Does anyone else have this problem?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That "empath" thing is New Age ....many people don't realize it. Like I said, the label is not something I claim.

God gives us discernment, compassion, words of knowledge, etc ... He calls many of us to intercessory prayer. That is very different.
Blessings in Christ Jesus TLHKAJ. Perhaps by mentioning that I am a empath there is a misunderstanding. There are gifts from birth and then There are the Gifts of The Spirit. Any gift that does not bring Glory to The Lord does not mean much to me. Being a Christian and an empath actually requires a close walk with The Lord as much prayer is needed to get rid of all that is absorbed from others. Let my words be judged by what I have written on these boards to see if any false new age teaching have been presented here or any where else. The Lord had me to work a long time in the public sector just to fully depend on Him to get through the day. I would go down to break feeling one way and fully restored after break for The Lord is faithful. I absorb or pick up from others from birth, that is the way The Lord created me. When I have said, "I see" that has nothing to do with what I was born with, that is The Lord's doing and meant for His Glory. And He will be glorified through me all the days of my life. Blessings!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awhile ago, I walked into the kitchen and accidentally touched the wall ....got shocked ...flipped the switch, got shocked .....touched the stove, got shocked.... sigh... lol
Lol that sounds familiar! You wrote that so well! I couldn’t stop laughing. I’m sorry. It’s not really funny though because it hurts! Above there is a mention of empath. I don’t really know what that is …but I’ve had others ask if I’m an empath. I’m over here getting shocked too. Hmmm…maybe there is something to it.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get electric shocked by nearly everything I touch... light switches, appliances (fridge, stove, washer, dryer, etc), certain walls, grocery freezer doors, shopping carts, clothing, people.... sigh. It's not your normal shock. I actually see electricity (like little lightning bolts) shoot out of the switch when I touch it to turn the light on or off.

I've always had this problem to a degree ...but it's worse over the last few years.

Anyone else?

Sounds like you have an electrical problem in your house lol. But if it is static electricity then that means there is low humidity. That's how I used to sell a lot of Humidifiers. If it happens out and about in town also then it's prolly your clothing causing it. Hydrate, moisturizing skin lotions and all that.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny, I was thinking the same thing last might. My mom carried a lot of electricity, and she also couldn't wear certain jewelry.

I got a job once at an HVAC company and they told me upon hiring that I couldn't wear my wedding ring at work. I said, What?! They was talking about fixing roof top units and if you have on a ring and poke your hand inside the cabinet that high voltage (460 volts) can easily jump to your ring and zap you. (Just dont have your other hand on the cabinet! Yikes!))

• Wow

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you have an electrical problem in your house lol. But if it is static electricity then that means there is low humidity. That's how I used to sell a lot of Humidifiers. If it happens out and about in town also then it's prolly your clothing causing it. Hydrate, moisturizing skin lotions and all that.
It should be happening to other people too, right? I wear the same kind of fabric everyone else does. I do wear mostly cotton blends... that means, some polyester and such. I go to visit friends and I shock them ....they don't shock each other. lol I'm thinking it's something with me/my body.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About the empath. I had to look it up and a lot of it made sense to me. It was on a health site and no tuttity-fruity site. It could be a real thing and not always a positive thing to be an empath. The site mentioned a different way the brain receives and perceives stimuli and one cause could be trauma. Out of which a person becomes hyper vigilant. Or hyper sensitive to what’s surrounds them. This fits with my counselor telling me I’m always in a state of “expecting the other shoe to drop” …sometimes I think I sleep with one eye open. Not really but I’m maybe to aware of what goes on around me. Another negative to me is people around me get annoyed with my asking “what is wrong?” Even when they growl back “nothing is wrong!”. I can feel something is off and walk on egg shells. Even though they smile and say “it’s all in your head.” Another thing that was mentioned concerning empaths is an over stimuli to sounds and motion and people. Often times, they isolate. For decades I could not go in big box stores because of all the lights, sounds and people. With all the stimuli rushing at me… I would panic and run for the door. I knew it was the stimuli because I would start to feel like I was suffocating. I don’t doubt at all that overwhelming stimuli can freak a person out. Point is …already in the thread it’s being seen as new age…but hypersensitive is no new thing.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol that sounds familiar! You wrote that so well! I couldn’t stop laughing. I’m sorry. It’s not really funny though because it hurts! Above there is a mention of empath. I don’t really know what that is …but I’ve had others ask if I’m an empath. I’m over here getting shocked too. Hmmm…maybe there is something to it.
Lol .... I'm glad you got a laugh.
I left out the shock when I raised the temp on the thermostat.... sparks again. And I always get shocked on my tummy when I lean against the stove. Oh well ....maybe I should wear a rubber suit.

