Doctrine vs Belief

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Doctrine is very important, and must be correct. If God wants to forgive false doctrine that's his business. But when I read John 4:24 I don't think having false doctrine is excusable.

I look at "doctrine" as being "teaching", "belief" or "truth". It's gotta be correct. So I don't mind all the arguing, because the Truth is that important. I challenge anyone and everyone when it comes to Truth.... And I include myself in that. If I ain't following Truth, I beg others to show it to me. I will fight cause I'm not a reed shaking in the wind, but since I can't be perfect in the Law, I do want to be perfect in following Truth.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If scripture was like a math equation that was required to be precise in order to land a person on another planet, I would understand your concern, FHII, but it is nothing like a math equation. Instead, God is dealing with people and He has chosen to use people as instruments to communicate with! To compound the issue, He is using blind people to lead blind people - none of us can prove a thing using our senses, which is how we determine all other truth that can be verified. Only God could pull this plan off. Scripture is truth - the truth of human frailty and God's greatness - it is not a science book - it is a record of faith and therefore, can be misunderstood and privately interpreted. Thankfully, God know what He is doing and will wipe away every tear and straighten out all mistakes if we are humble enough to recognize our own ignorance.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am member of several Christian sites, and I see a reoccurring phenomenon in almost all of them... Arguing over who is right and wrong.

So I want to know something.

How important IS doctrine? Has the majority of the Christian community really replaced God with biblical interpretation aka doctrine?
Can you accept Jesus as your Savior and example without following another man's, or group's, interpretation?
If I don't agree with your accepted interpretation of the Bible, do you think I am deceived?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of the mainstream religious organizations believe if you don't agree with their doctrine then you been deceived by a false prophet

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Ti 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Mat 16:12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Every Church that has it’s own doctrine, has not Christ’s doctrine. If they did it would always agree with the doctrine of Christ. That is God’s word. Do you really know if your church’s doctrine agrees with the bible?

There is only one church who professes that the bible is their doctrine. Good for them! At least interpretation of scripture is open for debate.

Be blessed.

The word Doctrine is not in these Scriptures and should not be inserted to prove a point.The that should used is "teaching"

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
any doctrine concerning God and his children that are not taught of the Holy Spirit, or given permission by him, do as Mrs Paul do the fish, "if it's not Mrs Pauls throw it out".

1 Corinthians 2:12 "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1 Corinthians 2:13 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

follow God, he will teach you.

PCY.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am member of several Christian sites, and I see a reoccurring phenomenon in almost all of them... Arguing over who is right and wrong.

So I want to know something.

How important IS doctrine?

I would say Very important.
A Doctrine IS; the culmination of ones Beliefs.

Has the majority of the Christian community really replaced God with biblical interpretation aka doctrine?

I would say a Doctrine; IS the culmination of ones Beliefs.

And the Culimination: the "set" of beliefs, is OFTEN determined BY "interpretations", as you mention.

And the umpteen Different "interpretations" or otherwise "understanding the meaning of Scriptures"....is routinely, thought up via philosophical "thinkers", ie mans carnal understanding, and packaged and "presented" as the TRUTH... "According to God".... And there you have a resulted umpteen different "denominations".

Can you accept Jesus as your Savior and example without following another man's, or group's, interpretation?

Absolutely. The beauty of the knowledge revealed in the NT, IS precisely; NO interpretation "guessing" (from a mans MIND-FULL thoughts, is necessary.)

For me to understanding anything about YOUR WORD..."you" would be the "authority" for your own spoken words understanding.

It has Always worked that way, with God as well.

God is the Authority on the "understanding" (ie interpretation) of His own Word.

Rarely do you find Gods Understanding written IN INK ON PAPER.
You are likely well aware God provides many gifts to men IN FAITH. Even faith itself is a GIft from God, "FOR" a man believing.

Understanding His Word, is also a Gift from God. A Gift He gives to men IN FAITH, and seeking His Understanding (according TO HIM, not mens MINDS)

Scriptures teach this, and if you need examples, ASK, and I will show you.

If I don't agree with your accepted interpretation of the Bible, do you think I am deceived?

This is a more INDEPTH question, that is riddled with "IF"s.
"IF" your "interpretation" is from your logical minds thoughts...I would give it no consideration.
"IF" you are not "IN Christ"....I would give no consideration to your "interpretation".
"IF" you are a young convert "IN Christ"...I would be more inclined to wonder about your efforts in reading and studying the Word.
"IF" you are a young convert, or old convert, who has not deeply read or studied...I would consider your "lack" of knowledge and "inexperience" ...
"IF" your "interpretation" is from God forward to you...I would consider what you have to say.

Wrong because we conclude differently...??
Not necessarily...many times it does have to do with....Being on the SAME PATH, but at different Distances on the SAME PATH.

Just saying. Gods Understanding is a gift from God, and like all gifts from God, comes as a result of the mans efforts.

The Carnal MIND is against God. Rom 8:7

IOW - God does not gift your carnal Mind with Spriitual gifts.
IOW - a mans new born again spirit is IN his heart, and why Scripture is repeatedly notifying you a Spiritual relationship between the Spirit God and a mans Heart, is paramount.
IOW - a man who is diligent, seeking, delving in His Word...God has a pocket full of Gifts and Blessing to pile on such a diligent men...

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited: