Do you know the real Jesus ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a person who's traveled many circles, visiting many churches (including all of the ones listed above and many more), and sat and listened to the people in those variety of pews. And I've seen first hand how there are folks in each one of those pew sets that truly love Christ and are indeed Christians. And it would be lying of me to deny that. I feel it's wrong for anybody to make such a denial. Despite the many many flawed understandings each of these mortals sinners have of the almighty all powerful God.

Yes, it is important that each person learn more of Christ & His ways-- it's extremely important. That's part of growing in Christ, but not that first step embracing Him.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, it’s not an academic understanding that saves (or unsaves) anyone. Vast of the disagreements one this subject are academic ones, involving interpretation of certain passages. Not about the love of Christ or scripture.

You are absolutely correct! It is not an academic knowledge but trust in teh death and physical resurrection of Jesus for ones sin debt before God the Father that saves a soul and causes them to be vborn again and filled with the Spirit.

But remember before we can do that- we must first come to have the knowledge to act on!

As I tell all my students
1. Right living comes from right thinking
2. right thinking comes from right knowledge
3. right knowledge comes from the Word of God!

Before one can do anything- they must first know what to do!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As to my view on the subject of the nature of God , I believe i’ve already covered that with you @Christophany . If I’m wrong and / or there’s something else you want me to cover deeper, let me know.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are absolutely correct! It is not an academic knowledge but trust in teh death and physical resurrection of Jesus for ones sin debt before God the Father that saves a soul and causes them to be vborn again and filled with the Spirit.

But remember before we can do that- we must first come to have the knowledge to act on!

As I tell all my students
1. Right living comes from right thinking
2. right thinking comes from right knowledge
3. right knowledge comes from the Word of God!

Before one can do anything- they must first know what to do!
Yes and no- things come on order.

Obviously a person need to know that Christ exists to embrace Him. But they don’t have to have a perfect understanding. Even the most studied still have much to learn.

Reactions: amadeus

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Obviously a person need to know that Christ exists to embrace Him. But they don’t have to have a perfect understanding. Even the most studied still have much to learn.

Of course not! Like any relationship we start and grow in knowing each other.

If I had the same depth of relationship now (46 years as a Christian) as I did when first saved, then I have done something wrong. Relationships must grow!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, they may not yet have the "face to face" vision but some of them without such a perfect vision have truly surrendered or are striving to be surrendered or are asking God sincerely to help them to be surrendered and seeking His kingdom and His righteousness first. Growth is where their salvation lies. How often must a person repent along the road?

They, that is we, all started with nothing in or of God or nothing about which we knew. The Father drew us to Jesus and we reacting to His drawing began to know Jesus by faith... but from nothing to as through a glass darkly... and hopefully eventually to that "face to face"...

I believe that some people claim a clearer vision of Him than they actually possess. Some of course effectively deny that they need to grow in order to make it with Him to the end of the road.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not! Like any relationship we start and grow in knowing each other.

If I had the same depth of relationship now (46 years as a Christian) as I did when first saved, then I have done something wrong. Relationships must grow!
Amen! During the first three years of marriage to my wife in spite of our best efforts our relationship was deteriorating. We were on the verge of going like so many have gone into separation and divorce when God got hold of us and in our natural relationship we finally started to grow because He was also involved.

So it is with our relationship with God. The growing can never stop while there is still time. As to my personal relationship, this past June marked 48 years together for us.

In my relationship with God I can describe some milestones which began for me not later than 1949. Their have many others from then until now. The end is not yet.