• Love
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I left out the shock when I raised the temp on the thermostat.... sparks again. And I always get shocked on my tummy when I lean against the stove. Oh well ....maybe I should wear a rubber suit.
Does it only happen certain times of the year? Mine is worse in winter? Maybe someone has already asked this question? I haven’t read every post yet.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a picture of my granddaughter. She is six. I couldn’t stop laughing thinking of her picture. Her hair is long and in the photo all of her hair is standing straight up on her head. She was on the trampoline. Her and her siblings love to rub their heads over the matt of the trampoline ro make all their hair stand up from the static. I was tempted to post her picture for you to get a kick out of…but I don’t like posting their pictures on social media. It is hilarious though! I think of your hair standing up when you keep sneaking up to touch things. Lol

• Haha

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, no. We've had so much rain (and sometimes snow, ice ) here over the last several weeks ...the ground is still saturated, flooding easily. And ....I have zero carpet in my house. I somehow don't think this is a normal amount of electricity in a body. I mean ...I shouldn't be seeing sparks fly, right?

Have you ever had an EEG? Maybe you can get one done to you. EEG's measure the electrical activity it the brain. If you have high electrical activity in the brain...I wonder if that could be its source. No carpet? rainy season? Maybe it is you.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My home is fairly new. I don't believe it is the wiring. Like I said (if you actually read my replies), this happens everywhere I go. And no ....I don't even watch Binny Hinn, nor any of the other cult-programmed, cult-paid television/YouTube evangelists and I certainly don't aspire to be anyone but who God created me to be.

Just because the home is new doesn't mean it was done right. Maybe the elctrician crew thought the apprentice could handle it because they were busy? If you have a multi-meter I could walk you through testing the lines.

But if it happens everywhere you go...I'd be talking to the Lord about it, A lot.

If you hold both red and black leads from a multi meter, do you show a voltage? (Prolly be DC) Start payig close attention when you get shocked, what clothes, what part of house. I bet we can figure it out. Unless it's God doing something with you that is.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should be happening to other people too, right? I wear the same kind of fabric everyone else does. I do wear mostly cotton blends... that means, some polyester and such. I go to visit friends and I shock them ....they don't shock each other. lol I'm thinking it's something with me/my body.

Static electricity is most the time generated by two cloths rubbing together. I think it stays on your skin. That's why I suggested hand lotion to see if that helps.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About the empath. I had to look it up and a lot of it made sense to me. It was on a health site and no tuttity-fruity site. It could be a real thing and not always a positive thing to be an empath. The site mentioned a different way the brain receives and perceives stimuli and one cause could be trauma. Out of which a person becomes hyper vigilant. Or hyper sensitive to what’s surrounds them. This fits with my counselor telling me I’m always in a state of “expecting the other shoe to drop” …sometimes I think I sleep with one eye open. Not really but I’m maybe to aware of what goes on around me.
I couldn't quote your whole post. But I could relate to all of it in certain ways. Most people here probably know that my history involves a lot of trauma. For me, trauma began in the womb, and to this day, I live under threat of periodic physical accessing and retaliation by the cult. (In fact, I am awaiting my 2nd chiropractor visit in less than a week because of a recent incident and severe pain ...ribs, spine, hips, shoulders, pulled muscles, etc.) Needless to say, I have to be aware of my surroundings 24/7. I don't appear uptight or on edge to others. My interactions are normal and calm. But I stay alert.

My adrenals were shot a long time ago, and hopefully, that is improving through nutrition and diet, and much prayer.

I have had times when too much talking (people around me) was overstimulating. Inside, I had to double task ...listen, while telling myself it's okay, this is important, I'll get through this, etc. I didn't want to remove myself from the conversation because this was my sweet teenage daughter talk, talk, talking away. (Lol) I stayed, I participated, and I survived it. (Lol) And that has happened on occasion in other situations. It helps when I know what's happening and why. If I pray and know I'll be okay .....it goes better. But if someone is snappy, I've learned to just walk away, remove myself from their presence ....pray and focus on something productive and positive with the Lord. In the past, I might take on what others put on me with their snappiness or bad moods ....take the guilt, etc. But that isn't realistic, nor the right thing yo do. It isn't mine.

Right now, I am working through some things with the Lord that He is putting His finger on. When someone is hurting, sick, etc ....I am prone to take responsibility upon myself to make them better/okay ....to make sure they don't die, etc. This is something that was exploited through many setups throughout my childhood when someone was hurt and it was "my fault." Or someone I loved was hurt and I was responsible for making sure they didn't die. This happened when I was age 4 ...I remember my mother being hurt, incoherent, and I'm sitting with her head in my lap, making sure she doesn't die. (Literally, these scenarios happen over and over in SRA/MK.) They love to exploit anything that is a God-given attribute.

Anyway ....that was probably too much. But all that to say .....I relate to what you wrote.

• Love

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it only happen certain times of the year? Mine is worse in winter? Maybe someone has already asked this question? I haven’t read every post yet.
It is exacerbated in colder temps. But I am prone to shocks year round.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Static electricity is most the time generated by two cloths rubbing together. I think it stays on your skin. That's why I suggested hand lotion to see if that helps.
I use lotion every day, several times a day. My very favorite lotion is made of tallow, avocado oil, emulsifying wax, essential oils. :)

Reactions: MA2444

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are gifts from birth and then There are the Gifts of The Spirit.

Only gifts from the Holy Spirit are legit... all other "gifts" should be discarded.

Sometimes one's parents are into dark things and bring children up among dark spirits and what some think of as "gifts" are not gifts from the Lord at all.

