Does God feel proud of us?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
On the positive side, Genesis 5:

24 Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took him.
Job 1:

8 And the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil?”
The Father seemed to be proud of his Son in Matthew 3:

17 Behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”
Jesus was impressed by a centurion's faith in Luke 7:

9 When Jesus heard these things, he marveled at him, and turning to the crowd that followed him, said, “I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.”
Jesus spoke to a Canaanite woman in Matt 15:

28 Jesus answered her, “O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed instantly.
Jesus stood up when they were about to stone Steven in Acts 7:

54 Now when they heard these things they were enraged, and they ground their teeth at him. 55 But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 And he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”
There were a few cases in the Bible where God seemed to be proud of them but the term "proud" was not used.

On the negative side, Genesis 6:

6 And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.
That's a general statement about how God felt about men.

Psalm 78:

40 How often they rebelled against him in the wilderness and grieved him in the wasteland!
John 2:

24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people.
Romans 3:

10 as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; 11 no one understands; no one seeks for God. 12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”
Is God proud of humans?

No.

Is God proud of Christians?

No, not in general.

Is God proud of some faithful Christians?

It seemed so. However, "proud" was not used to describe these impressive individuals. I would rather stick to the phraseology of the Bible.

Bottom line, Luke 17:

9 Does he thank the servant because he did what was commanded? 10 So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.’”
Let God be proud of us if he wishes. For my part, I am just happy that I have done my duty.

See also Proud and prideful

Reactions: amadeus

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the positive side, Genesis 5:

Job 1:

The Father seemed to be proud of his Son in Matthew 3:

Jesus was impressed by a centurion's faith in Luke 7:

Jesus spoke to a Canaanite woman in Matt 15:

Jesus stood up when they were about to stone Steven in Acts 7:

There were a few cases in the Bible where God seemed to be proud of them but the term "proud" was not used.

On the negative side, Genesis 6:

That's a general statement about how God felt about men.

Psalm 78:

John 2:

Romans 3:

Is God proud of humans?

No.

Is God proud of Christians?

No, not in general.

Is God proud of some faithful Christians?

It seemed so. However, "proud" was not used to describe these impressive individuals. I would rather stick to the phraseology of the Bible.

Bottom line, Luke 17:

Let God be proud of us if he wishes. For my part, I am just happy that I have done my duty.

See also Proud and prideful
I think the Lord has emotions just as we have emotions. If we do well, he would be proud of us.