Do you feel your sin just as I feel my sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 25:40-45​

New International Version​

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
---
great! @Bob Estey, you agree with me now. lol :) I just thought it would be even better if I added the above quote to end off.
And to say, we are "born again" and receive the Holy Spirit for a reason. Not to just say "I believe in Jesus"! but to repent! Jesus said, he wants change for us to turn away from our sins, sin causes suffering. He gave us the Holy Spirit for us to not do works of the flesh but to do works by the Spirit, where we are weak, we can ask God and the Holy Spirit is our Helper and God comes in and empowers us to do things. I also forgot to say that if we love God, we will help others, that's also His will in the bible. Thanks for the discussion Bob Estey.
No, now you agree with me.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 25:40-45​

New International Version​

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
---
great! @Bob Estey, you agree with me now. lol :) I just thought it would be even better if I added the above quote to end off.
And to say, we are "born again" and receive the Holy Spirit for a reason. Not to just say "I believe in Jesus"! but to repent! Jesus said, he wants change for us to turn away from our sins, sin causes suffering. He gave us the Holy Spirit for us to not do works of the flesh but to do works by the Spirit, where we are weak, we can ask God and the Holy Spirit is our Helper and God comes in and empowers us to do things. I also forgot to say that if we love God, we will help others, that's also His will in the bible. Thanks for the discussion Bob Estey.

No, now you agree with me.
I hope so, anyway.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean? You said you only refer to The Ten Commandments and then you said the two greatest commandments, but I said everything in the bible.
I am talking about Jeremiah 31:33. The Lord will feed us the commandments we need to know as we go along. When we sin we get into trouble, so the Lord wants us to know how to stay out of trouble.

But, if you want a general idea of how it works, follow the two great commandments and the Ten Commandments.

Better yet, talk to the Lord about it.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am talking about Jeremiah 31:33. The Lord will feed us the commandments we need to know as we go along. When we sin we get into trouble, so the Lord wants us to know how to stay out of trouble.

But, if you want a general idea of how it works, follow the two great commandments and the Ten Commandments.

Better yet, talk to the Lord about it.
I just don't agree that Jesus said to repent of our sins just so that we could stay out of trouble but that it's His will, an instruction, a command because sin is not love and God calls on us to love Him and everyone, even the least.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just don't agree that Jesus said to repent of our sins just so that we could stay out of trouble but that it's His will, an instruction, a command because sin is not love and God calls on us to love Him and everyone, even the least.
The fact is: When we sin, we get ourselves into trouble. For instance, if I rob a bank, I'll probably go to prison for a long time.

So how do you motivate people not to sin? Do you tell them that sin hurts other people, or do you tell them that they will get hurt if they sin?

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The fact is: When we sin, we get ourselves into trouble. For instance, if I rob a bank, I'll probably go to prison for a long time.

So how do you motivate people not to sin? Do you tell them that sin hurts other people, or do you tell them that they will get hurt if they sin?
Tell them if they sin it will hurt themself AND others, tell them everything, talk to them about the gospel.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You don't always get a chance to talk to people. Sometimes you can only say one thing.
The message should be about Jesus first, who is our Lord and Savior and believing/having faith in Him, that He died on the cross for our sins and raised up again on the 3rd day and conquered sin and death and now he's giving everyone a chance to be saved and get to heaven with Him; therefore, he wants us to repent and be baptized in Jesus' name and make a confession of our faith and we will then receive the Holy Spirit which is our Helper to following Jesus which is God's will, to love God with ALL your 1) HEART (follow what you do to show whole-hearted love as I talked about in this thread, you would obey, strive for, do what He likes, what makes Him happy, what pleases Him as you walk by the Spirit otherwise it is no love, empty love and dead, incomplete, 2) SOUL (you would not do works of the flesh, you would not wilfully/intentionally walk by the flesh otherwise you will not inherit/enter into the kingdom of heaven as in the scripture that starts with, "The works of the flesh are evident" 3) MIND (follow how He teaches about things related to the mind), all these 3 things will make you the most fruitful plus loving your neighbor (everyone you encounter) as yourself, which will then make us "born again", having a new beginning, being a new creature.

If you do not have time to talk to them about all of this then that means it's not time for them to be talked to about relating to Jesus. If all you're going to do is say that sin hurt you, or that Jesus said to repent of our sin just so that we could get out of trouble, that is not the gospel and we are taught to share our faith but at the right time. Thank you for the discussion. I liked how you shed a light on what the Law was when I quoted about the scripture talking about the Law and the Prophets.

Last edited: