Do you feel your sin just as I feel my sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it didn't say "The Ten Commandments" but from what I recall it did say in the Bible that we cannot enter the kingdom of heaven if we didn't do a list of things and there are things in the bible that is God's Word that we are to follow, not disregard and wilfully sin without a care; we may struggle in the beginning but we can also improve or God can eventually help us while we are still in this life on Earth.
I would like to see that list.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would like to see that list.
I don't mean to sound rude but if you're a Christian, and especially if you're a mature Christian, you're supposed to have read the whole Bible. The verses I'm talking about are in the NT, a short book, not a long book like in the OT. you should have read all that already.

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
---
God does not want us to do works of the flesh but to walk by the Spirit. We have to turn away (repent) of such things. For example, now that you know you shouldn't commit idolatry, you will not worship Buddha anymore or any other gods. Or now that you know you shouldn't have fits of anger, you need to act in a peaceful way and if it's difficult for you in the heat of the moment, you still did not wilfully/intentionally do it and you can ask God to help you. there is also another list, in the NT. With love, tl_p.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mean to sound rude but if you're a Christian, and especially if you're a mature Christian, you're supposed to have read the whole Bible. The verses I'm talking about are in the NT, a short book, not a long book like in the OT. you should have read all that already.

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
---
God does not want us to do works of the flesh but to walk by the Spirit. We have to turn away (repent) of such things. For example, now that you know you shouldn't commit idolatry, you will not worship Buddha anymore or any other gods. Or now that you know you shouldn't have fits of anger, you need to act in a peaceful way and if it's difficult for you in the heat of the moment, you still did not wilfully/intentionally do it and you can ask God to help you. there is also another list, in the NT. With love, tl_p.
I've read the entire Bible three times.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

---

I've read the entire Bible three times.
Not everything God says is a commandment. There are decrees, statutes, and ordinances. I refer only to the commandments.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not everything God says is a commandment. There are decrees, statutes, and ordinances. I refer only to the commandments.
I don't think The Ten Commandments is not the be-all, end-all; we're to follow everything God tells us to do or not to do in the New Testament and what it refers to that we should be like.

Matthew 5:17-20
17'Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
--
So I have already showed you the scriptures and what it says and I'll leave it to you but I also suggest that you pray about this. This is what I understand. With love, tl_p.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Bob Estey, also, you have in your signature about "peace", but what did it say in the NT bible about how you get peace?
Philippians 4:9
4 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think The Ten Commandments is not the be-all, end-all; we're to follow everything God tells us to do or not to do in the New Testament and what it refers to that we should be like.

Matthew 5:17-20
17'Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
--
So I have already showed you the scriptures and what it says and I'll leave it to you but I also suggest that you pray about this. This is what I understand. With love, tl_p.
I believe this verse sheds light on what happens:

But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Jeremiah 31:33 RSV

It’s an individual thing. God teaches each of us individually what we need to do. I would say a good guide is the two great commandments (Matthew 22:34-40) and the Ten Commandments. The Ten Commandments sort of define the two great ones, and other things in the Bible define the Ten.

The purpose of the commandments is to keep us out of trouble.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bob Estey, also, you have in your signature about "peace", but what did it say in the NT bible about how you get peace?
4 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Here is the clue that tells it all, I think:

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matthew 4:17 RSV

Repent of our sin and we have peace.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The purpose of my current signature is to encourage people to trust the Lord.

Reactions: Lambano

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Bob Estey, I think you got it and made it clear what the Law was. Not sure what the Prophets was, but no, the scriptures I gave you was not only to get you out of trouble, it mentions you not going to "inherit or enter into the kingdom of heaven" if you don't follow those things!
I would just suggest that you ask God in prayer to show you the truth through the Holy Spirit about whether you need to only follow The Ten Commandments to get to heaven, and also to be called great and not least in the kingdom of heaven. You might think 'it's ok to be least in the kingdom of heaven' but I think being least in the kingdom of heaven means you will be having and enjoying less in heaven so what if you could make it to be great in the kingdom of heaven but you are now blinded by Satan's lie that it's ok to be least there and you're settling for less?!

Last edited:

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I mentioned, above all, the two great commandments (Matthew 22:34-40).
If you love God Almighty with ALL you heart, soul and mind, you will do, obey, strive for EVERYTHING God wants, His will in the Bible, follow Him WHOLE-heartedly, do what pleases Him. If I say "I love you" to my loved ones but never did anything to show that love, never did anything that they like, that makes them happy, that pleases them, it is no love, it is empty, it is dead and incomplete. God does not want us to do works of the flesh but to do works by the Spirit. He does not want us to walk by the flesh but by the Spirit. Why do you think everything is written in the Bible? For us to ignore and set aside? that does not make us better, help us which God wants and does not change us and what did you quote that Jesus said? repent! When it says in the Word to give to the needy, that's what God wants, when it says that Jesus went to dine with a tax collector, that's what Jesus wants of us, to associate with people seen as lower than us. "Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." Matthew 7:21-23 I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you love God Almighty with ALL you heart, soul and mind, you will do, obey, strive for EVERYTHING God wants, His will in the Bible, follow Him WHOLE-heartedly, do what pleases Him. If I say "I love you" to my loved ones but never did anything to show that love, never did anything that they like, that makes them happy, that pleases them, it is no love, it is empty, it is dead and incomplete. God does not want us to do works of the flesh but to do works by the Spirit. He does not want us to walk by the flesh but by the Spirit. Why do you think everything is written in the Bible? For us to ignore and set aside? that does not make us better, help us which God wants and does not change us and what did you quote that Jesus said? repent! When it says in the Word to give to the needy, that's what God wants, when it says that Jesus went to dine with a tax collector, that's what Jesus wants of us, to associate with people seen as lower than us. "Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." Matthew 7:21-23 I hope this helps.
If you love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul, you will obey his commandments:

"If you love me, you will keep my commandments." John 14:15 RSV

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul, you will obey his commandments:

"If you love me, you will keep my commandments." John 14:15 RSV
Which includes this so EVERYTHING:

17'Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:17-20

Reactions: Bob Estey

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Matthew 25:40-45

New International Version

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
---
great! @Bob Estey, you agree with me now. lol :) I just thought it would be even better if I added the above quote to end off.
And to say, we are "born again" and receive the Holy Spirit for a reason. Not to just say "I believe in Jesus"! but to repent! Jesus said, he wants change for us to turn away from our sins, sin causes suffering. He gave us the Holy Spirit for us to not do works of the flesh but to do works by the Spirit, where we are weak, we can ask God and the Holy Spirit is our Helper and God comes in and empowers us to do things. I also forgot to say that if we love God, we will help others, that's also His will in the bible. Thanks for the discussion Bob Estey.