Does Doubt Doom You?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

renewedfaith1964

Nov 13, 2013
I've had doubts my entire Christian life. When I was younger, I kept waiting for the moment that I would wake up one morning and find that my doubts were gone. Kind of like having a bad case of the flu and finally waking up to find that the fever has broken and you are getting better. That never happened. But that doesn't mean I'm not a Christian.

I spent many years being tortured by doubt. My faith suffered so much. Then one day I realized that I could live with it. It wasn't a sin to do so.

iticus

Nov 10, 2013
Does doubt doom you? LOL. Doubt just means you have a pulse.

Without doubt there would be no faith.

SelectThis!

AlephBet - The Strong House of God
Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
renewedfaith1964 said:
I've had doubts my entire Christian life. When I was younger, I kept waiting for the moment that I would wake up one morning and find that my doubts were gone. Kind of like having a bad case of the flu and finally waking up to find that the fever has broken and you are getting better. That never happened. But that doesn't mean I'm not a Christian.

I spent many years being tortured by doubt. My faith suffered so much. Then one day I realized that I could live with it. It wasn't a sin to do so. I recently published a free book about this fight with doubt called "iDoubt: When Faith Falters." You can download it free at Smashwords.com. I wrote it with the hope that others who suffer doubt will find solace from others who know just what you are going through.
Your book sounds really interesting. Can you give us some of the finer points?

My doubts melted away when I discovered a very simple cure:

Father in Hebrew is Aleph (Strong) Bet (House). The Alphabet writes the Word. Son is Bet (House) Nun (Seed). The Son is the House of Seed. Mother is Aleph (Strong) Mem (Water). The Strong Water is the mother. Baptism is our involution into the waters of life. Why? So we can evolve (rise to new life). Why faith?

Faith removes duplicity. If you seek good to avoid punishment, what are you really after? If you seek good to gain reward, what are you really after? Duplicity (double-minded) is the desire to preserve self an the fear that you might lose something. It is essentially idol worship of the individual over the many we are involved with.

Ask a question: Will God lose His Son?

He gives the Son to save all of us. What more can he give us to placate our fears?

1 Corinthians 10

14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

Doubt is the fear of losing something that you desire to keep. We are the body of the Son. God won't lose us.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it matters what somebody doubts as to whether or not they're
doomed; for example:

†. Gen 1:25-27 . . God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle
after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind:
and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image,
after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and
over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over
every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man . .
and evening and morning were the sixth day.

According to that passage, God created dinosaurs, mammals, and human
beings on the same day. Whether somebody believes that's actually fact or
not doesn't really matter; viz: it's not an essential element in the plan of
salvation. Here's another example:

†. John 10:27-29 . . My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they
follow me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither
shall anyone snatch them out of my hand. My father, who has given them to
me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My father's
hand.

Now THAT passage matters because refusal to accept Jesus' statements
is most certainly doom-worthy.

†. John 3:36 . . He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who
does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on
him.

†. John 3:18 . .Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever
disbelieves stands condemned already.

Here's another example:

†. John 10:30 . . I and my Father are unified.

So then, according to the two previous passages: people who insist that
Jesus and his Father are split on major issues-- like, say, capital punishment
-- are dead on the hoof; viz: doomed to hell even before they pass on.

Buen Camino
/

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
Your post seems more like an advertisement for your website?

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Hi guys Im new, (obviously) but if you dont mind I would like to say gidday to you and weigh in with my humble thoughts on this discussion.
I have been in faith since only 2007 and since then have also struggled immensely. Its really only recently I have begun to mature somewhat with how I confront my fears when it comes to doubt. The first thing I found was the letting go of the past which has already been forgiven the next was forgiving myself but the most important thing was a scripture I read not so long ago which sticks in my mind whenever I feel doubt and fear approach. In Genesis God says to Cain something along the lines of "Why is your face down cast, if you do what is right, will you not be accepted, sin is crouching at your door and it wishes to have you."
Sin brings fear of punishment and continual sin brings fear and doubt of your own salvation. But when I manage to get on top of my sin and bury my face and mind in the things of Christ like his word I find fear along with doubt passes away. I feel more acceptable when I bring myself in line with the Salvation I have been given by grace.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does doubt about the efficacy of a seatbelt stop it from saving your life in an accident? Only if it stops you from using it.