Does God give us faith, or do we give God faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"All this has HAPPENED the instant you Give God your Faith."

By the words of faith from some people, I know I don't want anything to do with it, much less God.

Does God really want a piece of our mind, or are we not supposed to want His mind on things?

Who in the wide wide world of idolatry even thinks of giving God our faith? As though God needs us to clue Him in on what pleases Him? Is He waiting to hear the words that proceed from our mouths, or aren't we supposed to hear the words that proceed from His mouth?

Some people are truly full of themselves and their faith.

Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Thats misconstrued people dont give their faith away but have faith in God and His purpose.

Your making a statement that's twisted.

Reactions: mailmandan

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the work of God [that you should do], that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
You can insert into Scripture any amount of your own words of faith you like, but God does not have to accept it.

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

Adding to Scripture our your words of faith, is a perfect example of giving God your faith, rather than the other way around, which is God giving us His faith to believe and do.

You can offer up to God your faith all you want, but it didn't work for Cain, and it won't work for you.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats misconstrued people dont give their faith away but have faith in God and His purpose.

Your making a statement that's twisted.
For people like you, I guess I need to be more clear.

Alert! Alert! These words are not mine. I am quoting from an OSAS believer. Alert! Alert!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is what giving God one's own faith is all about: Whatever one believes, must be accepted by God in heaven.

If someone believes they are already forever sitting in heavenly places, without any chance of falling from heaven as Lucifer did, then whatever they believe must be heavenly, and so must be accepted by god and in all heavenly places.

Giving one's own faith to God, is the mind of gods in heaven, who each contribute to the whole faith of God and heaven. They shine the light of their own faith alone to Him, that the heavenly light may be made brighter and brighter by their contribution to God.

It's akin to the mystical philosophy of Tolkien, who didn't believe it, but only imaginatively fantasized about it. These people believe it.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:

I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Being saved forever and ever by one's own faith alone, and giving God your faith to Him, and so to be accepted by Him, is the exact mind of Lucifer at his fall.

Lucifer believed with all his heart, that he would be like the most high by the goodness of his own faith alone, and he would so shine his own light in all heavenly places, like God on the throne, that all heaven would have to rejoice and accept it forever.

Since these people really believe they are now seated in their own heavenly places forever, without any chance of falling like Lucifer, then if they believe something with the heart, it must be true and heavenly and accepted of God and all heaven.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

They believe that what proves to be acceptable to God, is the fact that they believe it alone. And it has nothing to do with how they live on earth, nor whether it is conformed to Scripture on pen and paper.

Like Lucifer, that great son of the morning light, they believe their own faith and words of faith must be the truth shining in all heaven above.

This is their reasoning: If their soul and heart is already perfectly pure and clean by faith alone in heaven, then how can they not always be believing what is true and heavenly? How can anything they do believe with the heart, not be true and heavenly?

Since their hearts and souls in heaven are always righteous by faith alone, then they must always be believing righteously.

Though they are not doing righteousness at all times on earth, their hearts are believing righteously at all times in heaven.

And no amount of pen and paper on earth can matter near as much, since they believe it with a heart aht has been made perfectly righteous for ever, by their own faith alone.

But whatsoever hath a blemish, that shall ye not offer: for it shall not be acceptable for you.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For people like you, I guess I need to be more clear.

Alert! Alert! These words are not mine. I am quoting from an OSAS believer. Alert! Alert!
I am but one person not many.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

By the words of faith from some people, I know I don't want anything to do with it, much less God.

You have this entirely wrong Robert

Philippians 2:5 is the entire focus and effort of the Saint.

God is not interested in your carnal mind - he put that to death in His Son...it's about God being in you - in Logos!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have this entirely wrong Robert

Philippians 2:5 is the entire focus and effort of the Saint.

God is not interested in your carnal mind - he put that to death in His Son...it's about God being in you - in Logos!
I need to be more clear. I am quoting what someone else was telling me. Until recently, I've never heard any Christian talking about giving God their faith. As though He needs to hear from us, so that He can have fuller faith and share it with the rest of heaven.

The same person says that in return for giving God the gift of their faith, He gives them the gift of salvation, which can never be taken away so long as they keep giving God more of their faith. It's like God rewards them for giving Him a piece of their mind.

It's an extremist product of being saved by their own faith alone.

They really believe they are sitting in heavenly places forever without any chance of falling, and so their faith is just a true and heavenly as God's, and God wants them to share their faith with Him, so He can share it with all other heavenly places.

And even worse, their faith therefore is of more importance than any words written on paper on earth, which includes the Bible.

They really believe that God writes on their hearts and minds, and that becomes new Scripture of truth, and outweighs any and all Scripture of the prophets and apostles before.

It can be seen in how they change any Scripture around they want, in order to make it fit their own faith alone.

The truth of course is that the gift God gives us is His faith with Jesus, which is written into Scripture and only found in Scripture, and by grace we can receive His faith obediently, so that He may write His word on our hearts and minds, so that our minds can be renewed as His mind and do His faith, and not our own.

That is how the saints mind the things of the Spirit of Christ, and not the things of the flesh:

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Reactions: face2face