Does anyone have a YouTube channel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just curious, does anyone have a YouTube channel or ever thought of making a YouTube channel?

I was just watching a video where a gal talks about making some money via her channel which is about real estate.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just curious, does anyone have a YouTube channel or ever thought of making a YouTube channel?
I have one that I use for posting videos of our weekly Zoom church worship services, which I then link on our church website. It gives our shut-ins and anyone who was out of town that Sunday a chance to participate during the week. At only one video a week, it's free, so it's within our church's budget.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Debp

Yes, there is a channel that is called Good News Sharing. It's mainly used for bible readings, and teachings, there use to be a lot of videos on there but one day during a relapse my mind decide to delete all of them until getting sober again. Been mainly working on tiktok, and maybe one day will get back to making chapter by chapter verse by verses on youtube. Mainly just to help other people, to be encouraged to read the bible, question what they been taught, and of course never believe anything that I say, but to go and seek after God, and go to the source of life, the light of all mankind.

I was two weeks in before relapse again (I was gonna try to make a series "New Testament in a Month"), only got through the 4 gospels, but man God is good, and recovery is going good, on the 17th of this month will be sober for 1 month. Praise Yahava, and his ability to turn people back around on the right road, which is rough, and hard, and strait, narrow. Yeshua can lead us to a place of rest.

I don't ever expect to make any money, but hopefully on the 17th I'll move right into working again, and that will be my support, aside from the loving grace, and mighty power of Yahava, and the spirit of Christ.

In all respect, and love,
Matthew

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was just watching a video where a gal talks about making some money via her channel which is about real estate.
Hi Deb,
I have a YouTube channel you can visit here. I am not making any money with this humble attempt. :)

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Debp

Yes, there is a channel that is called Good News Sharing. It's mainly used for bible readings, and teachings, there use to be a lot of videos on there but one day during a relapse my mind decide to delete all of them until getting sober again. Been mainly working on tiktok, and maybe one day will get back to making chapter by chapter verse by verses on youtube. Mainly just to help other people, to be encouraged to read the bible, question what they been taught, and of course never believe anything that I say, but to go and seek after God, and go to the source of life, the light of all mankind.

I was two weeks in before relapse again (I was gonna try to make a series "New Testament in a Month"), only got through the 4 gospels, but man God is good, and recovery is going good, on the 17th of this month will be sober for 1 month. Praise Yahava, and his ability to turn people back around on the right road, which is rough, and hard, and strait, narrow. Yeshua can lead us to a place of rest.

I don't ever expect to make any money, but hopefully on the 17th I'll move right into working again, and that will be my support, aside from the loving grace, and mighty power of Yahava, and the spirit of Christ.

In all respect, and love,
Matthew
Hang in there brother.

Reactions: Debp and MatthewG

DaveG

Sep 14, 2023
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Serenity Souls," a YouTube channel with a profound mission, exists to fortify individuals' Christian faith and provide spiritual refuge in our fast-paced digital era. Through heartfelt discussions, inspiring testimonials, and practical guidance, this channel is a beacon of hope and spiritual growth. "Serenity Souls" fosters a nurturing online community, equipping viewers with the wisdom and inspiration they need to authentically integrate faith into their daily lives. Whether you seek answers, a supportive community, or personal transformation through faith, "Serenity Souls" invites you to embark on a journey of deepened spirituality and serenity in your connection with God.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for replying. I'm not tech savvy but was thinking of someone in particular here at the forum. Was thinking they might make a little income from having a YouTube channel.

Reactions: DaveG

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have another question about YouTube.

If I wanted to make a comment on someone's videos, is there a way to not have my actual name appear? Once I tried to make a comment and my name appeared so I didn't proceed.

Reactions: Chains Broken

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If I wanted to make a comment on someone's videos, is there a way to not have my actual name appear? Once I tried to make a comment and my name appeared so I didn't proceed.
I think there's 2 was of doing this, you can change your name to something more anonymous by going to youtube.com, click on your profile picture on the top right (if you don't have a picture it'll just be a photo of the first letter of your first name) and click YouTube Studio. Then scroll down to Customization on the left side of the screen, select the Basic info tab at the top and change your "Name" and "Handle" to whatever you want it to say your name is. I don't know why they make it so complicated and it might be a little different depending on your browser.

Alternatively you can make another anonymus account to just use for youtube but if you like being signed in for gmail or something you would have to switch accounts which is kind of a pain. The benefit of this though is your viewing history isn't linked to your name when they inevitably sell our information but I'm sure they'll know either way.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I don’t have a YouTube channel...I watch YouTube a lot, especially the cleaning motivation channels, also the Christmas decorating channels.

You can make a living from having a YouTube channel....they also get gifted different items from businesses, that want their products advertised ranging from furniture ( all types) vacuum cleaners/ Christmas Trees, the YouTubers who have been gifted the products, obviously give a review on the gift they received....

Ive thought about starting one, it doesn’t feel right, I don’t believe I’m being led by the Holy Spirit to start one..plus it’s a lot of work starting a channel, all the equipment you need...then apparently editing takes a long time to do...

