Does a Loving God Chasteneth and Scourgeth Us?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
whirlwind;74308][B]:) Several times I have quoted.....[/B] [URL=http://bible.logos.com/passage/kjv/1%20Corinthians%2010.11][COLOR=#000000][B]1 Corinthians 10:11[/B][/COLOR][/URL][B] Now [COLOR=blue]all these things happened[/COLOR] unto them for [COLOR=blue]examples[/COLOR]: and they are written for our admonition said:
ends of the world are come.[/COLOR][/B]Please really read what is written. All things written, all the events that have happened, literally happened and will again happen...either literally or spiritually for they are examples to those of us living in the end of days. They are "types" or shadows of what is to come. Isaiah foretold of Rome marching through Jerusalem and in doing so also foretold of Satan again marching through Jerusalem. Rome was a type for Satan. Jerusalem is a type for us....His children, His holy city. Satan is mentioned throughout the Bible...perhaps not by name but certainly by types. Satan was the serpent in the garden. Satan was Pharoah to Moses and the Israelites. Satan was the king of Tyrus to Ezekiel, Caiaphas the high priest was a type of Satan to Jesus and on and on and on. The way Satan has been depicted throughout Biblical history is who he is now, is how he will appear in the end of days. Please give the chapter and verse for...."Peter said that his day was "the last days".
They were examples to show us how to live, and how God interacts with men. It doesn't mean everything that happened to them will happen to us.I think you are giving Satan way to much credit. Don't you believe there were just evil men? What is the basis for attributing all of that to Satan? Here are Peter's words.Acts 2:14-21 ( KJV ) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Butch5;74317]They were examples to show us how to live said:
The same story, the example, is shown over and over...different names and places, but the same story is told over and over again. For instance the Israelites were in the wilderness. In Revelation you see written that the woman (the church) goes into the wilderness. They went to a literal wilderness where we go into the wilderness of our minds where we are fed...fed by both forces, as they were. The result...some destroyed, some not. Seeing types and shadows in the literal stories to what will again happen is what we should recognize. The same applies to Jerusalem being ransacked by the Romans. 70AD wasn't "the end." As far as giving to much credit to Satan...no, I don't think so. We are in a struggle with him until the end of days...and that hasn't yet happened. Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her Seed; It shall bruise thy head, and thou shall bruise His heel."His heel was bruised on the cross...he will again bruise the "feet" of Christ (His feet being symbolic of the elect, the witnesses) but....Christ will bruise his head and then finally crush his head at the end of the millennium. (quote) Here are Peter's words.Acts 2:14-21 ( KJV ) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
On Pentecost Day the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, came and that is an example of what will be...in the last days. Those days weren't the last days. Old men didn't dream dreams. The servants and handmaidens didn't go around prophesying, there were no heavenly signs, etc....IT HASN'T YET HAPPENED. But, it will.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
whirlwind;74343][B]The same story said:
The same applies to Jerusalem being ransacked by the Romans. 70AD wasn't "the end." As far as giving to much credit to Satan...no, I don't think so. We are in a struggle with him until the end of days...and that hasn't yet happened. Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her Seed; It shall bruise thy head, and thou shall bruise His heel."His heel was bruised on the cross...he will again bruise the "feet" of Christ (His feet being symbolic of the elect, the witnesses) but....Christ will bruise his head and then finally crush his head at the end of the millennium. (quote) Here are Peter's words.Acts 2:14-21 ( KJV ) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
On Pentecost Day the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, came and that is an example of what will be...in the last days. Those days weren't the last days. Old men didn't dream dreams. The servants and handmaidens didn't go around prophesying, there were no heavenly signs, etc....IT HASN'T YET HAPPENED. But, it will. [/QUOTE]Wow, you seem to have you own interpretation. You will not explain your hermeneutic to me and now you are outright denying the words of Scripture. There really is no need to continue.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah chapter 28 refers to the destruction of Jerusalem. The chastising does come from the Lord it is to those who disobey. That is why Paul says those who despise it are bastards. He is saying those who reject the chastisement are rejecting the Lord.
This is the exact quote:
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.