Do you guys support Ben Shapiro or Candace Owens in their lastest dispute over Israel and Gaza?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you support Ben Shapiro or Candace Owens in this dispute?

• Total voters

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ben Shapiro and Candace Owens, two prominent younger American conservatives, have been publicly clashing a LOT over the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Twitter itself seems to be one huge and complicated mess nowadays...but their clash has begun to seriously divide even U.S. conservatives, who are split between Shapiro's position to support Israel 100%, and Owens, who seems to favor a more non-interventionist and neutral stance to this bloody conflict.

1700122713699-png.5325110

full

What do most of you guys think? Who is right and wrong here?

Even lots of conservatives are increasingly divided on this issue now that Candace has spoken out so strongly against it:

full

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here's what the Jewish wars are about...

Islam wants Christians and Jews dead. It's their way of cleansing the planet so their Prophet will return.
ohhhhh, It had never occurred to me that exploitation, marginalisation and the love of raw power and money had ever entered Israel's mind!

Reactions: APAK

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"There is no justification for a genocide."

Except:

Genesis 2:16-17​
Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”​
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.​
Even so, having said that--I love Candace Owens!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"There is no justification for a genocide."

Except:

Genesis 2:16-17​
Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”​
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.​
Even so, having said that--I love Candace Owens!
A genocide may not be for you. But it is for many. Islam wants Christians and Jews dead. It's their way of cleansing the planet so their Prophet will return.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ben Shapiro and Candace Owens have been publicly clashing a LOT over the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Twitter itself seems to be one huge and complicated mess nowadays...but their clash has begun to seriously divided even U.S. conservatives, who are split between Shapiro's position to support Israel 100%, and Owens, who seems to favor a more non-interventionist and neutral stance to this bloody conflict.

1700122713699-png.5325110

What do most of you guys think? Who is right and wrong here?

Even lots of conservatives are increasingly divided on this issue now that Candace has spoken out so strongly against it:

full
Ben Shapiro is a Jew, would you expect anything different than 100% support for Israel

Candice Owen's is on the fence, this is where I would be if Hamas didn't capture and take American hostages, Israel has more than enough resources to handle the problem, but taking American hostages changed the dynamics in the conflict

Conclusion: American citizens have been taken hostage, it's America's duty to be fully involved to free them from Hamas the terrorist org

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A genocide may not be for you. But it is for many. Islam wants Christians and Jews dead. It's their way of cleansing the planet so their Prophet will return.
Unfortunately you have it spot on, as they chant in their Muslim prayers, (God has no Son) and yes they want Jews and Christians "Dead"

In America you might hear a different narrative from Muslims, but the fact remains true in Muslim controlled Nations

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It doesn't appear you understood my post.

I posted that the exception of "no justification for a genocide" is God, who has condemned all who sin to death.

Reactions: LouisWilliams

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I posted that the exception of "no justification for a genocide" is God, who has condemned all who sin to death.
Oh I read your post. My comment is that there's a whole lot of Muslims who see it different. For them it's God's will to cleanse the Earth.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately you have it spot on, as they chant in their Muslim prayers, (God has no Son) and yes they want Jews and Christians "Dead"

In America you might hear a different narrative from Muslims, but the fact remains true in Muslim controlled Nations
What has been abundantly clear in recent years and throughout history is that Islam doesn't coexist with anyone. Christians are slaughtered all over the world by Islam and we keep pretending like it isn't happening and welcoming it into our Christian nations.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Candace misspoke .....she needs to backtrack on her comment.

Considering Gaza, genocide would involve the total annihilation of false Palestinians or Hamas. Palestine was never a country ..... How can they be a country? They are unwanted Arabs .......maybe the neighbors would help eradicate them ....

Hamas genocide would involve killing every Islamic person in the world .....hardly possible ....

The two should sit down over tea and reconcile their differences .....

• Wow
Reactions: LouisWilliams

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sigh, it's just so tiresome, this conflict, I read news about it almost every day, and it's become a bit depressing. Lots of the younger adults I've worked with have criticized everything that's going on though.