We need to remember that the devil can only emulate what he sees the Lord do and for the purposes of deception, the devil frequently attempts to do things that appear to be good to the un-discerning person who does not realize it's an exercise of deception to deceive them or others around them or both.

I heard a testimony once of a guy who had broken his arm and not long after he went to an Ozzy Osbourne concert and during the concert he thought he heard a voice telling them to break the cast off of his arm because his arm was healed. (he was getting drunk and doing drugs when all this was happening)

Since the pain had left his arm, the guy believe his arm was healed so he tore off the cast and still no more pain, arm appeared to be healed. He went back to his doctor and x-rays revealed the break in his arm has mended up.

This guy was not a believer, and he went around testifying to everyone that his arm was miraculously healed at an Ozzy Osbourne concert... satan caused the arm to be broke and somehow he withdrew this curse from the guy causing him to appear to have been miraculously healed for the purposes of deceiving this guy and those around him.

Just like pharaoh's witches... the devil has some shuck-n-jive abilities to bring forth what appears to be miracles but these are false manifestations in that they are not of God and they are performed for the purposes of deception.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only gifts from the Holy Spirit are legit... all other "gifts" should be discarded.

Sometimes one's parents are into dark things and bring children up among dark spirits and what some think of as "gifts" are not gifts from the Lord at all.

We need to remember that the devil can only emulate what he sees the Lord do and for the purposes of deception, the devil frequently attempts to do things that appear to be good to the un-discerning person who does not realize it's an exercise of deception to deceive them or others around them or both.

I heard a testimony once of a guy who had broken his arm and not long after he went to an Ozzy Osbourne concert and during the concert he thought he heard a voice telling them to break the cast off of his arm because his arm was healed. (he was getting drunk and doing drugs when all this was happening)

Since the pain had left his arm, the guy believe his arm was healed so he tore off the cast and still no more pain, arm appeared to be healed. He went back to his doctor and x-rays revealed the break in his arm has mended up.

This guy was not a believer, and he went around testifying to everyone that his arm was miraculously healed at an Ozzy Osbourne concert... satan caused the arm to be broke and somehow he withdrew this curse from the guy causing him to appear to have been miraculously healed for the purposes of deceiving this guy and those around him.

Just like pharaoh's witches... the devil has some shuck-n-jive abilities to bring forth what appears to be miracles but these are false manifestations in that they are not of God and they are performed for the purposes of deception.
Blessings Big Boy Johnson. I am quite aware of the enemies devices as that is part of my calling. But thank you for offering up your knowledge and advice. Have a good day.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't quote your whole post. But I could relate to all of it in certain ways. Most people here probably know that my history involves a lot of trauma. For me, trauma began in the womb, and to this day, I live under threat of periodic physical accessing and retaliation by the cult. (In fact, I am awaiting my 2nd chiropractor visit in less than a week because of a recent incident and severe pain ...ribs, spine, hips, shoulders, pulled muscles, etc.) Needless to say, I have to be aware of my surroundings 24/7. I don't appear uptight or on edge to others. My interactions are normal and calm. But I stay alert.

My adrenals were shot a long time ago, and hopefully, that is improving through nutrition and diet, and much prayer.

I have had times when too much talking (people around me) was overstimulating. Inside, I had to double task ...listen, while telling myself it's okay, this is important, I'll get through this, etc. I didn't want to remove myself from the conversation because this was my sweet teenage daughter talk, talk, talking away. (Lol) I stayed, I participated, and I survived it. (Lol) And that has happened on occasion in other situations. It helps when I know what's happening and why. If I pray and know I'll be okay .....it goes better. But if someone is snappy, I've learned to just walk away, remove myself from their presence ....pray and focus on something productive and positive with the Lord. In the past, I might take on what others put on me with their snappiness or bad moods ....take the guilt, etc. But that isn't realistic, nor the right thing yo do. It isn't mine.

Right now, I am working through some things with the Lord that He is putting His finger on. When someone is hurting, sick, etc ....I am prone to take responsibility upon myself to make them better/okay ....to make sure they don't die, etc. This is something that was exploited through many setups throughout my childhood when someone was hurt and it was "my fault." Or someone I loved was hurt and I was responsible for making sure they didn't die. This happened when I was age 4 ...I remember my mother being hurt, incoherent, and I'm sitting with her head in my lap, making sure she doesn't die. (Literally, these scenarios happen over and over in SRA/MK.) They love to exploit anything that is a God-given attribute.

Anyway ....that was probably too much. But all that to say .....I relate to what you wrote.
I understand. I’m also trying to learn not to take on others moods as if I’m the cause. I am
trying to also, not allow them to put it on me as if I’m always the one to blame. It is good advice that you have given here to other’s experiencing that same struggle with always needing to be a fixer. I’m not suggesting you meant it as advice, but maybe you were more sharing what you’ve learned. it did help me though to consider these things. If there is a such thing as an empath…or simply someone hypersensitive to what happens around them…it does come with this tendency to think if you are aware there’s an issue, then you should try to fix it. That is heavy to carry. Exhausting. Especially when it’s not ours to fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and TLHKAJ