You look up how much a popular influencer/ You tuber can make.....some buy houses from their proceeds of being a YouTube influencer....it takes time to build an audience I believe...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Your name is always shown on a YouTube channel comment..quite a lot of YouTube influencers get a lot of verbal abuse thrown at them, they have the option to delete the comment...that is another reason I wouldn’t want a channel, as I’ve read, some young girls have had to come off of the channel because of the dreadful abuse they receive...

The only comment the YouTube influencer doesn’t know is ,who posted /or who pressed the thumbs up or thumbs down button.

Reactions: JohnDB and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
plus it’s a lot of work starting a channel, all the equipment you need...then apparently editing takes a long time to do..
I think there's 2 was of doing this, you can change your name to something more anonymous by going to youtube.com, click on your profile picture on the top right (if you don't have a picture it'll just be a photo of the first letter of your first name) and click YouTube Studio. Then scroll down to Customization on the left side of the screen, select the Basic info tab at the top and change your "Name" and "Handle" to whatever you want it to say your name is. I don't know why they make it so complicated and it might be a little different depending on your browser.

Alternatively you can make another anonymus account to just use for youtube but if you like being signed in for gmail or something you would have to switch accounts which is kind of a pain. The benefit of this though is your viewing history isn't linked to your name when they inevitably sell our information but I'm sure they'll know either way.

@Ritajanice When I started this topic I was thinking about @My Dreams He already has a YouTube channel which I am subscribed to. I think he already has about 535 followers.

Are you subscribed to his channel?

Btw, if you want to start a channel, you can use video you record via your phone. That's what the Crazy Fox Lady does and in a fairly short time, she has 150,000 followers!

@Chain Breaker I use a YouTube app which is already on my tablet. I'm not too tech savvy. I guess I don't really need to comment on anything.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Ritajanice When I started this topic I was thinking about @My Dreams He already has a YouTube channel which I am subscribed to. I think he already has about 535 followers.
Has he, well, I hope @My Dreams is ok with you telling the forum that information.

If he is, then maybe he can tell me what his channel is called, as I would like to subscribe.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he is, then maybe he can tell me what his channel is called, as I would like to subscribe.
There are other channels with the same name. So the easiest way to subscribe was to do it from one of Mel's videos that he sent me. Do you have any video from him?

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Chain Breaker I use a YouTube app which is already on my tablet. I'm not too tech savvy. I guess I don't really need to comment on anything.
Sorry I didn't realize you meant the app. You can click on your profile pocus in the bottom right, click the circle with a pencil in it, and then click the pencil next to your name and handle to change them. At least that's how it works on my phone, I'm not sure if it's the same on everything.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never wanted a YouTube channel....

YouTube is really good at pulling out the rug from underneath you on a whim if you are successful and somehow your topic becomes "controversial".

Like a carpenter showing fine woodworking skills and tips all of a sudden gets "canceled" because he uses an expensive rare wood in a piece of furniture....so then he gets accused of deforestation of exotic woods from rainforest.
Or the guy says "oh shoot" on the video when making an oops so he gets canceled for promoting guns....crazy stuff like that happens regularly.

So when it comes time for things like religion or politics....now you really stepped into the hornets nest. Being Doxed is not a joke. You will need extra high security if you are successful. However.....most are not successful.

It is easier than ever to inexpensively produce a good quality video with a few pieces of equipment like ring lights and microphone. The script needs to be well written and edited...usually using good software. You can even edit yourself with glamor software like the Daily Show uses. (Makes you look physically pretty in amazing ways and is much cheaper than plastic surgery and makeup)

The biggest thing is to have that deep resonating bass voice that sticks in people's heads and ears and to come across as an almost simpleton...(makes you appear honest) The truth that you have an above average intelligence must be hidden as that discourages viewership and increases the volume of "haters"....because you now are a target.

Watch a few "Millennial Farmer" videos....it's a good example of how to be successful doing everyday tasks that are rather mundane but he makes them seem fun while raking in an extra $20,000/month by making videos.

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is easier than ever to inexpensively produce a good quality video with a few pieces of equipment like ring lights and microphone.
Some successful YouTubers just film using their phones.

There's two I watch that only use phones and they have huge followings. One is The Crazy Fox Lady and the other is SavAFox. Oh, another guy has a pet coyote, Pit Bull and a cat which all play together....he only uses a phone, too. Has a huge amount of subscribers.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some successful YouTubers just film using their phones.

There's two I watch that only use phones and they have huge followings. One is The Crazy Fox Lady and the other is SavAFox. Oh, another guy has a pet coyote, Pit Bull and a cat which all play together....he only uses a phone, too. Has a huge amount of subscribers.
Yeah....they are unique...but like I said it's relatively low budget stuff anymore. I think millennial farmer just uses a goPro camera.

None of it is expensive.

But each is unique to the genre of videos or subject matter they produce. (Hard to stand out in a crowd)

And if it is entertaining....people will find it and share it.

And it will be on the internet forever....