Do you need to Cry everytime that a sin is commited?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering that sin has been paid for, do you think it is good to shame, and condemn people whom may be caught up in sin?

Is that how a person ends up changing?

Do people like to go to church, and hear people harp on sin, and that if they dont stop sinning they are gonna be caught up and damned in hell tortured in flames forever because you couldn't stop sinning?

I thought Sin was paid for?

Is the message to stop sinning, or to pick up your cross, die with Jesus, into new life putting the old life into the ground even though - possiblity of sinning or having not faith is possible to come up with-in a Christians life?

If you sin, does that make you humble before God?

From my own perspective people are suppose to die to sin - but not make harping on sin their lifestyle persay... but how God has radically changed one life by the spirit?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Considering that sin has been paid for, do you think it is good to shame, and condemn people whom may be caught up in sin?
Do people like to go to church, and hear people harp on sin, and that if they dont stop sinning they are gonna be caught up and damned in hell tortured in flames forever because you couldn't stop sinning?
Is the message to stop sinning, or to pick up your cross, die with Jesus, into new life putting the old life into the ground even though - possiblity of sinning or having not faith is possible to come up with-in a Christians life?
From my own perspective people are suppose to die to sin - but not make harping on sin their lifestyle persay... but how God has radically changed one life by the spirit?
Hi @MatthewG
Knowing that our sins have been forgiven is one thing, applying that to our lives is another. Christ is the author and finisher of our faith, and faith without works is dead, so ongoing repentance of sin is essential to a living faith.

"Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" is a sermon written by the American theologian Jonathan Edwards, preached to his own congregation in Northampton, Massachusetts, to profound effect,[1] and again on July 8, 1741 in Enfield, Connecticut. The preaching of this sermon was the catalyst for the First Great Awakening.[2] Like Edwards' other works, it combines vivid imagery of Hell with observations of the world and citations of Biblical scripture. It is Edwards' most famous written work, and a fitting representation of his preaching style.[3] It is widely studied by Christians and historians, providing a glimpse into the theology of the First Great Awakening of c. 1730–1755. [Wkpd Sinners In The Hands Of An Angry God]
1685057100916.png

Reactions: Keturah

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't know about anyone else here, but I know that I'm a degenerate sinner, incapable of changing myself. That's why I need Jesus. I do oftentimes regret my own sin because I know that I disappointed Jesus but I apologize to Jesus and I ask him for forgiveness.