Do you have a life verse?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
(Rev 22:1)

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

(Rev 22:2)

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

(Rev 22:3)

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

(Rev 22:4)

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

(Rev 22:5)

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
This may rub some the wrong way, but I have to say it. Where does such an idea as a "life verse" come from?

My life verse? The Word of God, ALL of It.

I recall some saying once how the first thing they do when rising in the morning is to randomly open up The Bible and haphazardly point to a verse, kind of like playing a Ouija board. And then whatever verse their finger comes to rest upon, that... is their verse meant for the day.

I'm sorry, doing that kind of thing I see as dishonoring our Heavenly Father's personal Letter, The Bible, that He sent to us. It is instead to play games, popular fads, a way of this world and not God's Ways.

My intention is to not insult, but to get Christian brethren and sisters back on God's path in His Word.

rand

Sep 10, 2012
Hey Vet.

To me the term life verse is actually to say a verse that began the radical change in your life. I understand that not everyone sees it that way, but I do.

Mine is John 17:23 where Jesus is praying and He prayed that we would know that the Father loves us the same as He loves Jesus. Not that the Father would love us the same, but that we would know that He does love us the same.

That was huge to me, it changed completely the way I see the Father, and it truly made me want to be more like Him

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hey Vet.

To me the term life verse is actually to say a verse that began the radical change in your life. I understand that not everyone sees it that way, but I do.

Mine is John 17:23 where Jesus is praying and He prayed that we would know that the Father loves us the same as He loves Jesus. Not that the Father would love us the same, but that we would know that He does love us the same.

That was huge to me, it changed completely the way I see the Father, and it truly made me want to be more like Him

I understand what you mean, but it would be impossible for me to even try to narrow it down to just one Bible verse.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Not only have I held this verse since I began studying, threw thick and thin, its become a prayer and promise to everyone.
Phil 1:6
[sup] [/sup]being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

joshhuntnm

Jul 1, 2012
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 (TLB)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 (TLB)

Amen to that.

Spirit Covenant

Nov 5, 2012
If you have a life verse, plz post it.
I'd like to know what you view as your "life verse".

Mine is this...

Colossians 1:10 ....''That you might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God".

K

Matthew 7:7 (Complete Jewish Bible)

7 "Keep asking, and it will be given to you; keep seeking, and you will find; keep knocking, and the door will be opened to you.

I asked for the true riches of heaven and God gave me His Spirit.

perrero

Aug 6, 2010
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Suffer me a little, and I will shew thee that I have yet to speak on God's behalf.
I will fetch my knowledge from afar, and will ascribe righteousness to my Maker.
JOB 36:2-3 KJV

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
John 15:5

" I am the vine, you are the branches: He that abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without Me you can do nothing."

I must say I have found this thread most uplifting. Thanks to you all for sharing these special verses.