Do You Think That God Ever Gets Overwhelmed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I was just busy telling @Grailhunter about the message of my current story is yes I do feel at times God gets overwhelmed because He knows that He can't please everybody and He has a rough job enough as it is having to see some of His children wind up in Hell when He would rather spend eternity with all of them. What do you guys think?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I was just busy telling @Grailhunter about the message of my current story is yes I do feel at times God gets overwhelmed because He knows that He can't please everybody and He has a rough job enough as it is having to see some of His children wind up in Hell when He would rather spend eternity with all of them. What do you guys think?

Consider the following verses of scripture:

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" Numbers 23:19

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

"Jesus wept" John 11:35

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider the following verses of scripture:

"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" Numbers 23:19

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

"Jesus wept" John 11:35

So what does that exactly mean? I know that it can't mean that God doesn't experience human emotions because of the last verse you quoted. And the fact that He got angry when it was justified as well.

Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Going back to C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity, he had this anology.

It's like God is writing the story of Bill's life. He spends a hour, two hours, crafting Bill's life, sharing with him, communing with Him. Then God closes the book, and goes out for a few days. He returns, and reopens just where He left off, continuing in Bill's life. Bill has no concept that God has been gone, He's been there all the time. God meanwhile has all the time He needs, being eternal, to visit me in my life, to visit you in your life,

OK, I know where this analogy has flaws, just the same. An Eternal God can spend every moment of my life with me, fully focused on me, and He can do the same with you, and everyone else.

There's no impatience, He knows exactly how things will proceed. No disappointment, no false expectations, no, I had hoped he would . . . but too bad! Nothing like that.

I don't think God ever is overwhelmed with us.

Much love!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
His dominion is an eternal dominion,
His kingdom endures from generation to generation.
All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing.
He does as He pleases with the powers of the heavens.

And the peoples of the earth.

No one can hold back His hand
Or say to Him, "What have You done?"

His kingdom...is one
That will never be destroyed.

And yet...I have the ability to hurt His feelings deeply, as we all do.
How do I know this? He is the perfect father.

Can you even begin to imagine what it was like for Him to turn His back on His Son?
"My father, my father, why have you forsaken me?"
For the first, and for, as far as I know, the last time. Ever.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you even begin to imagine what it was like for Him to turn His back on His Son?
"My father, my father, why have you forsaken me?"
For the first, and for, as far as I know, the last time. Ever.

Exactly. Don't you think that would be overwhelming for Him?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm having a hard time typing just thinking about it.
Can you imagine seeing your only child hanging on a cross, hearing his cry, and then turning away from him?
How much does he love us?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you trying to humanize God in an attempt to identify with him? Because I'm not sure God feels things like being overwhelmed, he is peace and love, is being overwhelmed peaceful?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you trying to humanize God in an attempt to identify with him? Because I'm not sure God feels things like being overwhelmed, he is peace and love, is being overwhelmed peaceful?
Scripture talks about how He is grieved...
Genesis 6:6
The Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
Psalm 78:40
How often they rebelled against Him in the wilderness
And grieved Him in the desert!
2 Chronicles 21:7
Yet the Lord was not willing to destroy the house of David because of the covenant which He had made with David, and since He had promised to give a lamp to him and his sons forever.
Isaiah 63:10
But they rebelled
And grieved His Holy Spirit;
Therefore He turned Himself to become their enemy,
He fought against them.
Isaiah 65:3
A people who continually provoke Me to My face,
Offering sacrifices in gardens and burning incense on bricks;
Ephesians 4:30
Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
Psalm 139:24
And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way.
Hosea 12:14
Ephraim has provoked to bitter anger;
So his Lord will leave his bloodguilt on him
And bring back his reproach to him.
Source: 8 Bible verses about Grieving God

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture talks about how He is grieved...
Genesis 6:6
The Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
Psalm 78:40
How often they rebelled against Him in the wilderness
And grieved Him in the desert!
2 Chronicles 21:7
Yet the Lord was not willing to destroy the house of David because of the covenant which He had made with David, and since He had promised to give a lamp to him and his sons forever.
Isaiah 63:10
But they rebelled
And grieved His Holy Spirit;
Therefore He turned Himself to become their enemy,
He fought against them.
Isaiah 65:3
A people who continually provoke Me to My face,
Offering sacrifices in gardens and burning incense on bricks;
Ephesians 4:30
Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
Psalm 139:24
And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way.
Hosea 12:14
Ephraim has provoked to bitter anger;
So his Lord will leave his bloodguilt on him
And bring back his reproach to him.
Source: 8 Bible verses about Grieving God

Yeah I thought about that after I posted it, he also gets angry. Which is what I was thinking about. He did create the entire universe and then rested on the 7th day. I'm not sure a few humans are much to overwhelm him though. The mass of the universe is a super amount of energy.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God's suffering presently is in excess of what we know or can comprehend. Has this been considered? What do I mean? God has seen the plans hatched and their implementation for every evil that has ever existed all the way back to Lucifer in Heaven. He has suffered the misrepresentation of himself by Lucifer and peoples/cultures through Earth's history. How God deals with this in a Creation where intelligent beings are given choice is the large picture.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Luke 22:42 "Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 22:42 "Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."
So are you asking if Jesus the Christ gets overwhelmed or God the Father or the Holy Spirit? There are three in one God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do You Think That God Ever Gets Overwhelmed?
OP ^

Overwhelmed? No.
Angry? Yes.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Have you ever had a HOPE, of someday receiving an "inheritance" ?
For an "inheritance", People "typically" think...ooooh aaaah money, money, money.

Gods "inheritance" IS "converted men" who Believe IN Him and Christ Jesus.
"Converted men" willingly give to the Lord God their most precious worthy thing they have....Their "LIFE".

It must be "disappointing" to God, to hear men, demean their own life as worthless.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Azim and April_Rose

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's quite possible God gets overwhelmed.
And when it's all too much he inspires cartoonists and Hollywood screenwriters to create the most idiotic or evil shows or movies for release to the public.

So that we the consumers of that nonsense can one day arrive at the realization, thinking it was worth our time and attention then to let such garbage enter our minds under the block of entertainment, why we need a savior .

That's what I think.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should point out God's ability to multi-task, he in fact can send and receive to all his creation at the same time, which implies the absence of "overwhelmed".