Do you consider pizza to be "junk food"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you consider pizza to be "junk food"?

• Total voters

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Over here a typical pizza shop will have Hawaiian pizza which has pineapple on it. Im not a fan of the sweet and savory mix.

My favourite Brasilian food is esptada

Ah I like the sweet and savory mix!

A lot of people will debate that pineapples don't belong on pizza though, but they are all wrong, pineapple goes well on pizza.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So then... Why do people call pizza junk food?
Any or all of these reasons:
1. Because they are ignorant of what is nutritious and what is not.
2. Because they have been indoctrinated by others.
3. Because they have not taken the time to properly evaluate foods

Reactions: Cristo Rei

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are either a YES pineapple of NO pineapple person... no in between... I don't hate it.. but I would never order it... lol
My wife also likes it so we do have pineapple on pizza every now and then. If there were no demand, there would probably be nothing to order!

Reactions: Josho

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
HA.... Leave it to ENOCH to make a conspiracy theory about PIZZA.... HAHAHAHAHAH

Hahaha... No his not... I like Enoch. His just blunt, thats all.
His the only one that answered my question as to why people call it junk food.
He layed down 3 reasons why people call it junk food. I liked them...:)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Any or all of these reasons:
1. Because they are ignorant of what is nutritious and what is not.
2. Because they have been indoctrinated by others.
3. Because they have not taken the time to properly evaluate foods

4. Because they may have been vaccinated against pizzas :rolleyes:

Reactions: Addy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Change the extra large ultimate cheese lovers pizza into a carrot stick on the way down, Father!!!!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wonder if the answers provided were because of the simple literal reading of the situation/ source.

On such a complex tasting subject as this, people with the simple literal reading simply just do not get it. Its the taste buds that determines the responses and how the stomach responds to the ingested food.

Its the rebounded food test that counts or the liquid projection when moon shining porcelain Percy.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"“But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap. For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”" (Luke 21:34-36)

"With respect to this they are surprised when you do not join them in the same flood of debauchery, and they malign you; but they will give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead." (1 Peter 4:4-5)

"Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8)

"Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him. An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules." (2 Timothy 2:3-5)

As a soldier on the battle field, (though our battle is spiritual) we must not get caught up in partying and pleasures.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." (Ephesians 6:12)

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." (Ephesians 6:13)

"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints" (Ephesians 6:18)

Wow, talk about being a hoot to party with...you take the cake. :)

Now, someone pass the all bacon pizza, please.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ah I like the sweet and savory mix!

A lot of people will debate that pineapples don't belong on pizza though, but they are all wrong, pineapple goes well on pizza.
My wife can not eat cooked pineapple she is allergic to it but can eat pineapple, but not if it's been cooked.
So I have never eaten a Pizza with pineapple for 30 years, so I can do without such.

I never ate Pizza until I started going out myself as my dad would never eat a Pizza and would never go Italian, I myself love Italian food the best ! we had a good place here with two old Italians the mum was the best and her hubby was good but their kids were hopeless cooks. they did not have that love to cook to impress, I took my wife to a Italian pizza place and this Italian owner was like really promoting himself to us that he could cook, ok bring it on I said and yep ! it was a great pizza and she said to finish it off drink this ! and yep ! that was spot on just like he said it would be.

I watch the muma cook and their is a fine art in when to add things at just the right time and temp all when cooking and if one just does not give such regard in cooking can make all the difference in the world.

Oh I love Mexican food as well.