.
---
Brazilian food/meal
- Excellent..

Over here a typical pizza shop will have Hawaiian pizza which has pineapple on it. Im not a fan of the sweet and savory mix.

My favourite Brasilian food is esptada

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over here a typical pizza shop will have Hawaiian pizza which has pineapple on it. Im not a fan of the sweet and savory mix.

My favourite Brasilian food is esptada
I found out ..about 'Hawaiian Pizza' here.
- After Brazil trip..
---
We had the Brazilian 'Buffet' during the trip..every day!
- All kinds of food..

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Junk food - pre-prepared or packaged food that has low nutritional value

The great Italian cuisine known as pizza has an unwarranted tag of being junk food.
I argue that it is not junk food as it has a high nutritional value.

The pizza base is bread which is a great source of carbohydrates.
It has meats like ham and peperoni which are great sources of protein.
And it has ingredients from all the other food groups with fresh vegetables like peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, olives and such...

So then... Why do people call pizza junk food?
I don't class it as junk food any more than fish and chips is junk food. But both can be bought at fast food outlets. Both are healthy and filling.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Heard the end of a discussion on the radio this morning. Someone suggested that the term "junk food" is just a sneery way of posh people looking down on oiks like us. It doesn't have much meaning. Low nutritional value foods is a better term but doesn't roll off the tongue so easily. But there was a claim that it's not so much food with high fat and sugar that are causing obesity as what is called "ultra processed food". This is food that is processed with ingredients that are themselves the result of much processing. The list of ingredients would be unrecognisable chemicals and additives.

Apparently there are a lot of studies to show this is the major cause of obesity.
Cook from basic natural ingredients - meat, vegetables, grains, pulses and fruit.