And both on Twitter AND in real life protests alike, lots of people are calling Biden "Genocide Joe":

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigh, it's just so tiresome, this conflict, I read news about it almost every day, and it's become a bit depressing. Lots of the younger adults I've worked with have criticized everything that's going on though.

And both on Twitter AND in real life protests alike, lots of people are calling Biden "Genocide Joe":
It appears to me you're propping up support for the terrorist group in Gaza named Hamas

Joe Biden has every right to support and join forces with Israel, as Hamas is holding American hostages on Palestinian soil

Perhaps you need to be in the hands of Hamas in Gaza as a hostage, then you would be singing a different tune "Real Quick"!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you guys support Ben Shapiro or Candace Owens in their lastest dispute over Israel and Gaza?

I like them both. Did you state Ben's position with his own quotes, like you did with Candace?

To say genocide is not justifiable is true but also needs to be framed in the conflict. In WWII, many in the Imperial Japanese government sought a policy that would result in the genocide of their own people.

Back then, there was no moral burden on America to stop until unconditional surrender was achieved. Seems that is not the case with Israel. Why is that?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is more than meets the eye going on. Certainly more than portrayed by the media.

Just as there is a divide between traditional Americans and what America has come to be by certain corrupt leadership in recent times, there is also a divide between the Israeli bloodline and heritage of old and segments of the new Jewish state of Israel. Time will reveal all.

The good news is, God will not be mocked, but is working all things together for good for those who love Him according to His purpose.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like them both. Did you state Ben's position with his own quotes, like you did with Candace?

To say genocide is not justifiable is true but also needs to be framed in the conflict. In WWII, many in the Imperial Japanese government sought a policy that would result in the genocide of their own people.

Back then, there was no moral burden on America to stop until unconditional surrender was achieved. Seems that is not the case with Israel. Why is that?

I like them both as well, though both of them can be smarmy at times. I hate to see conservatives clamoring over each other in an attempt for the moral high ground. The movement does much better when we pull one another up rather than try to beat each other up.

I don't see anything wrong in what Candace said. One can be absolutely and unequivocally against Hamas and what they did, while at the same time be 100% against genocide. Secondly, she never accused Israel of genocide, she simply stated her opposition to genocide in any form.

I agree with that, don't you?

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears to me you're propping up support for the terrorist group in Gaza named Hamas

Joe Biden has every right to support and join forces with Israel, as Hamas is holding American hostages on Palestinian soil

Perhaps you need to be in the hands of Hamas in Gaza as a hostage, then you would be singing a different tune "Real Quick"!
Please, I never even said which side I supported, I am 100% against harming civilians, so please stop assuming things out of hand. Are you now saying that everyone should be supporting Joe Biden? Someone which I thought most people here actually disliked? Lots of Jews also dislike him because they think he has handled everything so poorly, they think he is just funding more conflict and instability in a dangerous region with billions of dollars.

I merely pointed out that Joe Biden seems very unpopular even in his own party for his stances. My main point was that this will definitely affect the elections next year, and that not lots of people are becoming more deeply divided.

Lots of Jewish-Americans lately have called for a ceasefire also, and they follow news with Israel much more closely than any of us do most likely. What do you think of them?

Last edited:

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know who Candace Owens is. I used to like Ben Shapiro's content before he changed into a "reacts" channel.

Modern Israel may not be God-fearing, but it's still a high-quality nation that's been on friendly terms with most of the Western world for the last 70 years.

And Palestine... isn't any of those things. Honestly, the Palestinian culture is toxic.

I'm not in favor of genocide, but if there's a way to erase the worst parts of that culture (i.e. through education), I'd be for it.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please, I never even said which side I supported, please stop assuming things out of hand. Are you now saying that everyone should be supporting Joe Biden? Someone which I thought most people here actually disliked? Lots of Jews also dislike him because they think he has handled everything so poorly.

I merely pointed out that Joe Biden seems very unpopular even in his own party for his stances.

He's unpopular only among the small "hate Israel" segment of Democrats.... well, maybe not that small.

And among conservatives-- Christian conservatives in particular, Shapiro loses his shine in this dispute. He seems unhinged and angry, personalizing a legitimate disagreement. It makes him look small. And he is. :sxl: